General Stadium Disrepair

Few drainage issues outside of the bowlplex/F&B too!

I kind of liked it, had a pint in Frankie and Bennys pre game and if you looked outside the window it looked like you were at the seaside, nice of Mr Kassam to let the place get so run down that we now have a scenic water feature.

The whole site will be left to rot over the next few years as he will want it all sold off for housing as soon as possible.

Extremely slippery steps when leaving the SSU (Block 9 end) this evening.

An accident waiting to happen for one of the more senior supporters, I expect.

Probably some sort of algae mixed with the rainwater made it slipper than if it was just wet. The exposed concrete floors need a good jet wash. Doubtful that'll ever happen.

Was the east stand leaking into the concourse last night?

The exposed concrete floors need a good jet wash. Doubtful that'll ever happen.
The East Stand was awash, top to bottom; the seats, the steps - even the concrete wall at the rear were all wet. We thought it was the rain being blown in, although I've never known it get right to the back. We then noticed the walls on the South stand also looked wet and that the stains where someone knocked over a cup of hot chocolate next to our seats last season were gone. We began to think that someone had been round with a pressure hose and washed everything down. "Typical Kassam. Been told he has to do more to clean the stands, so he drenches everything just before a match" was the conclusion (but it was probably just the weather).

I've never known the back of the east stand to be as wet as it was last night yea I know it was raining but it was actually dangerous if someone had slipped they would have seriously hurt themselves

I'm sorry I didn't report it but I didn't put any pictures on X either 😀

North stand toilet floors very wet as were all the steps in my area of the North Stand, I took great care it was all very slippery. It's a dump.

This is a video I took in March 2017 whilst setting up a display, this was a regular occurrence following moderate rainfall before a match day. The East Stand leaks like a sieve and I would be astonished if they've made any repairs to this in the 7 years since. If it's now dropping into the concourse, this is probably why...

The SSL concourse was very dangerous last night as someone who uses a walking stick it was very tricky getting about.
Also does anyone know why they cone the back exit off to the east car park.
It has always been open in the past and having both exits open clears the car park much quicker.

Probably some sort of algae mixed with the rainwater made it slipper than if it was just wet. The exposed concrete floors need a good jet wash. Doubtful that'll ever happen.

Was the east stand leaking into the concourse last night?

Their was a waste bin put under a leak in the concourse on the right hand side, place is falling apart after less than 25 years.

Back
Top Bottom