Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to bring facts to the forum, but I first posted about Robinson needing to go after the Wycombe defeat at the beginning of October!

But to keep this relevant, if Gavin Whyte hadn't played for us before then no one would be talking about him. In his last spell with us he did get a number of assists, but he also missed an absolute bucket load of easy chances. I get that confidence played a part in that, but he wasn't the player that we had in his first spell.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he signed, but I think that there are better players around and better positions to be spending big wages
Robinsons use of whyte on loan, was awful.
And guess a frustration to the player.

Definitely don't want Haldane back
I would like us to sign Lewis Haldane and Craig Nelthorpe.
Not LH thanks as too injury prone!
Didn't he have 2 weeks in hospital and 2 months out injured after colliding with a fly while in training with Port Vale?

Luke Armstrong from Harrogate could be an interesting signing.

22 G/A's in League 2 last season in a poor Harrogate side, 17 G/A's the season before. Not the most mobile but powerful and was among the best in the league for aerial and ground duels won per 90'.

Re Burey, surely that should be seen as a good thing that he doesn't want L1 football and wants Championship football. This is more the mindset we need, rather than players who seem content to just float around the lower leagues on a comfortable salary. A young, hungry, ambitious striker is exactly the profile I'd want. The challenge we have is enticing him here for, hopefully, a season in L1. We need to think bigger, act bigger and not be reluctant to sign footballers with a bit of self assurance, bordering on arrogance.

Re Burey, surely that should be seen as a good thing that he doesn't want L1 football and wants Championship football. This is more the mindset we need, rather than players who seem content to just float around the lower leagues on a comfortable salary. A young, hungry, ambitious striker is exactly the profile I'd want. The challenge we have is enticing him here for, hopefully, a season in L1. We need to think bigger, act bigger and not be reluctant to sign footballers with a bit of self assurance, bordering on arrogance.

Before we all pile in on Burey there were no direct quotes from him anywhere saying that, just paper talk and twitter rumours which are rife this time of year.

Before we all pile in on Burey there were no direct quotes from him anywhere saying that, just paper talk and twitter rumours which are rife this time of year.

True but pretty much everything on here (including any connection with Burey) is exactly that - unsubstantiated rumours. Just as there's nothing from him in terms of a direct quote, there's absolutely nothing from us by way of direct quoting to suggest we are even interested in the player.

Definitely don't want Haldane back

Not LH thanks as too injury prone!
Didn't he have 2 weeks in hospital and 2 months out injured after colliding with a fly while in training with Port Vale?

You're getting confused, you're thinking of when Matty Taylor crashed into Liam Kelly in training a couple of years ago.

And......from the player's point of view, what is so wrong with a young man who played 23 league games in the Championship last season in a successful side wanting to stay at that level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom