Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought in the past that Moore has all the attributes we want/need but never always used them ie using his height to attack every first ball, tall so he can stretch and tackle, and can stride out with the ball if needed, ok he's not McNally but now he has players who want the ball maybe his distribution will improve.....

.....and at the end of last season I thought he started to do those things much better. I watched the Eastleigh p-s game and he and Thorniley were quite commanding and mostly assured, they as a pair will be fine and I'm sure Moore will prove to us all how good he is this season.

Is there any more info on marriot, is the deal still on ? At the right price think it’s a very good signing ! Cheers

I’m wondering if there is a player exchange (Murphy) on the cards plus cash, just a thought
Makes sense. Give us your prolific goal scorer that you’re desperate to keep and take a winger who played about 100 decent minutes last year who we wouldn’t mind losing.

The Elliott Moore discussion is one of the most peculiar in the last few weeks. He’s a very good quality L1 centre half. If we made him available for transfer tomorrow, a lot of the better teams in L1 would be interested. Is he Championship standard? Probably not, which is why he suffers in comparison to Nelson, Dickie, McNally etc. But for where we are today, he’s absolutely spot on. His improvement under LM was immediate, and was almost certainly because he was playing in a team that, after months of chaos, was actually told what to do and how to do it. He definitely will not be a weak link this season, so I don’t know why this debate continues tbh!

Interesting article on our pursuit of Mills, shows the lengths Manning has gone to to get his man.

Ridiculous. What’s LM playing at, with all this ‘attention to detail’ rubbish. In the good old days, KR would have called the agent, set up a deal, then called the player, promising’24/7 commitment’ etc.

Speaking of Dan agyei would be happy for him to come back. Was totally undermined by KR and never had a chance to impress
I liked him scored some good goals was never given a steady run in the team. When he left I thought we will pay for that. Hope I am wrong could have used him last season.

I’m wondering if there is a player exchange (Murphy) on the cards plus cash, just a thought
Hoping to see murphy play better this season but if we need a big wage off the books and nobody is going to take wildshut or baldock not many choices.

Apart from the 66 times he did play (39 in one season)?

Agyei was ok but nothing more, nothing less. If we want to go up the leagues we need better than Agyei.

It won’t happen anyway as he signed for Orient this summer.
Good points

Apart from the 66 times he did play (39 in one season)?

Agyei was ok but nothing more, nothing less. If we want to go up the leagues we need better than Agyei.

It won’t happen anyway as he signed for Orient this summer.
How many of those 66 or 39 were late sub appearances rather than starts? How many were in his preferred position of centre forward? How many times did he start as a centre forward and play badly for us?

We’ve moved on now but he was better than Taylor was in his final season for us. It will be interesting to see how he does this year…

Just to add to this conspiracy, Murphy isn’t available this afternoon. Still suffering from a knock but Manning says he should be available for the first game of the season.

Interesting article on our pursuit of Mills, shows the lengths Manning has gone to to get his man.

Thanks for that eye opening. Good to hear the staff are putting in so much effort to bring in quality players and give them the best chance to develop also helping oxford along the way.

Wait till they find out that he’s mainly going to be back up for Ty and only play in the pizza trophy.

Just to add to this conspiracy, Murphy isn’t available this afternoon. Still suffering from a knock but Manning says he should be available for the first game of the season.

It’s absolutely not happening

We’re just not going to be able to rely on Murphy’s fitness again this season we saw that last year with the amount of issues he had if we get 25 games out of him that’s an achievement, we need 4 reliable wingers imo with neither Murphy or Wildsh:tte (hopefully out the door come 1st September) being that, which leaves us Browne Mills & Goodrham as proper pacy wingers if we could add Burey as well then I’d be more than delighted with that (the last thing I want to see is Bodin & Henry playing out wide again like we did at the beginning of last season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom