Sport T20 World Cup

What a game. Cricket is just so much more exciting when the ball is slightly dominating the bat. Scoring was hard work.

Stokes... What a player, what a 2022 he's had.

Brilliant heroic effort again from Ben Stokes. Cracking innings. Thought we bowled well today too. Curran in particular!

Pakistan always have a good bowling attack, and I thought Rauf was brilliant for them. It was a low scoring final, but a thrilling game, and to come out on top is just fantastic.

I fancy an early beer. 🍺

One thing cricket is terrible at is the presentation of the trophy, too much waffle and book keeping done. Just give the players their medals and the trophy, do the interviews afterwards, not on the pitch.

Great win for England. Fantastic composed innings by Stokes. He didn't need to go big, just needed to be there at the end and get the job done.

Also some fantastic bowling by Curran and Rashid which made the batsmen's job a lot easier. Totally agree with Curran winning the MOTM. 3 wickets at an economy rate of 3.00 is fantastic.

Hit-and-Giggle champions then! Like most T20s I’ll completely have forgotten England won it tomorrow but it’s good to take the title for something the Indians desperately crave.

Another performance for the now groaning scrapbook of top England moments for Ben Stokes. He’s an aura that will be hard to replace when he eventually stands down.

Some redemption for Hales too? I wonder if he’ll be enjoying some words with Eoin Morgan in the after party?

Hit-and-Giggle champions then! Like most T20s I’ll completely have forgotten England won it tomorrow but it’s good to take the title for something the Indians desperately crave.

Another performance for the now groaning scrapbook of top England moments for Ben Stokes. He’s an aura that will be hard to replace when he eventually stands down.

Some redemption for Hales too? I wonder if he’ll be enjoying some words with Eoin Morgan in the after party?

First team to be holders of the T20 and 50 over World Cups at the same time.

One thing cricket is terrible at is the presentation of the trophy, too much waffle and book keeping done. Just give the players their medals and the trophy, do the interviews afterwards, not on the pitch.
Also too many graphics, stats, etc shown between balls. Doesn’t really help with soaking up the atmosphere.
In cricket they seem to have invented a stat for everything.

A very good win. Since the Ireland fiasco we have looked the best team with plenty of strength in depth. I thought we would have a bit too much for Pakistan but they did bowl well, fair play. Stokes handles pressure so well out in the middle.

I stupidly agreed to take the kids to the cinema (Wakanda Forever - don't bother!) and for lunch after. Stopped watching the England innings at the 7th over and resisted checking my phone until I got home so I could watch it "live".

Overs 10-15 were a hard watch but what a finish and great stuff from Stokes. Glad it was able to be played in full and the weather didn't play a part.

Curran has really come of age over the last year and Buttler has led this team brilliantly.

Hope we can find our identity at test level to really dominate world cricket!

First team to be holders of the T20 and 50 over World Cups at the same time.
First men's team to do so - the Australian women's team were the first team.

In the 50-over format of the game, Australia have won more World Cups than all other teams combined—capturing the 1978, 1982, 1988, 1997, 2005, 2013 and 2022 titles. They have achieved similarly emphatic success in Twenty20 cricket by winning the ICC Women's T20 World Cup in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2018 and 2020.

Also too many graphics, stats, etc shown between balls. Doesn’t really help with soaking up the atmosphere.
In cricket they seem to have invented a stat for everything.
Football has the nonsense of XG though!

Until cricket starts having expected wickets and expected runs, I suggest cricket stats are better than football stats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom