Current Player #13 Simon Eastwood

I'm hoping this is the first in a number of contract renewals for players who's contracting are expiring at the end of the season. Need to get some of them signed up before its too late, e.g. McGuane.

A really good number two.

McGinty out on loan next to the Conference or a Scotland to get games (and come back in an emergency) and develop for the future.

How much of an extension is this - I thought that he already had a deal until the end of 2025.

He's an excellent #2 and great to have experienced and willing backup. McGinty absolutely needs a loan to be playing, he hasn't played a lot but also was a bit shaky when he did play, so I wouldn't be overly happy with him as #2 until he's got some proper L2/National League experience under his belt.

I feel very bad for McGinty. Signed here from a situation where he was playing regularly and improving game after game to... be totally ignored.
He’s obviously not been cutting it in training, otherwise he wouldn’t have been ignored.

I certainly haven’t been convinced by what I’ve seen of him

Eastwoods furniture must be crap. There’s no way he would’ve signed a new deal if he’d managed to sell it all..

Can only assume something akin to the Henry situation from last Summer - effectively being offered an extended deal for a reduced wage (albeit Henry's change was triggered by the contract for Brannagan).

I think you'll find that Henry's wage rose as a result of the Brannagan contract.

Sensible move from the club, will likely never be our number 1 but finding a number 2 that’s not likely to cause any issues behind the scenes is hard to find I should imagine, not to mention that he’s still a capable enough keeper at this level to fill in should it be needed

Great player for the club.
The thinking must be to give McGinty a full loan to see if he imporves, or sell at the end of the season.
He is shaky and miles away from Beadle, who we are setting our standards fora first choice keeper.

I'm really worried about Easty playing in goal for the next few weeks.

Do we need an emergency loan?

Back
Top Bottom