Summer 2020 Cricket Thread

Akinfenwa`s got a summer job then? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Cornwall can at least move two steps to bowl. I wouldn’t trust Akinfenwa to do that.

Pope up a place is great. He’s too Test-like to be batting down at six which I think is a role for a Matt Prior, Joe Buttler style counter puncher. He can slowly build an innings like he has today.

That said, it may not be a tactic I’d deploy every time. The batting looks light and England have slightly dodged a bullet with the Windies being awful in this session. A bit of pressure from them and they could have been looking at a sub-200 score and six down. In the context of the series though and playing on a ground which has seen four full days of cricket on it only a few days ago, throwing in some fresh bowling options might be a very good idea indeed.

decentish first day for England ... bad light stopped play with Pope on 91 not out, Buttler 54 not out - 258-4

I’d say 258-4 is a very decent score, if we can put another 100-150 on we’re laughing, and the two in should be able to do at least half of that no problems

Well this hasn't started to plan, 3 quick wickets. 272-7. Ball doing loads for the WI bowlers.

From starting the day in a relatively strong position, half an hour in and we've lost 3 wickets for 14 runs inlcuding both batsmen that were well set. Just wouldn't be an English cricket summer without it, eh?!

Revitalised Gabriel using a newish ball. They’ve got through those who could defend it and destroyed those who are less capable.

What’s happened to Woakes with the bat? He was looking like he was developing into an all rounder and now looks like Chris Martin out in the middle. Jofra Archer is a number 10 at best. Swings like a rusty gate at times.

s**t! 280-8 now ... heres hoping Bess & Broad can put on at least another 20 runs, 300 + would be respectable-ish

Some classic 'see ball, hit ball' from Broady has wrestled the momentum back our way and he's just made the joint 3rd fastest 50 by an Englishman in tests. Now 343-8.

369 all out - not a bad first innings total - decent 62 from Broad, and 11 from Anderson ( dismissed rather Gower like I thought) helped the cause - get 2 or 3 early wickets this afternoon England, and get in the drivingseat , c'mon England

Back
Top Bottom