General Ledson &Eastwood next?

And that sort of sums (ha) up where we have got to as a club. People are more interested in quibbling over niceties of different English usages instead of debating real issues.

I read the notes from the latest farce of a supporters trust meeting whilst in hospital during latest cancer tests and treatment (apparently londonroader thinks that I should have discharged myself to come along to the 'meeting', which is not untypical of his 'sensitive' nature). Reading the notes, I finally realised that - right now - we as a fanbase do not deserve a successful club. This proud group, who kept the club afloat on numerous occasions and showed such huge passion over decades of struggle, have just lost the will to live. Now it's just a matter of keeping noses clean, avoiding difficult topics and trying to gloss over obvious major issues.
On an emotional level, I can entirely understand the Ultras packing their bags. For those who want to strain with every sinew to help OUFC achieve something, these are depressing days.

Are the fans getting the club/team they deserve OR the club getting the fans they deserve?

Where fibs will be told, and people who know very well that they are fibs will then nod and smile and write them up as unchallenged fact.

I hope they check that the room it's being held in will have a plentiful supply of mirrors, and a well-oiled smoke machine.
Smoke may well be down to me indulging a few ciggies outside the building before n after the fans forum....sorry about that ,in advance ;)

And that sort of sums (ha) up where we have got to as a club. People are more interested in quibbling over niceties of different English usages instead of debating real issues.

I read the notes from the latest farce of a supporters trust meeting whilst in hospital during latest cancer tests and treatment (apparently londonroader thinks that I should have discharged myself to come along to the 'meeting', which is not untypical of his 'sensitive' nature). Reading the notes, I finally realised that - right now - we as a fanbase do not deserve a successful club. This proud group, who kept the club afloat on numerous occasions and showed such huge passion over decades of struggle, have just lost the will to live. Now it's just a matter of keeping noses clean, avoiding difficult topics and trying to gloss over obvious major issues.
On an emodtional level, I can entirely understand the Ultras packing their bags. For those who want to strain with every sinew to help OUFC achieve something, these are depressing days.
I kind of hoped it was a typo...seems not?....personally I don't like the creeping Americanisation of English ..... regading the situation behind the scenes at OUFC , and the silence on issues we all would like to know about, to misquote a world renowned English playwright , something smells rotten in Denmark!......for the good of Oxford United the sooner some genuine and honest information is issued by the club, the better I say

Are the fans getting the club/team they deserve OR the club getting the fans they deserve?
Well, both really at the moment. But I’d like to think that ALL fans stick with the TEAM through the bad times as well as the good. Why, for instance, pack your bags (and flags) and leave when everything isn’t going smoothly? Or decide to go to Wembley and not Wigan? Is that being a “fan”? Really? Thank goodness for the 500 or so I see regularly at away matches - for those we met at Port Vale, at Oldham and at Walsall. And who turn up at Grenoble Road even when we’re NOT doing well. Just when the team most need us.

On an emotional level, I can entirely understand the Ultras packing their bags. For those who want to strain with every sinew to help OUFC achieve something, these are depressing days.
Who’s this? It can’t be our chaz under a different user name.
Did I say anything of the sort ? as per usual you try and put words into people’s mouths.
As for my sensitive nature, well I’m sure you be the same or not ! But when people abuse you on a public forum and then try to be nice to your face I thought what was said was very restrained.
So are you coming along to the fans forum as the guardian of the club and put all those wicked people to the sword.

Yes we get you have a disposition and I genuinely hope everything goes well for you, but remembering cancer affects numerous people and they have to deal with the consequences daily.

There were also some very positive points raised at the meeting, I’m surprised seeing nearly all of them were on myles list of things wrong at the club we may have heard how good it is they are being addressed.

Md appointed, who actively working to improve communication, atmosphere and attendances.

A new head of academy, knows his stuff and comes with a pretty impressive cv and knowledge of what’s needed.

Actively working to a final solution on the training ground, both from a first team and academy aspect.

Someone now fulfilling the slo role.

Where is myles by the way? U got him on gardening leave, or has he “mellowed” somewhat on the new forum

There were also some very positive points raised at the meeting, I’m surprised seeing nearly all of them were on myles list of things wrong at the club we may have heard how good it is they are being addressed.

Md appointed, who actively working to improve communication, atmosphere and attendances.

A new head of academy, knows his stuff and comes with a pretty impressive cv and knowledge of what’s needed.

Actively working to a final solution on the training ground, both from a first team and academy aspect.

Where is myles by the way? U got him on gardening leave, or has he “mellowed” somewhat on the new forum

He's about to get married, bless him.

He's about to get married, bless him.

Thai the knot u mean [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom