Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too have 2 threatening front men and a front 3 involving Browne +1 on the left, Whyte + Murphy on the right

I agree on that but we actually offered £750k for him in Jan not £600k though which makes it even more unlikely he’ll be back.
He’s worth no more than 500k but then again think that is to high.could have offered a decent fee with a good sell on clause.

Where does this information come from?
Actually it was from Karl himself believe it or not! Whether he told me the correct figure or not I don’t know obviously but he told me that the offer we put in had just been turned down and what it was.
And yes I was a tad surprised he told me this information as I was a complete stranger to him.

We certainly enquired about making Joseph's deal permanent and also made at least 2 other bids of a similar size (£500k+) for other players in January.

This goes against the idea at the time that we had no money or that the board didn't trust Robinson to spend it (although we had returned to a more collective recruitment process by then).

Liam Manning was really impressed with Kyle Joseph and I'd be amazed if there haven't already been conversations between all concerned. But with several targets we can't be paying over the odds for anyone and it will depend on whether Swansea see him as a viable option next season or not.

If a price can be agreed then it could be a deal we do pretty early, unfortunately though I think it is more likely that a sale can't be agreed and we again look to do a loan deal late in the window instead.

The same man who said Konate would cost more than 1 million. 🤷‍♂️
Konate came in to an absolute shitshow. I can still remember our ex-illustrious leader asking him if he speaks English on his first day here 🙄 Surely the merest amount of research would have given him the answer… just summed up how lazy KR had become at that point. Anyway, I think it’s unfair to judge the player on this short chapter of his career. Hopefully it won’t be too damaging for him and he goes on to have a good career

Actually it was from Karl himself believe it or not! Whether he told me the correct figure or not I don’t know obviously but he told me that the offer we put in had just been turned down and what it was.
And yes I was a tad surprised he told me this information as I was a complete stranger to him.
Nothing unusual about KR's behaviour. Or, rather, everything about his behaviour was unusual! The story of the offer going in for a striker has various players rumoured to be the target. TW did confirm that an offer of that magnitude had been made for a player (not named) and subsequently declined by the club concerned. I would have thought it highly unlikely that it was for Joseph given that he was already here on loan and that it was recognised that we needed an experienced striker to replace Taylor/Baldock etc.

Nothing unusual about KR's behaviour. Or, rather, everything about his behaviour was unusual! The story of the offer going in for a striker has various players rumoured to be the target. TW did confirm that an offer of that magnitude had been made for a player (not named) and subsequently declined by the club concerned. I would have thought it highly unlikely that it was for Joseph given that he was already here on loan and that it was recognised that we needed an experienced striker to replace Taylor/Baldock etc.
To be fair he did convince me (and my family) that it was a Joseph bid, he named him several times and even did his usual 5 minute eulogy on what a good, nice, honest lad he was.
Having run sales teams for most of my working life I’ve got a pretty good inbuilt bullshit indicator but have to say he did convince me on this one (not that he normally did on Rad Ox!).
Doesn’t make diddly squat difference now I suppose but if it was true shows the Board were prepared to wave the wonga about in January.

We certainly enquired about making Joseph's deal permanent and also made at least 2 other bids of a similar size (£500k+) for other players in January.

This goes against the idea at the time that we had no money or that the board didn't trust Robinson to spend it (although we had returned to a more collective recruitment process by then).

Liam Manning was really impressed with Kyle Joseph and I'd be amazed if there haven't already been conversations between all concerned. But with several targets we can't be paying over the odds for anyone and it will depend on whether Swansea see him as a viable option next season or not.

If a price can be agreed then it could be a deal we do pretty early, unfortunately though I think it is more likely that a sale can't be agreed and we again look to do a loan deal late in the window instead.
This is quite concerning as January was far worse than the summer window! The only difference being Manning now. Putting in relatively high bids is all well and good but if the targets are unachievable then what's the point?
The mood around the club is far better since the manager left but it will be interesting to see how the summer window pans out to see how deep rooted KR's influence was on the club and whether his absence has allowed other areas to improve.

What utter nonsense, we all know K.R. would never sign a player without a short or long term injury problem .

I knew Corbeanu was on loan at Blackpool last season but missed the fact that he has been at German outfit Arminia Bielefeld since January.
Been playing wide left apparently. Only 21 and I thought he looked good at MKD under Liam Manning

Fotcdm2XEAEHJqW

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom