Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt mind too much losing CB this year. He wasn't particularly good this past season, plus the transfer fee and freed up wages would be massively beneficial.
I wouldn't be too devastated losing him because wherever he went, it would be a huge opportunity for this career and we'd get a decent financial return and a saving on the wages. We did so well to keep him last year and his loyalty was remarkable but we blew it spectacularly in the league so retaining him was actually pointless and pricey, although he did make a decent contribution to help us stay up even though we secured his new signing on the basis that we were aiming for promotion and shouldn't have been in that position.

We could probably get 3 decent players out of him and he'd be able to develop further and experience a higher level of football - something he wont get here as he's gone as far as he can and could easily fit into a few teams in the league above. He would be a big miss but there's definitely players out there who could replace him.

I’d like to see us make a move for Theo Corbeanu, another who has worked under Manning before and still only 20. Can play anywhere across the front line.
Would be happy with that too, although he's now had 2 loans at League One level and his last loan at Championship Blackpool. Would expect them to try and continue his development in the Championship but he played his best football under Manning, could be a pull factor.

Would be happy with that too, although he's now had 2 loans at League One level and his last loan at Championship Blackpool. Would expect them to try and continue his development in the Championship but he played his best football under Manning, could be a pull factor.
I think he’s at a point where he might be moved on, not setting the world alight anywhere he goes. Feels like a case of a youngster that needs to find a settled home to develop to the next level.

I wouldn't be too devastated losing him because wherever he went, it would be a huge opportunity for this career and we'd get a decent financial return and a saving on the wages. We did so well to keep him last year and his loyalty was remarkable but we blew it spectacularly in the league so retaining him was actually pointless and pricey, although he did make a decent contribution to help us stay up even though we secured his new signing on the basis that we were aiming for promotion and shouldn't have been in that position.

We could probably get 3 decent players out of him and he'd be able to develop further and experience a higher level of football - something he wont get here as he's gone as far as he can and could easily fit into a few teams in the league above. He would be a big miss but there's definitely players out there who could replace him.
I like CB, of course I do! However, maybe it is a controversial view (maybe not), I don't think his ability is above a lower level championship player. I would be surprised if he went for anymore than the figures talked about last summer and to an upper championship club.

I’d like to see us make a move for Theo Corbeanu, another who has worked under Manning before and still only 20. Can play anywhere across the front line.
I’ve only seen him play a handful of times but he looks a very good player. Can’t see him going lower than the Championship though.

I’ve only seen him play a handful of times but he looks a very good player. Can’t see him going lower than the Championship though.
Maybe wishful thinking but doesn't look like he had the best of times at Blackpool.

Maybe wishful thinking but doesn't look like he had the best of times at Blackpool.
Pretty sure he’s had little impact in the German second tier or somewhere like that this season. Be very surprised if he wasn’t on our radar.

Shirts, I believe are a different issue ( although clubs all seemed to have a supply issue last season). I believe they should be sold well before the first game.
There is a lot to beat the club with, but I just don't get this rush for ST announcement.
I have had a very quick look and of the clubs 7 to 13 in L1 ( the ones in the play offs presumably none will announce anything until they know which division they will be in), and only 1 appears to have announced their ST prices ( Wycombe) and Charlton have half announced them)
Are people really desperate to pay for STs?
By all means complain about communication, player recruitment and a lot of other things.
But ST announcement 4 days after the end of the season?
The BG shirt sucked compared to the last couple seasons too tight and sticked to you. Being a big lad looks like a sausage shoved into a straw.

Mrs and I were at the Derby game at start of the season and we were laughing because everyone on the slightly bigger side all looked the same as me.

Singha one was the best for fitment and did not feel self conscious.. Hope they are not the same this season. I only wear this seasons around the house. It's long enough just clingy.

I take the biggest size so not much option. Being well built and 6.4 but for the size it should be lose on me. I am usually smaller size then offered on the store for normal tshirts.

Not a fan of the rubber badge or the feel of the plastic BG either feels cheap.

Anyway nothing to do with transfers just didn't like the shirt.. which now also reminds me of how crap we were this season. Any news on Baldock? Never seem to know the latest on him. Will he ever be fit.

He'd move now after moving back to the area?

I'd think the likes of Forest Green or MK Dons would be more likely than Wrexham especially as they have Mullin and Palmer on big contracts.
Not to be harsh on Taylor they are substantially better now that he has lost his pace.

A move for Brannagan this summer makes a lot of sense. The fee, the wages. We are where we are with a large rebuild to fund and he may be a necessary sacrifice. Not only that, the club’s hierarchy haven’t exactly convinced anyone we’re heading in the direction Cam wants the club to go in, so if we’re a bad run away from his head popping off, we may as well call it quits now and let him go. Last season’s Cam is not irreplaceable but just a shame that our demise has driven us to considering these types of moves. The club must come first over individuals now. No exceptions.

macauley Bonne would be decent at our level him plus another striker .

There was a lot of chatter about him in January - ended up going to Charlton, and only scored two in sixteen.

Honestly, his career stats now paint a picture of a guy who's only a mediocre striker at League One level. We should be aiming higher.....especially for our #1 striker (Bonne might be OK as a backup option).

A Charlton friend of mine reckons Bonne has been a huge disappointment. Robinson might have gone for him. Hopefully Manning will aim far higher than him

Agreed, I'd love us to construct a really solid, compact, well balanced squad for next season. I can only imagine proceeds from a CB sale would help with that.

I do hope you're not using compact as an euphemism for small, dear boy.

Better for us and Cam to cash in before he loses all his value, if we can. I reckon his agent duped the clown perfectly.

Just been reading about Plymouth who will have the lowest budget in the championship it will be up from the £6 million from this year but will be dwarfed by the average budget of £32 million in the championship Are we ever going to be a top 30 club I hope so then like you say I hope we are not looking at Bonne either 😜 😄

I like CB, of course I do! However, maybe it is a controversial view (maybe not), I don't think his ability is above a lower level championship player. I would be surprised if he went for anymore than the figures talked about last summer and to an upper championship club.
Oh definitely. He's a great player at this level but in terms of the Championship, he's probably middle standard where teams have several of their own Cameron Brannagan quality-type players already. I think he could easily handle that league but wont make any spectacular strides. Just fit in nicely to a team like Preston or Huddersfield for instance. Even with his contract extension from last year, I don't think his value would've gone up massively. If we get £1m for him now then that's probably decent business still but I wouldn't expect the additional two years to drive his price up all that much. Us not being promotion contenders either and sitting on an expensive wage bill could see teams come in at a lower price than what Blackpool were willing to pay last year.

If he stays then great but if he leaves then he will have our best wishes for his tremendous service over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom