Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Bazzer. It’s just facts. He’s not good enough. The lad Baxter Bolton just signed us twice the keeper Eastwood is. Yes he made some saves last season but he also made a total Horlicks of a few. We have to be aiming for better. Have him as first choice next season and we won’t be doing anything as the way we want to play will be affected by his lack of composure and confidence on the ball.
He made a few howlers yes his defence let him down on various occasions but he also made some top saves that got us points when we needed them. Couldn’t see Stevens or McGinty doing any better.
Anyway we will have a new keeper this coming season with Easty as back up.

Last edited:
Good point. Eastwood looks pretty well built - we should stick with him for now.
I don’t think build is always the sign of strength; let’s actually see him play before judging his abilities.
I'm not doubting his abilities for one second, from the clips i've seen, he looks a hugely talented keeper, so for that reason I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

But although he's 6ft 2in, he looks really slight of build, which might not effect his technical ability, but concerns me about how he'll cope when having to come for the ball from corners etc, and having to mix it with much bulkier players challenging him for the ball.

Time will tell I suppose....

What a cracking start Manning is making in the transfer market !
I now wonder if he has been given a bigger budget than the previous manager or he is more astute.
Must admit thought the guy was a bit lightweight when appointed and although I'm still not 100% sure, I await what team ,old and new faces,he assembles and of course results .
Nomatter , the next Three years will be the most exciting time for all of Oxfordshire and those who support OUFC reference the new Stadium !

I'm not doubting his abilities for one second, from the clips ive seen, he looks a hugely talented keeper, so for that reason I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

But although he's 6ft 2in, he looks really slight of build, which might not effect his technical ability, but concerns me about how he'll cope when having to come for the ball from corners etc, and having to mix it with much bulkier players challenging him for the ball.

Time will tell I suppose....
Pickford not exactly a man mountain or built still a top keeper.

See how it goes

What a cracking start Manning is making in the transfer market !
I now wonder if he has been given a bigger budget than the previous manager or he is more astute.
Must admit thought the guy was a bit lightweight when appointed and although I'm still not 100% sure, I await what team ,old and new faces,he assembles and of course results .
Nomatter , the next Three years will be the most exciting time for all of Oxfordshire and those who support OUFC reference the new Stadium !
Hope so a strong start to the season would be a change for the better that's for sure.

I’ll say what I want. I don’t think he’s good enough. Stats wise he was awful. Been a great servant for the club but shouldn’t be starting. Don’t need to chill out at all. It’s my opinion of his level & it’s not good enough for what we want or need. Not really a ludicrous claim when he was as poor as he was last season with a handful of decent saves mixed in.
Whatever, I'm bored now. Let's move on.

De Gea was very skinny and slight when he first arrived and looked all at sea in English football and that was after being a starter for A Madrid. He eventually grew into the role but it took a while. Hopefully this lad doesn't have the same trouble going adjusting to L1.

You don't have to chill out but can you accept that the team was awful last year?

Keepers tend to have better stats in better teams

For what it's worth I think he did a valiant job and if we'd have had a lesser keeper, we'd have gone down

His stats were awful the season before, too.

You want people to accept that the team was awful - but can't extend that to the Keeper? He was a big part of the awfulness.

If we'd have had a lesser Keeper we would have gone down, yes (hard to find one, mind). Equally if we'd had a better one we'd have finished mid-table.

Personally I'm not a fan of using the 'things could just about be worse' philosophy when trying to build a successful football team - but each to their own.

I'm on holiday, relaxing in the sun so didn't really want to get wound up by some of your warped rhetoric. However, your dismissal of someones very real and accurate description of the malaise of Nitrous Oxide abuse cannot go unmentioned. If you had ever dealt with the after effects of addiction then maybe, you would temper your posting. I spent most of an afternoon keeping tabs on a young woman who carried a bag of cannisters with her despite the fact that she was attending A&E for related injuries. I was working in my then role of liaison between the ambulance service and the hospital and, despite my normal duties, had to attempt to keep her from using as she was required to be sober for treatment. Her desperation and determination to use was overiding any sane thoughts she might have had.

I would recommend that you refrain from any more banal posting, anymore utter nonsense and wind it in!
As said, maybe the Mods are prepared to let things go, for the moment but, you are not the sort that will have longevity on this forum.
More importantly do they sell Lardy cake where you and Mrs Lounger are holidaying?

More importantly do they sell Lardy cake where you and Mrs Lounger are holidaying?
Somewhat surprised to find out that Astorga Lardy Cakes are Spanish cuisine! They put ground cinnamon in the mixture - not entirely sure I hold with this sort of thing!

2 strikers is a must but if we loan GO’D out, then we really need 3 (no excuses for square pegs in round holes).

Have there been any links at all? Or are we waiting till all other puzzle pieces are in place to allow a greater budget for the top end of the field?

I'm on holiday, relaxing in the sun so didn't really want to get wound up by some of your warped rhetoric. However, your dismissal of someones very real and accurate description of the malaise of Nitrous Oxide abuse cannot go unmentioned. If you had ever dealt with the after effects of addiction then maybe, you would temper your posting. I spent most of an afternoon keeping tabs on a young woman who carried a bag of cannisters with her despite the fact that she was attending A&E for related injuries. I was working in my then role of liaison between the ambulance service and the hospital and, despite my normal duties, had to attempt to keep her from using as she was required to be sober for treatment. Her desperation and determination to use was overiding any sane thoughts she might have had.

I would recommend that you refrain from any more banal posting, anymore utter nonsense and wind it in!
As said, maybe the Mods are prepared to let things go, for the moment but, you are not the sort that will have longevity on this forum.
I'm genuinely baffled as to how I'm the bad guy for not concerning myself with what strangers do?

Addiction to anything is awful and destructive, but there's no evidence Burey is addicted. If he was then that's a different conversation and he should get the help he needs. If he's just made a silly decision and taken it then I fail to see what that has to do with me, or how it impacts his abilities as a footballer?

That's all I meant. Not sure why it's been met with some frankly abusive responses.

2 strikers is a must but if we loan GO’D out, then we really need 3 (no excuses for square pegs in round holes).

Have there been any links at all? Or are we waiting till all other puzzle pieces are in place to allow a greater budget for the top end of the field?
Seen Mo Eisa mentioned but don't know if that is only because of the MK dons link and think he still has a year on contract.

Not too keen on the arsenal lad. See he wasn’t starting towards the end of the season in the conference. If he can’t make the first 11 at that level he will surely struggle in league 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom