Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you prefer Marriott or Burey ?
They are quite different players.

Marriott: IMO is a similar player to Matty Taylor, although played more games at a higher level than Taylor and will be a couple of years younger than when Taylor signed for us. Basically, more of a poacher.

Burey: I can only comment on YouTube clips, but seems like a more physical direct forward with pace. Looks a bit similar to the way that Marcus Browne plays, I'm not sure if he's as skillful.

If I had the choice of only one, then for me, it would have to be Marriott. We've only got Harris and G'OD who are Centre Forwards, neither are proven at this level. (Although Harris looks very good so far!). Whereas, we already have similar forwards to Burey, Browne, pacy skillful, Mills, and hopefully Murphy. With support from Goodrham and Yanic.

I wouldn't be disappointed either way, but if a proven goalscorer like Marriott becomes available, you have to go for it IMO.

They are quite different players.

Marriott: IMO is a similar player to Matty Taylor, although played more games at a higher level than Taylor and will be a couple of years younger than when Taylor signed for us. Basically, more of a poacher.

Burey: I can only comment on YouTube clips, but seems like a more physical direct forward with pace. Looks a bit similar to the way that Marcus Browne plays, I'm not sure if he's as skillful.

If I had the choice of only one, then for me, it would have to be Marriott. We've only got Harris and G'OD who are Centre Forwards, neither are proven at this level. (Although Harris looks very good so far!). Whereas, we already have similar forwards to Burey, Browne, pacy skillful, Mills, and hopefully Murphy. With support from Goodrham and Yanic.

I wouldn't be disappointed either way, but if a proven goalscorer like Marriott becomes available, you have to go for it IMO.
That's a few times I've seen Goodrham mentioned as a "squad or backup" player. Believe me if Saturday was anything to go by the young man has continued to improve significantly. I would now think he is pushing to be a first choice wide attacking forward.

That's a few times I've seen Goodrham mentioned as a "squad or backup" player. Believe me if Saturday was anything to go by the young man has continued to improve significantly. I would now think he is pushing to be a first choice wide attacking forward.

I'd say based on the main friendlies, he'll be starting Saturday and rightly so with his performances.

In 172 appearances for Huddersfield, Wednesday and Bolton, he’s scored 6 goals. Sam Long has scored double that in less games and is a defender!

And doesn't do much assisting either. This screams 'panic signing' and just trying to get the numbers up at Cambridge (who look a great bet for relegation this season).

These quotes from Bonner too... 😬

"He is a player of excellent pedigree who has played a lot of football at a higher level"

"We have received nothing but positive character references in our work to sign Elias and once we get him up to speed, I have no doubt he will play a big role in helping us achieve our objectives this season"

"If we get him fit he'll be one of the best strikers at this level"

I may have made the last one up, but there's some serious alarm bells in there if you're a Cambridge fan.

We're signing Rodrigues and Mills while they're signing Kachunga and Kaikai. Worth bearing in mind - especially if you're inclined to believe that a point would be a good result this weekend.

"He is a player of excellent pedigree who has played a lot of football at a higher level"

"We have received nothing but positive character references in our work to sign Elias and once we get him up to speed, I have no doubt he will play a big role in helping us achieve our objectives this season"

….Karl?

And doesn't do much assisting either. This screams 'panic signing' and just trying to get the numbers up at Cambridge (who look a great bet for relegation this season).

These quotes from Bonner too... 😬

I may have made the last one up, but there's some serious alarm bells in there if you're a Cambridge fan.

We're signing Rodrigues and Mills while they're signing Kachunga and Kaikai. Worth bearing in mind - especially if you're inclined to believe that a point would be a good result this weekend.
Huge potential as a young player in the Bundesliga and BL2, and was an exciting prospect 10 years back. Not sure of what he's like now but potentially a great signing at this level (with a lot of ifs).

I do wonder when people are going to realise how good Goodrham is - hopefully not when he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom