General Stadium Disrepair

You haven't presented facts.

The facts are;

The SLO and his team had seen and recorded all of the issues prior to and during the game. I know because I was talking to him about it for 20 minutes on Saturday and adding my concerns to his list.

Further issues were raised through social media and from those contacting the dan representative groups directly. Consequently, a meeting was held on Monday between SLO, OxVox and OUSP to discuss further and to urgently take forward with Stadco and other relevant bodies.

My mum used to say "you have two ears and one mouth, that means you should listen twice as much as you talk!"

As for Maslow, the needs of all to be able to come to a safe, decent and secure environment are very clearly important, they are recognised and they are being addressed with those responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the stadium.
So why was the pigeon crap not cleaned up before the start of the season?

The SLO and his team had seen and recorded all of the issues prior to and during the game. I know because I was talking to him about it for 20 minutes on Saturday and adding my concerns to his list.
Quite the claim. Our SLO did a stadium walk through, inspection and check, then noted that rows of seats and aisles were layered in hazardous faeces but decided against warning the fans who sit in these seats or preventing further ticket sales in these areas?

They didn't offer the fans sat amongst tons of poo the chance to move elsewhere in the stadium free of charge?

That is the absolute bare minimum an SLO should be doing in that scenario. As others have said, simply noting it and emailing Stadco and claiming "nothing more we can do" is a cop out in my opinion.

If the fans there were warned and offered alternative seats then fair enough, but the fact they were tweeting the photos and complaining on arrival suggests that wasn't the case.

Quite the claim. Our SLO did a stadium walk through, inspection and check, then noted that rows of seats and aisles were layered in hazardous faeces but decided against warning the fans who sit in these seats or preventing further ticket sales in these areas?

They didn't offer the fans sat amongst tons of poo the chance to move elsewhere in the stadium free of charge?

That is the absolute bare minimum an SLO should be doing in that scenario. As others have said, simply noting it and emailing Stadco and claiming "nothing more we can do" is a cop out in my opinion.

If the fans there were warned and offered alternative seats then fair enough, but the fact they were tweeting the photos and complaining on arrival suggests that wasn't the case.
But then we'll need a different colour dot from seats not sold but not for sale so as not to confuse the dot counters. 😁🕊️

I believe that the SLO did do a walk round but I do wonder when he did this walk round?
Surely it should have been done at least a week before, the cleaners come into the stadium to do the clean on Wednesday/Thursday and it is checked Friday by the SLO so that anything that needs correcting is done before the game Saturday?

It is a lazy cleaning job from Stadco but it is also lazy from the SLO for not ensuring things are done in time.

For the first time in many seasons my seat was clear of flying rat poo, pure luck no doubt.

Whilst it may be Stadco's responsibility, the club also have a responsibility to their paying customers so brushing it off as it's the landlords fault doesn't fly (pun intended).

It's unfortunate for the club but sadly that is where we are and they should have been pro-active knowing this happens every year.

Let’s hope the council have been made aware of this, can they fine the landlord for this sort of thing?
I’d imagine it would be a case of it coming down to both Stadco and the club. Stadco for providing a service and the club for reporting it in a timely fashion. Something that I doubt the club did. Happy to be corrected on this though @OUSP Secretary.

I had a OUFC mate message me about the stadium and he is a pest controller. This is what he says: ‘it is a health hazard and should be reported to the health & safety people not the council. Muck should be cleared by pest control and biocide applied afterwards. We do a lot of that for Ox uni on the roofs where plant rooms are as any engineers can't touch them unless the professional biocide clean is done.’
It should be reported to health & safety who will come down on Kassam and he will have to ensure it is cleared by proper people. It can’t just be wiped off by your generic cleaner and the right chemicals must be used.

Any work also has to be signed off at a hazardous waste unit.

Unfortunately the club aren't faultless here. I emailed them at the start of the season two or three years ago notifying them of the abysmal state of the uncleaned toilets on the first game of a season thinking i was helping them with something to go at firoka with . I was given a patronising response , Basically calling me a liar and saying i must have been somewhat mistaken in what i saw !! This by someone fairly high up .
Since that day , never bothered giving them any feedback .

Back
Top Bottom