Ex Player Ryan Ledson

Maybe, or maybe not, bigger clubs are now interested and you've missed the boat. Should have spent the money wanted in January then it would have been sorted out.
I’m not sure we had the money in January and I think that he would probably get a better wage at other clubs, however we are 7th in the championship and that must attract him to some extent.

Were definitely not 7th in the Championship.

Yesterday, 11:02 PM#113
Great call @LondonRoader .... few more twists n turns re Lego yet it seems ..... and if Preston want him their owner will have to sell a few racehorses !

I’m surprised that the reason Ledson isn’t joining Preston hasn’t reached the Oxford fans!

Rumour is he failed a medical, and needs surgery. I have no inside info. Just saw it on the pne forum. Obviously he played against Blackburn though so who knows

That’s pretty much it. It’s bad news all round. Preston don’t get the player they desperately wanted. Oxford don’t get any money for him and the lad doesn’t get the move he really wanted. Apparently it’s not a minor injury and he could be missing for a while. I hope that bit is wrong and that he can get sorted out asap.

Bit odd that we played him for over half an hour on Saturday if that's right!!

I totally agree. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. It’s probably something that’s ok at the moment but will need sorting sooner rather than later.

That’s pretty much it. It’s bad news all round. Preston don’t get the player they desperately wanted. Oxford don’t get any money for him and the lad doesn’t get the move he really wanted. Apparently it’s not a minor injury and he could be missing for a while. I hope that bit is wrong and that he can get sorted out asap.
This probably all started from his Injury last season which meant he missed out the end of our season a d u20 world cup.

This is the consequence of getting a player back quickly. Depending if this is true then i expect we'll keep him this season but with proper recovery we won't see him till atleast December.

Rumour is he failed a medical, and needs surgery. I have no inside info. Just saw it on the pne forum. Obviously he played against Blackburn though so who knows

When exactly did he have this medical considering there has been no contact between the clubs since January considering KR's comments on Saturday? That would be an illegal approach and Oxford should report them.

If it was serious, how come he has managed to play regularly under KR? Also, amazed our pretty good medical staff and sports science team somehow missed this major injury allowing him to play so many games. The same medical team that have got quite a few players back from major injuries early in the past 2 seasons. Hmmm, they've either screwed up or I smell bullshit from somebody on the PNE forum.

When exactly did he have this medical considering there has been no contact between the clubs since January considering KR's comments on Saturday? That would be an illegal approach and Oxford should report them.

If it was serious, how come he has managed to play regularly under KR? Also, amazed our pretty good medical staff and sports science team somehow missed this major injury allowing him to play so many games. The same medical team that have got quite a few players back from major injuries early in the past 2 seasons. Hmmm, they've either screwed up or I smell bullshit from somebody on the PNE forum.

Believe what you want to believe but Preston desperately wanted to sign him and wouldn’t back out without good reason. As for an illegal approach didn’t KR mention earlier in the week that Ledson wouldn’t feature at the weekend due to him about to leave. It’s bad news all round but especially for Ledson himself.

It is weird. It looks like several Preston fans have heard the same thing, but we all know how a rumour can quickly spread and become fact. It starts here on the pne forum.
http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?106083-PNE-back-in-for-Ledson/page12
Also mentioned on the league one forum
http://www.onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/relegation-thread-2017-18.17365/page-23

Believe what you want to believe but Preston desperately wanted to sign him and wouldn’t back out without good reason.

Could the “good reason” possibly be...they didn’t offer half what his left little toe is worth, hmmmm?

And how is it “bad news all round” when we’d 1) much rather keep the player or 2) rather not sell him to a tiny club for peanuts?

Can’t see any bad news there for us if I’m honest.

Spoke to someone close to the PNE hierarchy about this on Friday, you can believe me or not it’s up to you but I know it’s correct and the rumours surfacing on our forum suggest it’s starting to leak now.

Robinson, with respect, is talking utter nonsense, hence the bumbling response on the radio after your game, when he clearly did not know what to say.

The Ledson deal was agreed financially during the middle of last week, hence why all the press reports then surfaced and your manager said he probably wouldn’t play at the weekend.

He travelled up for talks and a medical later in the week. However, a knee issue which needs correcting sooner rather than later then appeared on the medical, which will require surgery and a spell on the sidelines.

This has led to PNE, regretfully, pulling out of the deal, having chased him for yonks and planned on having him in our squad for next season for 6 months. The lad himself was devastated as well, having waited for the move only for this to f**k it up, hence why he may not have looked fully on it when he came on on Saturday if what a couple of you have said on here is correct.

Like the other PNE fan has said, it’s a no-win situation really.

Spoke to someone close to the PNE hierarchy about this on Friday, you can believe me or not it’s up to you but I know it’s correct and the rumours surfacing on our forum suggest it’s starting to leak now.

Robinson, with respect, is talking utter nonsense, hence the bumbling response on the radio after your game, when he clearly did not know what to say.

The Ledson deal was agreed financially during the middle of last week, hence why all the press reports then surfaced and your manager said he probably wouldn’t play at the weekend.

He travelled up for talks and a medical later in the week. However, a knee issue which needs correcting sooner rather than later then appeared on the medical, which will require surgery and a spell on the sidelines.

This has led to PNE, regretfully, pulling out of the deal, having chased him for yonks and planned on having him in our squad for next season for 6 months. The lad himself was devastated as well, having waited for the move only for this to f**k it up, hence why he may not have looked fully on it when he came on on Saturday if what a couple of you have said on here is correct.

Like the other PNE fan has said, it’s a no-win situation really.
Allegedly

Could the “good reason” possibly be...they didn’t offer half what his left little toe is worth, hmmmm?

And how is it “bad news all round” when we’d 1) much rather keep the player or 2) rather not sell him to a tiny club for peanuts?

Can’t see any bad news there for us if I’m honest.

All the financials of the deal were agreed, hence why he was going to be out of your squad and was seemingly telling fans at your end of season awards he was off, but the deal was cancelled on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom