Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baxter already turned down reading as he won’t play league 1 football
Not necessarily the most attractive proposition in L1 though, are they? Good agents will avoid offers like that until later in the window. He may have to go to L1 so he’d be foolish to close all doors.

I dare say his sights are set higher but then maybe so were Rodrigues’ at one point. We seem to have a renewed capability to pull off a coup or two. There was a lot of hype around Fiabema not all that long ago. Strike early and you just never know.

No story. He was just completely insane. He’s the only player I remember seeing get themselves sent off having already been substituted (Walsall away). His first game back after suspension (Charlton home), he got booked and then celebrated a goal by smashing the ball out of the stadium with a drop kick, which the ref let him off with for some reason, and then the game after that (Shrewsbury away) he got a straight red card.

Went back to Troyes after his loan ended and was immediately isolated by his parent club for unspecified “disciplinary reasons” and didn’t play a game for six months, before being shipped out to a team in the French third division.

At least he was a character.
Mad as a fish and you never really knew what he was going to do next. That Walsall game and his antics will live long in my memory.

Has anyone heard any murmurs of what other strikers we might be looking at? I’m sure there’s plenty and the recent acquisitions should have helped. Also I’m hoping the quick moves to get players isn’t to soften the blow of Brannagan leaving.

Two good experienced pro’s, and an exciting Ruben Rodrigues. It’s been a terrific start to the transfer window.

Lots of work still to do, but the early signs are very encouraging indeed.

Last edited:
Chelsea are releasing; Derrick Abu, Prince Adehoke, Nathan Baxter, Juan Castillo, Bryan Fiabema, Joe Haigh, Henry Lawrence, Sam McClelland, Silko Thomas, Ethan Wady and Jayden Wareham this month. Some decent players in there
Sam McClelland is worth looking at

Henry Lawrence could be one to keep an eye on. Was on loan at MK last season, 21yo right back.

Andreas sondergaard keeper who’s comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom