Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that Manning might think he has Murphy, Browne, Goodrham and maybe Wildschut (if he doesn't go!) in the building so maybe he doesn't need any more wide players?

Certainly there is enough quality there but can LM get the best out of those players?

Does anyone else think that Manning might think he has Murphy, Browne, Goodrham and maybe Wildschut (if he doesn't go!) in the building so maybe he doesn't need any more wide players?

Certainly there is enough quality there but can LM get the best out of those players?
That is very true what Yanic and Murphy are gonna turn up you don’t know. Hope Murphycan perform. I’m not too bothered about Yanic. Browne always suspect to an injury. And you can’t rely on Goodrham to do it all I guess. I do think we should bring in another wide player imo

I imagine that Manning will be taking a slightly longer term approach to recruitment than just this window.

I think he knows that for now he’s stuck with some of them and so can’t easily justify spending money on another to his boss. Hence his comment on Marley Watkins currently being on trial:

“We currently carry quite big numbers so what it can’t be is at the expense of someone that we’ve got in.”

I think it’s pretty safe to say that he would like to replace one of them in particular.

I think he's obviously realistic in that it might be hard to move on some players he doesn't fancy. Two of those players seem quite risky to me. I trust Manning knows more than me though!

As an aside, is Goodrham's best position definitely wide? He looks like he could play CAM to me. Huge fan of his.

All I know, we have money coming from McNally when’s he’s sold. Manning had a good conversation with vk at Burnley, involving Scott twine coming to us on Loan. I would love to share information but I’ve had a certain “Scott twine” enquire about a property at my work. Information said one year rental needed.
Ah you’re an estate agent then, always a trustworthy profession

I think he knows that for now he’s stuck with some of them and so can’t easily justify spending money on another to his boss. Hence his comment on Marley Watkins currently being on trial:

“We currently carry quite big numbers so what it can’t be is at the expense of someone that we’ve got in.”

I think it’s pretty safe to say that he would like to replace one of them in particular.
Maybe that's why the previously mentioned "Wide Guys" we've been linked with have not happened. Yet ?
However we have just moved a couple on so something might just be happening ? I'm certainly thinking a LB must be on the cards now Seddon has been moved on.
Interesting comment that Harris made about other players we are trying to bring in. Would like to think that means we will be impressed by the next few signings.
Think we've had a good window so far and someone like Max Watters with a LB and a wide man could be quite exciting.

I read up abit on him and he is more of a second striker or can play on the wing. Surely we are after an out an out striker now who can play up top (like Matty Taylor was).
Think Manning prefers to play with Forwards who are all interchangeable across the entire front 3 or in behind the front 3, think he wants our forward line to be able to be fluid & rotatable on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom