Ex Player Ryan Ledson

Id prefer Blackpool( for obvious reasons) but it would be an interesting tie. Would be good to compare yourself to a team in the championship to see if you are capable of performing if you where to go up.
We still OWE PNE for those 2 blatantly offside goals in 6th round fa cup (1964)... .We'd turn you over no problem this time round :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

• React
Reactions: PNE
Great bit of business by the club. Hold out until the end of the season then don’t back down on our asking price.
As for Eales I don’t believe Ledson was one of the players who he gets money for, it’s only the players that were sold while he was owner. Either way it doesn’t really matter as it’s money that Tiger can use to invest in the side or quicker to pay the money owned to Eales.

We still OWE PNE for those 2 blatantly offside goals in 6th round fa cup (1964)... .We'd turn you over no problem this time round :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
Hopefully theres plenty more of that to come if we play you next season;)

Horse for courses. He pays the same money for the club all be it over time rather than upfront. Don’t really see an issue personally

Guess not, but I guess it’ll depend on what investments happen during that time as well.

Horse for courses. He pays the same money for the club all be it over time rather than upfront. Don’t really see an issue personally

Guess not, but I guess it’ll depend on what investments happen during that time as well.

Suppose so. I guess the investment in quality of branagan and dickie before owning the club is an indication of the type of investment. And I guess having made the first payment and money from lego were already now a decent chunk payed off £2m ?? Add to that brough having to pay up their final payment and a possible sell on clause this summer. We might not be far from clearing it

Hopefully theres plenty more of that to come if we play you next season;)
Maybe, and 54 years on it's our turn to get the decisions go our way in the cup I reckon :)

bit of trivia ... after knocking out old first division (prem today) 3rd placed Blackburn Rovers 3-1 at the Manor Ground, old 4th division newcomers to the football league Oxford United played PNE at the Manor ground in front of an all time record home crowd od 22,750

AND the offside rule being relatively new at the time wasn't properly applied by the match official(s)- some things never change!- PNE scored 2 blatantly offside goals ( one of which was also a foul on Oxford Keeper, Harry Fearnley) to Oxfords 1 ...Preston went on to beat Huddersfield in the semi final and lose to West Ham in the fa cup final.

Never forgotten being robbed by an incompetant referree that day...it certainly was the shape of things to come , with the standard of officials in recent times at an all time low!:(

Maybe, and 54 years on it's our turn to get the decisions go our way in the cup I reckon :)

bit of trivia ... after knocking out old first division (prem today) 3rd placed Blackburn Rovers 3-1 at the Manor Ground, old 4th division newcomers to the football league Oxford United played PNE at the Manor ground in front of an all time record home crowd od 22,750

AND the offside rule being relatively new at the time wasn't properly applied by the match official(s)- some things never change!- PNE scored 2 blatantly offside goals ( one of which was also a foul on Oxford Keeper, Harry Fearnley) to Oxfords 1 ...Preston went on to beat Huddersfield in the semi final and lose to West Ham in the fa cup final.

Never forgotten being robbed by an incompetant referree that day...it certainly was the shape of things to come , with the standard of officials in recent times at an all time low!:(
I totally agree with the refereeing standards. A prime example is the PNE Wolves game 2 seasons ago refereed by a certain Mr Trevor Kettle. The mans importance saw 2 of our players sent off for no real reason. Refereeing myself, that was probably the worst refereeing performance i have ever seen from a match official ever. The best occured in 1964 i do beleive...;)

Only the first goal was offside...............Alex Dawson.
looked like both were to a very very young me on the temp (scaffolding) stand on the Beech Road close to the London road end..... and on the grainy monochrome footage too (granted the camera angle is 'inconclusive') but Godfrey seemed a yard offside... still does too

and it was Swansea who PNE beat in the 64 semi final

• React
Reactions: Ian
I totally agree with the refereeing standards. A prime example is the PNE Wolves game 2 seasons ago refereed by a certain Mr Trevor Kettle. The mans importance saw 2 of our players sent off for no real reason. Refereeing myself, that was probably the worst refereeing performance i have ever seen from a match official ever. The best occured in 1964 i do beleive...;)
aha ...you experienced that excuse for a referee Kettle too then, absolute disgrace he is :cautious:

Great bit of business by the club. Hold out until the end of the season then don’t back down on our asking price.
As for Eales I don’t believe Ledson was one of the players who he gets money for, it’s only the players that were sold while he was owner. Either way it doesn’t really matter as it’s money that Tiger can use to invest in the side or quicker to pay the money owned to Eales.

Disagree. All player sale related or sell on money goes into that controlled account until there is more than the specified sums due on repayment dates. It was only the named four players who had already been sold.

Id prefer Blackpool( for obvious reasons) but it would be an interesting tie. Would be good to compare yourself to a team in the championship to see if you are capable of performing if you where to go up.

Lol, I’ll bite... we have been lucky enough to play huge teams like yourself! Our plucky band of strugglers even managed to beat Swansea and nearly Middlesbrough too.

I’m sure we’d try our best against the might of Preston! What a day out and experience for all involved lol

• React
Reactions: PNE
Anyway! Good luck to him, fun to watch, a good player and professional at the end of his time with us. I’d be disappointed but I feel (as it stands) we have a couple of other players who will certainly fill his shoes on the pitch.

Retaining Eastwood far exceeds the loss (for me anyway). Cheers Ledson.

Back
Top Bottom