Current Player #13 Simon Eastwood

The only better ones I can think of connected to OUFC are Gary Walsh against us at Valley Parade, Paul Gerrard at Sheffield United and Trevor Carson last year...outstanding piece of work.

Easty is mercifully in good form at the moment, which is a positive.

The only better ones I can think of connected to OUFC are Gary Walsh against us at Valley Parade, Paul Gerrard at Sheffield United and Trevor Carson last year...outstanding piece of work.

Easty is mercifully in good form at the moment, which is a positive.
Maybe Paul Reece at Derby and I’m sure Phil Whitehead produced an unreal save in front of London Road once but can’t think who were the opposition….possibly West Brom

That was an exceptional save from Eastwood yesterday, one of the best I’ve seen live at Grenoble Road.

Not his biggest fan but made a couple of top quality saves yesterday (including that absolute blinder). Credit where it's due to the lad.

I'm really pleased that Eastwood has found some form because we all know he's capable of making top saves but that one yesterday was rediculous

Watching Easty’s save on yesterdays highlights doesn’t really do it justice. It was an unbelievable save…..can’t think of a better one I’ve seen live
Yes the camera didn’t pick up that the ball was already behind him.

A lot of malicious rubbish has been written about Eastwood this season, he was bad early in the season but has been fine the last few games and was brilliant yesterday.

I think he was shocking first 10 games. Making a lot of mistakes.

For the last 6/7 games he’s been one of if not our best player which has contributed to improved results. So fair play to him.

• React
Reactions: QR
The only save I’ve seen better than eastys yesterday was when my daughter was in the under 12s for kidlington v Banbury girls, still don’t know how she kept it out.

Fair play to
Maybe Paul Reece at Derby and I’m sure Phil Whitehead produced an unreal save in front of London Road once but can’t think who were the opposition….possibly West Brom
Easty has made some incredible saves in his last few matches, yesterday topped the lot fair play to him. Won us a point really.
Many of us old uns will remember Roy Burton making similar saves very often and Jim Barron before him. It could be argued that both of them were the main reason we avoided relegation on a couple of occasions.

Fair play to
Easty has made some incredible saves in his last few matches, yesterday topped the lot fair play to him. Won us a point really.
Many of us old uns will remember Roy Burton making similar saves very often and Jim Barron before him. It could be argued that both of them were the main reason we avoided relegation on a couple of occasions.
.Paul Kee had a blinder at Tranmere to keep us up

Superb performance yesterday, it’s the low edge of the area shots though that cause him problems.

I saw he had signed a new deal until 2025. I guess that cements him as the number 2 for now. I'm hoping Ed Mcginty can find a good loan

Strange decision as he doesn’t fit the profile of the keepers Manning likes to play…(he’s not comfortable passing the ball although did improve, but can’t see his saving shots from distance getting any better)

Unless Beadle gets injured or recalled Eastwood isn't playing this season, when Beadle goes back we will get another keeper so Eastwood must be happy being backup. Pretty sensible move to have a limited but safe enough pair of hands as contented back up, knows the division so can give advice to Beadle as well.

Will play him in the Donaid Duck Trophy .
where does that leave McGinty. Dread the thought of Beadle getting injured.

Can only assume something akin to the Henry situation from last Summer - effectively being offered an extended deal for a reduced wage (albeit Henry's change was triggered by the contract for Brannagan).

If Eastwood is happy and settled (and with no obvious suitor after this season) I can see why he would (for illustration) reduce his wage by 1/3 but effectively double the length of it. Bit of security. Time to get his sh*t together.

From our point of view it potentially lowers the wage bill in the here and now.

All speculation, but I can't imagine we'd extend his deal on anywhere close to the same terms as signed two years ago.

Will play him in the Donaid Duck Trophy .
where does that leave McGinty. Dread the thought of Beadle getting injured.
I feel very bad for McGinty. Signed here from a situation where he was playing regularly and improving game after game to... be totally ignored.

Back
Top Bottom