General Simon Eastwood wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably won't find out what those promises were that made Easty sign a new contract, but it's hardly rocket science to come to the realisation that what has prevailed in the past season wouldn't have convinced anyone to stay if they had thoughts of playing at a higher level.

So, this could either mean a) the promises were broken/not fulfilled, in which he would justifiably want to move, or b) the promises that were made were over a longer timespan than a season. I think it's more likely the former. Unless we see action from the board to implement their plans and solid play-off-chasing signings, then we could lose him this window, but more certainly next summer.

I wouldn't be too bothered either. I've got a feeling this season will be his last as our No 1. Not saying he'll leave, but we will need better.

He was great when he re-signed for us, but recently he's been making a few mistakes, especially at fumbling with corners which often lead to goals.

I don't think that's fair. We've had some really good keepers over the years - Jim Barron, Roy Burton, Phil Whitehead , Ryan Clarke. And Easty is nearly at their level, certainly well good enough for L1 and, hopefully, the Championship.

Simon Eatswoods wife is moving back to the north.
He's also actively looking for a new club in the north.

Simon Eatswoods wife is moving back to the north.
He's also actively looking for a new club in the north.

1. He is under contract and would have to speak to the club/Robinson first if he wanted a move. If he talks to a club without OUFC's permission then he is in breach of his contract.
2. Any club that he moves to would have to pay his release clause which is in his contract. The club won't be letting him go for less.

I can't blame him if he does want to move back up north though. He has been a great player for us over the years. I also think that we have an excellent keeper already in our squad with Jack Stevens. There are also some excellent keepers out there.

1. He is under contract and would have to speak to the club/Robinson first if he wanted a move. If he talks to a club without OUFC's permission then he is in breach of his contract.
2. Any club that he moves to would have to pay his release clause which is in his contract. The club won't be letting him go for less.

I can't blame him if he does want to move back up north though. He has been a great player for us over the years. I also think that we have an excellent keeper already in our squad with Jack Stevens. There are also some excellent keepers out there.

If he were to leave I'd happily see Luke Southwood join the club or Aaron Ramsdale (I be surprised on us getting him though).

As good as Simon is, he is unlikely to walk into Championship sides as first choice keeper and many league one sides would be unlikely to meet his buy out or offer a significantly better chance of success.

Also, his missus could move to Yorkshire (?) and he'd be just as close here as he would be in Sunderland for example. So just because she's moving away for work, doesn't mean that he will also move, especially if it's a backward step for his career.

As good as Simon is, he is unlikely to walk into Championship sides as first choice keeper and many league one sides would be unlikely to meet his buy out or offer a significantly better chance of success.

Also, his missus could move to Yorkshire (?) and he'd be just as close here as he would be in Sunderland for example. So just because she's moving away for work, doesn't mean that he will also move, especially if it's a backward step for his career.
Can I just say that she seems a most attractive and accomplished lady! And I get the impression he’s a great bloke too

I love how a new member ( My Manor ) comes out
with the news that Easty’s Good lady is moving back up north and that easty is actively seeking a club up north........yeah right

with the news that Easty’s Good lady is moving back up north and that easty is actively seeking a club up north........yeah right

It’s amazing how many ITK new members we suddenly have on this forum. Amazingly they only ever appear during the summer and for 1 month at the start of the year.

I don't think that's fair. We've had some really good keepers over the years - Jim Barron, Roy Burton, Phil Whitehead , Ryan Clarke. And Easty is nearly at their level, certainly well good enough for L1 and, hopefully, the Championship.

It surprises me when the topic of our best keepers crops up that we seem to miss out Hardwick and Judge from probably our best ever sides. Neither were flamboyant but both very solid, reliable and kept mistakes to the minimum.

Bazzer, there's a little bit under everybody's avatar that says when they joined. You joined on 6 Dec 2017. My Manor joined on 14 Dec 2017. A whole week after you, which hardly makes him "new"!!!!

Also, I know him in "real life" and he's not a fella prone to making s**t up. Having said that, I hope he's wrong in this instance, but think he may not be.

Bazzer, there's a little bit under everybody's avatar that says when they joined. You joined on 6 Dec 2017. My Manor joined on 14 Dec 2017. A whole week after you, which hardly makes him "new"!!!!

Also, I know him in "real life" and he's not a fella prone to making s**t up. Having said that, I hope he's wrong in this instance, but think he may not be.
So he’s their Gardner, but then again I saw Steve McLaren at Oxford rail station with his wife and their Kitchen sink maybe they’re moving here because of Mr McLarens trade is football them again they maybe returning their kitchen sink to Magnet and Southern, make of that what you will?

So he’s their Gardner, but then again I saw Steve McLaren at Oxford rail station with his wife and their Kitchen sink maybe they’re moving here because of Mr McLarens trade is football them again they maybe returning their kitchen sink to Magnet and Southern, make of that what you will?

You been drinking Bazzer?

Thanks for that Colin, Hopefully catch up with you in Glasgow.
I can't confirm(yet) on here how I know this, but I have absolutely no doubt it's true.

By the way Bazzer, I was the new member who announced on this forum that Ryan Clarke was leaving. You've also responded to posts of mine over the years(RIP Ian Radwell being one of them).
As a member of this forum you don't have to be a prolific poster.

I sincerely hope you get the striker you've always dreamed about this season!!!!

probably a coincidence, he used to do goalkeeper training course at Brackley on a Thursday for kids.
Which he cancelled and said he won’t be returning back.

You been drinking Bazzer?
No Colin I haven’t but the fact some ITK say they know that Mrs Eastwood is moving back up north and Mr Eastwood is looking for a club up north and I was wondering were they drinking Scrumpy

No Colin I haven’t but the fact some ITK say they know that Mrs Eastwood is moving back up north and Mr Eastwood is looking for a club up north and I was wondering were they drinking Scrumpy
There are a lot of independent rumours and things suggesting that this is quite likely.
Having said that there is a buy out clause and if Eastwood is looking for a club up North, I'm not sure how easy that will be?
I assume that he will be close to a deal. If not it gives oufc a real headache

It would suck to lose Easty but good luck to him if he can get a move north. He’s been great for us and we managed to keep him and Nelson for a year longer than we probably thought we would. I just hope that if he does want a move then it gets done ASAP so we can move on with replacing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom