General Stadium Catering

Good question! Not covered in any articles I can see.

I will never find out because I refuse to use self-service tills, self-service in banks and self-service petrol pumps.

Stopped at some services and M&S only had self-service tills with a member of staff standing by them.

Gave them something to do putting my shopping back. :)
You want to get a butler mate. They'll do that s**t for you.

I will never find out because I refuse to use self-service tills, self-service in banks and self-service petrol pumps.

Stopped at some services and M&S only had self-service tills with a member of staff standing by them.

It's been several years since I've seen a petrol station where the attendant comes out and fills the car up for you. Or does the butler do it for you?

It's been several years since I've seen a petrol station where the attendant comes out and fills the car up for you. Or does the butler do it for you?
Last one around here that I can remember was at Nuneham Courtenay where they had a dummy in wet weather gear that waved at you out front!

How does that work, does one person enter the kiosk at a time?
Depends on the tech. There are bricks and mortar Amazon supermarkets with similar tech and they can track many (hundreds I think) people at once. It generally visually scans you on entrance, then AI follows the various camera feeds around the "store" and sees what you pick up, and from where and adds it to your "cart". It then sees when you leave and charges you for what it thinks you have.
This will likely be a sponsored tech trial to push the limits of the tech. For example it will be interesting to see how it tracks lots of people wearing the same clothing (a LCFC shirt). Will also be interesting to see how it handles a family for example - parent scanning payment card but kid picking up the snacks.

That was the start you see. :rolleyes:

Back in the good old days, you had a chap who would dispense the 4 star into the tank and, if necessary, add a dash of Redex as a "Thank you".

That was the start you see. :rolleyes:

Back in the good old days, you had a chap who would dispense the 4 star into the tank and, if necessary, add a dash of Redex as a "Thank you".
So does your local farmer just fill your gas guzzler with a bit of red diesel instead now?

Am I right in thinking Farrs catering is based in swind*n??

Depends on the tech. There are bricks and mortar Amazon supermarkets with similar tech and they can track many (hundreds I think) people at once. It generally visually scans you on entrance, then AI follows the various camera feeds around the "store" and sees what you pick up, and from where and adds it to your "cart". It then sees when you leave and charges you for what it thinks you have.
This will likely be a sponsored tech trial to push the limits of the tech. For example it will be interesting to see how it tracks lots of people wearing the same clothing (a LCFC shirt). Will also be interesting to see how it handles a family for example - parent scanning payment card but kid picking up the snacks.
In use here in the Netherlands. Get used to it, it's the future. If it works then no more shoplifting! How am I going to eat now?

Wait, so you wanted food, needed food, collected everything that you wanted, went to pay and then because they only had self service tills you dumped everything there and walked out?

Why?!

Last one around here that I can remember was at Nuneham Courtenay where they had a dummy in wet weather gear that waved at you out front!
That garage closed years ago it's now a small housing estate.

What happened to the outside catering van today?
Wasn't the normal one and the food wasn't as nice.

What happened to the outside catering van today?
Wasn't the normal one and the food wasn't as nice.
Farr's are on holiday and the other company are covering for them. Farr's covered for their holiday for the Palace match apparently.
I agree, food was awful, and more expensive.

Wait, so you wanted food, needed food, collected everything that you wanted, went to pay and then because they only had self service tills you dumped everything there and walked out?

Why?!

Wanted yes, needed? Well ......... not enough to do something their staff should be doing.
They were stood watching folk using the self service.

By way of another "improvement" I had a cheque (remember them?) to pay in today.
Went into the bank to find the few remaining teller positions cordoned off.
Member of staff said - "It`s self service only on Saturday".

"See you Monday" I said cheerily.... :rolleyes:

Don't you pay cheques in using the banking app on your phone, saves driving that gas guzzler. Greta would approve...

Back
Top Bottom