Ex Player Ryan Ledson

Has anyone mentioned Eales "snaffling away" the transfer fee yet? My guess is this deal was pretty much done in January, but with us keeping Ledson until the end of the season. So presumably Eales factored in this transfer fee into the sale price when he sold the club.

Preston?? pfffffft.........no ambition......why undisclosed....have we given him away or have they overpaid?? the fans have the right to know IMO.
I agree with the undisclosed bit but we finished 7th in the champioship last season with improvements coming in. Our club has a lot ahead of us. I think the ambition is the prospect of premier league football which i think we will hopefully acheive in the next 2-3 years.

Great lad, great battler and loads of passion, but maybe our forwards might get some better service now.

Kind of agree with that - he gets stuck in but lacks guile and creativity. His passing will
have to improve and it probably will. Thought his passing was far better at the start of the season but
not great middle to end of the season apart from the cross to Henry at Doncaster.

I’ll remember his goal at The Valley with much fondness but his shooting is dreadful overall !

I have every faith Robbo will bring in some quality in midfield this summer to fill the void.

Think undisclosed fees should be against the rules. Everyone would know what everyone is paying, level playing field then and more interesting for fans.

Clubs are private companies and for many this will be considered commercially sensitive.

Like us for example and any deals we are trying to get over the line with clubs and agents.

I don’t imagine many on here would be happy if a great deal fell through because an announcement of a big player sale caused an unreasonable upping of prices.

Preston?? pfffffft.........no ambition......why undisclosed....have we given him away or have they overpaid?? the fans have the right to know IMO.
The length of chase and 3 rejected bids would suggest we got a good fee. Good luck and thanks for your time with the club, you served us well.

Whats the odds on drawing PNE in one of the (proper) cup competitions this coming season?

Why? Has probably gone for a decent fee...don’t need opposition knowing how much we have.

All the best to Ledson, will be premiership in a few years I’m sure.

We don’t have it, Darryl probably does!

Two ideas of thought.
1. Less that the fans had hoped so keep it quiet, or
2. We don't wish to drive up the prices of potential signings by drawing attention to us just getting almost 1 million

Or Darryl’s got it!

Whats the odds on drawing PNE in one of the (proper) cup competitions this coming season?
Id prefer Blackpool( for obvious reasons) but it would be an interesting tie. Would be good to compare yourself to a team in the championship to see if you are capable of performing if you where to go up.

On the plus side to that it means that debt will be paid off sooner and wiped, and we will get money from transfers listed against it.

But a shame the new owner didn’t pay DE the money and these funds went directly into the club instead.

An absolute credit in terms of how he carried on with maximum effort. Leaves with the best wishes of everyone i hope.

Including DEs bank manager!

Back
Top Bottom