Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like KJ back here, but 20 plus goals a season? I fancy him for 10-15 league goals but I would expect Browne, Brannagan, Goodrham and co to have their eye on double figures too. If we are to be successful we will need multiple sourses of goals plus a forward line who can shift and press hard as our first line of defence.

Correct. We are coming from a difficult place of a club who narrowly avoided relegation, a chairman who will be meeting them by video call, potentially homeless in 3 years.

It's not appealing bar waving a s**t load of cash at them (see Murphy, Wildschut etc) .

A team went up 4 leagues in 9 years without spending a fortune on wages whilst competing with those teams, Plymouth also just outperformed those teams. We on the other hand just what a load of money up the wall, it’s not how much you spend (obviously matters) but how well you spend it.

Unpopular opinion - but I genuinely believe Kyle Joseph is very much a potential 20 goal a season striker at this level, despite the apparent accepted consensus that he doesn't have it in him.

Not unpopulated!

Niche, minority or baffling maybe, but definitely not unpopular.

Luton have been doing well for years we would love to follow there path also Brentford we could be that model . New ground Oxford has got the following I am definitely hoping for a very good transfer market this time. Will we get alot done early ?

If Ryan Woods is let go by Hull then I would love to see him in a yellow shirt! A brilliant ball playing centre mid. Plays a more 1/4 back roll.

If Ryan Woods is let go by Hull then I would love to see him in a yellow shirt! A brilliant ball playing centre mid. Plays a more 1/4 back roll.

Another Championship player who’d be a top earner coming off the back of a poor season on a downward trajectory with no sell-on value.

Another Championship player who’d be a top earner coming off the back of a poor season on a downward trajectory with no sell-on value.
He is on less than what Brannagan gets paid. I would also say there is a fine line between getting in young, up and coming players with a good sell on value and getting ready made players that will come in and improve the squad from the off. Something Woods would do.

He is on less than what Brannagan gets paid. I would also say there is a fine line between getting in young, up and coming players with a good sell on value and getting ready made players that will come in and improve the squad from the off. Something Woods would do.
Surely we will need a good mixture of the two.

Surely we will need a good mixture of the two.
Completely agree but I would get a ready made player such as a Woods/Herbie type in centre mid. Bring in an up and coming CF, full backs, wingers but I feel the spine of the team should be experienced.
Don't forget we also have Negru who I think we will be seeing quite a lot of next season.

Lots of jinking runs but the majority of them had very little end product. Haven’t we had enough of all that?
We’re probably not going to sign a young winger with amazing end product at this stage. Not unless we are spending millions on one player.

We’ll (hopefully) be looking at potential to improve and maybe even if the data shows the players are creating dangerous opportunities but the strikers keep missing for example. This is where good scouting comes into it.

But on Corbeanu, He’s only 21 and played a fair amount of games at championship level. If he can get settled somewhere and play consistently, he could really show what he can do. Looking at the video, he’s clearly got ability. Enough for a championship team to take him on loan anyway.

Last edited:
We’re probably not going to sign a young winger with amazing end product at this stage. Not unless we are spending millions on one player.

We’ll be looking at potential to improve and maybe even if the data shows the players are creating dangerous opportunities but the strikers keep missing for example. This is where good scouting comes into it.

But on Corbeanu, He’s only 21 and played a fair amount of games at championship level. If he can get settled somewhere and play consistently, he could really show what he can do. Looking at the video, he’s clearly got ability. Enough for a championship team to take him on loan anyway.
Fair point. I’m always very wary of these 2min compilation videos. I’d take a front three of this guy and Joseph in the wide positions with maybe Sam Smith down the middle for next season I suppose 😁

We’ll be looking at potential to improve and maybe even if the data shows the players are creating dangerous opportunities but the strikers keep missing for example. This is where good scouting comes into it.

We’ve already got a quality winger with an end product. His name is Josh Murphy, and I’m hoping LM can extract that from him next season.

I saw that Birmingham have released quality right back Maxime Colin who’s been very consistent but one of their highest earning players.
Agree that these ex-Championship players like Ryan Woods will demand top Money still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom