General Ledson &Eastwood next?

Agree that either one or both will be sold, and Clotet said he couldn't work under these condition, but doubt he would have been sacked, due to massive compensation. DE would have either let him walk for free, or by "mutual consent" with minimal compensation, and this would have been made clear in the statement.
I was a strong defender of DE in previous years, but it is apparent now that he is asset stripping at the moment, and any manager would have their hands tied........
I am praying that we stay up.
Bit confused by this post, Pep got sacked, DE has to pay compo, how does that make DE asset stripping?
Have we not just brought in 3 players that you would think didn't come cheap.

Bit confused by this post, Pep got sacked, DE has to pay compo, how does that make DE asset stripping?
Have we not just brought in 3 players that you would think didn't come cheap.

TBF those three that have been brought in are probably only a small chunk in the Money DE has made in the money gained from our transfers and the compo for MAPP

TBF those three that have been brought in are probably only a small chunk in the Money DE has made in the money gained from our transfers and the compo for MAPP

And some of that money will have gone towards wages, covering previous losses and paying for Pekalski and GVK's Loan fee.

Also, (not aimed at you Bazzer) for somebody asset stripping making offers for players of £500k (Moore), and a serious bid for the chap from Viking Stavanger considering they flew out to try to persuade him, then that seems strange behaviour.

And some of that money will have gone towards wages, covering previous losses and paying for Pekalski and GVK's Loan fee.

Also, (not aimed at you Bazzer) for somebody asset stripping making offers for players of £500k (Moore), and a serious bid for the chap from Viking Stavanger considering they flew out to try to persuade him, then that seems strange behaviour.
If the Viking player is the player you think they went to watch on the scouting mission then it wasn't. They actually flew out to spain to watch a player.

Apparently it's all Eales fault when it goes wrong but because performances and results were unacceptable and the manager/coach is shown the door the decision was made by a n other
Don't forget that Eales paid Pep in hot dogs and keeps the wages for himself. Pep should have read the small print

Your not being fair!
What “chunk of money are you talking about”?
If you mean recent sales etc then that gets paid in instalments. That figure will add upon the region of £4million over time, the club (DE) has been losing over £1.5million every year and he’s been her 3 years, so just on those figures he’s considerably down not to mention the buying of the club.
If anyone has any doubt wait until the accounts come out and that will put any fears of asset stripping to bed.

If the Viking player is the player you think they went to watch on the scouting mission then it wasn't. They actually flew out to spain to watch a player.

Not according to RadOx on Saturday they didn’t

Yes that was a generous offer for Moore we know about him but not much about the guy from
Stavanger

Update on Ledson (kind of...)
Asked an OUFC director today if we will get Ledson, "yes, if the money is right we're prepared to let him go, he's a good player who's strong in the tackle but if we get what we value him at, he'll go"
He then mentioned about sacking the manager, but when asked this will have no bearing on the potential deal...

Haha, that's cool.

I'm a designer for a fashion supplier (based in Manchester but has a south office in Aylesbury), the said Director owns this company I work for. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me sharing the info anyway, as didn't give away an awful lot. I didn't ask too much either!
He visited our Manchester office today for meetings, so I quizzed him on Ledson.

Both of those were posted on North Ends forum. Not sure how reliable but it seems quite reliable. Also, my dad works with Fazackerley's brother in law and is going to try and get inside information if possible.

Well my mums aunty, brought a dog off this woman.

it was only cheap and he smelled a lot so they took him to one of those professional dog groomers. who used to believe it or not work as a grey hound trainer.

anyway while she was trimming the dog another customer came in, wearing a rain coat, which was strange cos it was quite sunny at the time.

and to cut a long story short, he said u were an idiot and should P**s off back to the Preston forum

Strange, and coincidental, how these big money bids never actually result in a big money transfer.

Apparently, Dickie and Brannegan cost 70k between them. Nothing wrong with that. Could be great business. But let not the smoke and mirrors obscure the reality that a thumping amount of cash was made last summer. 1.2 million Roofe and O'Dowda completion; 800k Lundstram; 320k Appleton; first 1.5 million of Marvin. Equals 4 million, bar the shouting. After a season in which we made a profit of 500k or so BEFORE those sales. It is only fair to point out that just under 5 million had previously been invested. So DE has still put in -net - a few hundred grand overall. But the position over the last two years since Ashton left has seen many millions of pounds repatriated.
Nothing 'wrong ' with that, but when in the same two years ticket prices are aggressively hiked to pay for a supposed push for the championship then you would need to be quite gullible not to do the basic math.
Of course, what is then required to dupe those who aren't paying close attention are rumours of huge bids for Gino or the lad from Stavanger.
And so the very strange, crab -like game of illusions carry on, supported by some supporters who should, and indeed do, know far better.

Strange, and coincidental, how these big money bids never actually result in a big money transfer.

Apparently, Dickie and Brannegan cost 70k between them. Nothing wrong with that. Could be great business. But let not the smoke and mirrors obscure the reality that a thumping amount of cash was made last summer. 1.2 million Roofe and O'Dowda completion; 800k Lundstram; 320k Appleton; first 1.5 million of Marvin. Equals 4 million, bar the shouting. After a season in which we made a profit of 500k or so BEFORE those sales. It is only fair to point out that just under 5 million had previously been invested. So DE has still put in -net - a few hundred grand overall. But the position over the last two years since Ashton left has seen many millions of pounds repatriated.
Nothing 'wrong ' with that, but when in the same two years ticket prices are aggressively hiked to pay for a supposed push for the championship then you would need to be quite gullible not to do the basic math.
Of course, what is then required to dupe those who aren't paying close attention are rumours of huge bids for Gino or the lad from Stavanger.
And so the very strange, crab -like game of illusions carry on, supported by some supporters who should, and indeed do, know far better.
Maths not math ....we are not Americans

This is all hypothetical I suppose.
Apparently there is a fans forum soon, they will even let you come along and put your questions to the people themselves.

This is all hypothetical I suppose.
Apparently there is a fans forum soon, they will even let you come along and put your questions to the people themselves.

Where fibs will be told, and people who know very well that they are fibs will then nod and smile and write them up as unchallenged fact.

I hope they check that the room it's being held in will have a plentiful supply of mirrors, and a well-oiled smoke machine.

Maths not math ....we are not Americans

And that sort of sums (ha) up where we have got to as a club. People are more interested in quibbling over niceties of different English usages instead of debating real issues.

I read the notes from the latest farce of a supporters trust meeting whilst in hospital during latest cancer tests and treatment (apparently londonroader thinks that I should have discharged myself to come along to the 'meeting', which is not untypical of his 'sensitive' nature). Reading the notes, I finally realised that - right now - we as a fanbase do not deserve a successful club. This proud group, who kept the club afloat on numerous occasions and showed such huge passion over decades of struggle, have just lost the will to live. Now it's just a matter of keeping noses clean, avoiding difficult topics and trying to gloss over obvious major issues.
On an emotional level, I can entirely understand the Ultras packing their bags. For those who want to strain with every sinew to help OUFC achieve something, these are depressing days.

Go on then I’ll bite, why was it a farce ? Nearly every question asked was answered and in general I thought the answers given were open and honest from all sides.

What’s the matter ? Not the answer u wanted from ur mate Ian hudspeth when u threw Exeter collage at him ?

Go on then I’ll bite, why was it a farce ? Nearly every question asked was answered and in general I thought the answers given were open and honest from all sides.

What’s the matter ? Not the answer u wanted from ur mate Ian hudspeth when u threw Exeter collage at him ?

So you think that that meeting was open and transparent on the subject of the current proposed takeover?

Back
Top Bottom