Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some are youngsters, some are loanees, some are first team squad players 13 one way or another are in their final year - replace, sign or renew?

Based on what I've seen so far I'd go for this at the end of the season...

DAN AGYEI - New Contract

BILLY BODIN - New Contract (1 Year Deal)

LEON CHAMBERS-PARILLON - New Contract (1 Year Deal)

MICHAEL ELECHI - Release

ANTHONY FORDE - Release (We can do better and need to if we want promotion, he's not a midfielder likely to contend with our current crop and he's not good enough at fullback)

TYLER GOODRHAM - Release

ALEX GORRIN - New Contract

JAMIE HANSON - Release

JAMES HENRY - Release (Controversial but he's not getting any younger, position could change if he manages to continue to influence and keep fit for the majority of this season)

ELLIOTT MOORE - New Contract (2/3 Year Deal)

SLAVI SPASOV - Release

MARK SYKES - New Contract

SAM WINNALL - Release

DAN AGYEI - New Contract

MICHAEL ELECHI - Release

ANTHONY FORDE - Release (We can do better and need to if we want promotion, he's not a midfielder likely to contend with our current crop and he's not good enough at fullback)

TYLER GOODRHAM - Release

JAMIE HANSON - Release

JAMES HENRY - Release (Controversial but he's not getting any younger, position could change if he manages to continue to influence and keep fit for the majority of this season)

SLAVI SPASOV - Release

SAM WINNALL - Release
Release Tyler Goodrham how on earth do you make that decision now?

DAN AGYEI - New Contract

MICHAEL ELECHI - Release

TYLER GOODRHAM - Release

JAMIE HANSON - Release

SLAVI SPASOV - Release

SAM WINNALL - Release

There's a whole lot of crazy right there!!!

Yep, the James Henry one in particular along with Tyler Goodrham who looks a talent.
I'd also argue that Michael Elechi is still an unknown talent and we should wait to see how he progresses with more regular football. Slavi Spasov too. There's no rush with some of these kids until they hit 21+ and impact on squad limits if that's still a thing. We've got a really good youth structure and should do everything we can to guide these lads into the first team.

I'd also argue that Michael Elechi is still an unknown talent and we should wait to see how he progresses with more regular football. Slavi Spasov too. There's no rush with some of these kids until they hit 21+ and impact on squad limits if that's still a thing. We've got a really good youth structure and should do everything we can to guide these lads into the first team.

I don't think Spasov has comeback to the same level from his bad injuries a few years back sadly. Elechi is an unknown agreed.

And not just Goodrham but Henry also? And as much as I think Bodin will be good for us he hasn’t papered that many to make a decision on yet.
Purely based on age to be honest, I also do wonder sometimes whether having him in the middle means we lose physicality in the middle of the park. As I tried to insinuate though, my decision would be hinged on how he does this season (so far, so good). For me, he's not an automatic choice for a new contract.... YET

Purely based on age to be honest, I also do wonder sometimes whether having him in the middle means we lose physicality in the middle of the park. As I tried to insinuate though, my decision would be hinged on how he does this season (so far, so good). For me, he's not an automatic choice for a new contract.... YET
So far this season he had been what we know he can be and that alone is worth the consideration of a new contract although I believe he still has another year to go after this one

So far this season he had been what we know he can be and that alone is worth the consideration of a new contract although I believe he still has another year to go after this one
Providing his form doesn't dip (he tends to have periods of good form) for too long this season and he stays injury free, we are in agreement on giving him an extra year.

Providing his form doesn't dip (he tends to have periods of good form) for too long this season and he stays injury free, we are in agreement on giving him an extra year.
I think he has a year to go after this season then if so we can look then for an extra year

Very odd call to suggest Henry goes. Admittedly at the back end of his career but in the opening month of the season he’s been nominated for player of the month across the division. Not sure where the signs are that he’s declining? The comment around physicality is misguided too. Let’s put 3 battering rams in there and see how many chances we create. It’s all about balance!! He’s one of the most dangerous players at this level in the form he’s been in… Who cares if he skipped a few veggies growing up. If we let him go, a promotion rival picks him up instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom