Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the Summer Transfer Thread famously get to 100 pages+ last year before we'd signed anyone? We're on 3 by page 30 already! Genuinely remarkable what a change-up this has been. Incredibly refreshing.

It was a lot higher than page 100.

Is there a story here I've missed? Thought he was quality tbf
No story. He was just completely insane. He’s the only player I remember seeing get themselves sent off having already been substituted (Walsall away). His first game back after suspension (Charlton home), he got booked and then celebrated a goal by smashing the ball out of the stadium with a drop kick, which the ref let him off with for some reason, and then the game after that (Shrewsbury away) he got a straight red card.

Went back to Troyes after his loan ended and was immediately isolated by his parent club for unspecified “disciplinary reasons” and didn’t play a game for six months, before being shipped out to a team in the French third division.

At least he was a character.

No story. He was just completely insane. He’s the only player I remember seeing get themselves sent off having already been substituted (Walsall away). His first game back after suspension (Charlton home), he got booked and then celebrated a goal by smashing the ball out of the stadium with a drop kick, which the ref let him off with for some reason, and then the game after that (Shrewsbury away) he got a straight red card.

Went back to Troyes after his loan ended and was immediately isolated by his parent club for unspecified “disciplinary reasons” and didn’t play a game for six months, before being shipped out to a team in the French third division.

But he was a great short passer! He hardly ever gave the ball away. Maybe we just saw a little purple patch and he wasn't always that good.

Chelsea are releasing; Derrick Abu, Prince Adehoke, Nathan Baxter, Juan Castillo, Bryan Fiabema, Joe Haigh, Henry Lawrence, Sam McClelland, Silko Thomas, Ethan Wady and Jayden Wareham this month. Some decent players in there
Baxter is a very decent keeper. Could be worth looking at. That Fiabema is an explosive one as well, could be worth inviting those two in.

Interesting that LM appears to be targeting players he has worked with before (if it's true he's after Cumming as well). I could be wrong, but I don't think KR brought in a single player he had worked with before. Apart from Sam Baldock, who presumably signed as he had no other options . Probably tells you a lot about how KR was viewed by players.
Robinson probably couldn’t bring players in he’d worked with, because they didn’t want to work with a blathering, blithering scouce t**t.

He was actually very good. A Charlton ST holder friend of mine said he was rather 'temperamental', but an excellent player.

Yes but other than Kashi, Fosu, Carruthers, Browne Whyte, Holland...
What did the Roman's ever do for us....
Haha! I might have missed a few then. I just assumed that no-one who ever worked for him once would ever want to repeat the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom