Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve read the opposite, their fans were desperate to keep Ennis but not too bothered by Hardie. All depends on keeping Ennis fit though.

Having seen plenty of both of them I'm not convinced either will make the step up.

I think Plymouth were better than the sum of their parts - recruiting solid (top half) L1 players and playing with a clear structure and discipline. Think they'll need a massive injection of quality this Summer (as opposed to Ipswich).

Ennis to Blackburn feels like a bit of a lazy signing, as though someone has just gone 'Who was decent at Plymouth? Any of them out of contract? Yeah that'll work'.

If they're hoping he's the replacement for Brereton Diaz that will fire them to the PL then I think they'll be disappointed.

Having seen plenty of both of them I'm not convinced either will make the step up.

I think Plymouth were better than the sum of their parts - recruiting solid (top half) L1 players and playing with a clear structure and discipline. Think they'll need a massive injection of quality this Summer (as opposed to Ipswich).

Ennis to Blackburn feels like a bit of a lazy signing, as though someone has just gone 'Who was decent at Plymouth? Any of them out of contract? Yeah that'll work'.

If they're hoping he's the replacement for Brereton Diaz that will fire them to the PL then I think they'll be disappointed.
I didn’t see the games that Plymouth played against us but I was shocked at how bad they were against Bolton in the trophy final. As bad a performance as I’ve seen from anyone all season. Schumacher looked totally shell-shocked on the touchline.

I watched Plymouth v Bristol city last pre season, I know it was only a friendly.
But they were fit, prepared and obviously well organised for the coming season. As were Bristol.

I watched Plymouth v Bristol city last pre season, I know it was only a friendly.
But they were fit, prepared and obviously well organised for the coming season. As were Bristol.
They were everything we weren’t then! #chickenshop

I assume your post is implying we weren’t prepared which I agree with as it was awful on all fronts. I keep also hearing many people saying how bad the club is run now also and certain areas need massive improvement which I agree with. From this time last year every top job be it Chairman CEO 1st team manager and most of the coaching staff has changed along with recruitment. I think we now need to move forward and quickly because at present the support base is broadly behind the club on most fronts. The Chairman and CEO need to step up and quickly to deliver. Niall McWilliams is one who at present deserves praise for the excellent job he is doing regarding the stadium progress. Money is there and will hopefully be spent wisely. I was told this week in January we offered Swansea 600k for Kyle Joseph and got a no. I think he would be an excellent signing for us but decent forward players cost lots. Really hopeful regarding Josh Murphy for next season.👌

I think that everything must be put on hold until the transfer date . Remember we have a few assets that bids could come in for so until we know who may or may not be going I think positional wise is difficult to speculate what players we want .

It’s pretty evident Robinson out of sight was a lazy self serving whatever. Last season ended up as a panic and rush to put the shambles together, as he missed out on the QPR job.
The Plymouth Bristol game was pretty evident we were miles behind in preparation for the season.
As for the Chairman or CEO can only judge them so far on being suckered in and deceived, like a lot of others.
They both deserve a 2nd chance, and appointing Manning, seems to me a more sensible appointment.
He seems calm, measured and hopefully more prepared for next season.
From what I’ve seen so far, definitely more aware tactically over 90mins

It’s pretty evident Robinson out of sight was a lazy self serving whatever. Last season ended up as a panic and rush to put the shambles together, as he missed out on the QPR job.
The Plymouth Bristol game was pretty evident we were miles behind in preparation for the season.
As for the Chairman or CEO can only judge them so far on being suckered in and deceived, like a lot of others.
They both deserve a 2nd chance, and appointing Manning, seems to me a more sensible appointment.
He seems calm, measured and hopefully more prepared for next season.
From what I’ve seen so far, definitely more aware tactically over 90mins
A one-eyed wombat is more tactically aware than Robinson.

Iam sure there's alot going on behind the scenes we need 6 good players in at least and I feel this year it will happen. No1 signing please a classy strong CDM.

I assume your post is implying we weren’t prepared which I agree with as it was awful on all fronts. I keep also hearing many people saying how bad the club is run now also and certain areas need massive improvement which I agree with. From this time last year every top job be it Chairman CEO 1st team manager and most of the coaching staff has changed along with recruitment. I think we now need to move forward and quickly because at present the support base is broadly behind the club on most fronts. The Chairman and CEO need to step up and quickly to deliver. Niall McWilliams is one who at present deserves praise for the excellent job he is doing regarding the stadium progress. Money is there and will hopefully be spent wisely. I was told this week in January we offered Swansea 600k for Kyle Joseph and got a no. I think he would be an excellent signing for us but decent forward players cost lots. Really hopeful regarding Josh Murphy for next season.👌
I don’t fancy Kyle for any more than 600k if that, good player but quite dear

Iam sure there's alot going on behind the scenes we need 6 good players in at least and I feel this year it will happen. No1 signing please a classy strong CDM.
Agree, I wonder how much different this year would've been with an on form and fit Gorrin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom