Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt mind too much losing CB this year. He wasn't particularly good this past season, plus the transfer fee and freed up wages would be massively beneficial.
Agreed, I'd love us to construct a really solid, compact, well balanced squad for next season. I can only imagine proceeds from a CB sale would help with that. I imagine he's probably quite frustrated by this season knowing that he could easily be competing to get into a Championship side.

A decent sale could work for both parties.

I think he’s become “bigger than the club” in some ways, which I never like. Not a criticism of him at all. Just one of those things. He’s on too much money for a club like this to be stuck below where he wants to be in return. It’s not a healthy scenario.
Yeh his wage simply isn’t healthy for the club at all and will cost the club a lot in the future as other players use it as leverage. Can’t fault his loyalty and passion but I doubt it’s sustainable.

CB is 27…he’s on a very good wage here, but surely he’d like to play in the championship at some point?

He’s not far off coming down the other side of his prime - if he doesn’t move this summer, I suspect his chance will have passed.

If income from CB allows us to improve the spreadsheet and remove some of the silly 2 year contracts dished out last year, I could see the rationale.

I can't. We need to remember that CB is already on decent Championship wages and I'm not sure that Bristol City would want to pay him any where near what he's currently on, plus the transfer fee and everything else.
My mate in Blackpool says £150k could do it?

I heard Brannagan was off to the championship from someone who got it from a senior member of the coaching staff, it’s not exactly shocking that a player who can get a move to the championship wants to go after the season we have had. If we get a fee and him off our wage bill then I think we will be happy, we can bring in 3 good players to replace him with his wages. He is 27 and looked unhappy (understandably) last season.

The deal to keep him was because Robinson was to busy with his personal life to go around looking for a replacement, our entire transfer strategy last summer was dictated by that, he sweet talked the board into giving Brannagan a huge and unprecedented (for us) deal so that he could get back to trying to sort his life out, yet another example of how his lack of professionalism has cost us.

I can't. We need to remember that CB is already on decent Championship wages and I'm not sure that Bristol City would want to pay him any where near what he's currently on, plus the transfer fee and everything else.
Alex Scott money coming in soon.

If income from CB allows us to improve the spreadsheet and remove some of the silly 2 year contracts dished out last year, I could see the rationale.

The only point in our paying our contracted players off would be to free up squad places. Since we are already under numbers, there would be no point.

The "silly 2 year contracts" are unfortunately already committed - e.g. Wildschut will get those wages whether he goes or stays. We save nothing by paying him out. He might as well stay unless another team takes on his contract. If we sell Brannagan to Bristol City to pay off Murphy and Wildschut, all that happens is we end up 3 players down and no better off financially!

CB is 27…he’s on a very good wage here, but surely he’d like to play in the championship at some point?
Maybe he doesn't, it's certainly rare in football, but he's paid good money, got access to decent lakes for probably his biggest passion, clearly likes the club, why not stick around and be a big fish in a smaller pond.

I think CB will leave this summer, he probably has to at 27 or he will likely regret it. I think we had to go up this season for him to remain. I know he isn’t happy playing the deeper role that he has been, so would probably want assurances that he will play further up if he is to stay.

My mate in Blackpool says £150k could do it?
Very funny, that might buy his spare pair of boots! Or is that the latest offer Blackpool have just submitted?

Think you‘d need to add a zero minimum, plus throw a fishing lake into the deal.

I think RgYellows might just have been having a little joke there! ;)

If Brannagan and the club get a decent offer over the summer it will be a difficult decision. The truth is that (for our level) he is now very expensive and didn't have a brilliant season that might justify that spend. But on the other hand he is a well liked player with a lot of talent and obviously has an affinity with the club. Tricky for player and club.

I think RgYellows might just have been having a little joke there! ;)

If Brannagan and the club get a decent offer over the summer it will be a difficult decision. The truth is that (for our level) he is now very expensive and didn't have a brilliant season that might justify that spend. But on the other hand he is a well liked player with a lot of talent and obviously has an affinity with the club. Tricky for player and club.
We also rarely set up in a formation that made best use of him - perhaps Manning might be able to do that?

We also rarely set up in a formation that made best use of him - perhaps Manning might be able to do that?
Oh yes, I agree with that but I suspect the dilemma would remain the same for both play and club if they got a sensible offer.

Looking at Elliot Moore?
Was told they were looking at one of a defenders, and took it as Moore with his previous connections to Pearson.
But then it turned out to be Atkinson.
So wouldn’t be surprised with the sale of Scott likely, it wasn’t Brannagan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom