Ex Player Ryan Ledson

Ledson has gone about his move the right way, given his all for the club and I wish him nothing but continued success.

Let's hope other young players are attracted to join us - we are becoming a club that can take players and make them better footballers. Yes, they will move on - but we have the benefit of their youth and enthusiasm while they are here. Add that to some more experienced players who will stay a bit longer and you have a winning combination.
We may have to rid ourselves of the Clotet legacy first.....

The way Roofe, Lunny and Ledson left the club you can't help wish them every success. Professional throughout their time here. Even though Dunkley initially left under a cloud since he has only ever had good words to say about the club and you can tell he appreciates what the club did for him.

O'dowda and Johnson could learn a thing or 2 from how to conduct yourself as a player. As for the latter I have no sympathy for him as he rots in Boro's reserve side and looks to be heading out of the door this season.

We may have to rid ourselves of the Clotet legacy first.....
I think that will be seen as a blip. Most of his rubbish has already been shown the door and both Dickie and Brannigan have already come on leaps and bounds since they have been with us. Add in Ledson and Rothwell (who were brought in before that man was made manager) who have also become increasingly impressive over their stays and look back in the very recent past at Roofe and Lundstram and you have a decent template. You can also instance some of the loans - Kenny comes to mind in particular - who have benefited. Of course, not all of them work out (those two Man City show ponies!) but if the player puts the effort in and wants to learn ...

Good luck to you too. Hope Lego does well for you if he does indeed join. A great character and great potential as a player.
Indeed, I just hope es good enough for the prem?. Wish us luck for Sunday.

I think that will be seen as a blip. Most of his rubbish has already been shown the door and both Dickie and Brannigan have already come on leaps and bounds since they have been with us. Add in Ledson and Rothwell (who were brought in before that man was made manager) who have also become increasingly impressive over their stays and look back in the very recent past at Roofe and Lundstram and you have a decent template. You can also instance some of the loans - Kenny comes to mind in particular - who have benefited. Of course, not all of them work out (those two Man City show ponies!) but if the player puts the effort in and wants to learn ...
The two Man City boys were certainly a disaster. But I wonder how much coaching or encouragement they received. I think by the end they were rather dispirited.

It may have been said already and I haven't the time to read through 50 pages of various comments to check, but I don't think our manager stating (allegedly) that Ledson will be easily replaced will put too many pennies on his price.

We are also rumoured to be interested about rothwell. Not sure how much truth there is in this.

We are also rumoured to be interested about rothwell. Not sure how much truth there is in this.

He’s a good player. Has the potential to be Championship quality although it’s early days and his hamstrings seem rather weak.

Beautiful gliding with the ball at his feet, he can unlock defences and has a good shot on him too.

If he had stayed fit for the time he was here, I imagine he’d be going to an even bigger club than PNE.

Will be interesting to see what happens but my gut tells me he’ll be off. Again, good luck to him if so.

He’s a good player. Has the potential to be Championship quality although it’s early days and his hamstrings seem rather weak.

Beautiful gliding with the ball at his feet, he can unlock defences and has a good shot on him too.

If he had stayed fit for the time he was here, I imagine he’d be going to an even bigger club than PNE.

Will be interesting to see what happens but my gut tells me he’ll be off. Again, good luck to him if so.
He seems to be a good player by what people are saying. We have a few at north end with a dodgy hamstring; Sean Maguire and Ben Pearson to name a few. Im sure that we wouldn't want to sign a player who is prone to injuries but maybe better facilities may counter that? who knows? Also, we have just announced that John Welsh is leaving the club at the end of the season. Wonder if he could be a replacement? He is loved by all at Preston. A quality ball winning midfielder at league 1 and was pivotal in our promotion season. If Ledson or Rothwell was to leave then Welsh would be a very able replacement. Karl Robinson is a good manager and did good things for MK Dons. Your in good hands.

He seems to be a good player by what people are saying. We have a few at north end with a dodgy hamstring; Sean Maguire and Ben Pearson to name a few. Im sure that we wouldn't want to sign a player who is prone to injuries but maybe better facilities may counter that? who knows? Also, we have just announced that John Welsh is leaving the club at the end of the season. Wonder if he could be a replacement? He is loved by all at Preston. A quality ball winning midfielder at league 1 and was pivotal in our promotion season. If Ledson or Rothwell was to leave then Welsh would be a very able replacement. Karl Robinson is a good manager and did good things for MK Dons. Your in good hands.
I'm personally excited for next season. Robinson has done what looked impossible on keeping us up and he's got us defending and the goals needed whilst using strikers who have only got 19 goals this season.

During Robinsons first 5/6 games Rothwell was pivotal to us playing well and we collapsed whenever he got subbed off losing late on each time. You give him the ball and he'll run straight down the middle of the pitch and create chances, he is the best finisher at Oxford puts it in the corner every time. He can also play anywhere from CM,AM or on the wing

As said above Rothwell missed around 20-25 games this season because of his hamstrings.

I'll be honest i cannot see him joining Preston if not guarenteed starter when fit. He wants to play I'd say Blackburn would be his likely destination and they were chasing him in January.

Ledson and Rothwell both quality players and Ledson especially will be missed by the fans but when you sign young 18-23 year olds from up North when your so far down south a move nearer to home will always be appealing.

I'm personally excited for next season. Robinson has done what looked impossible on keeping us up and he's got us defending and the goals needed whilst using strikers who have only got 19 goals this season.

During Robinsons first 5/6 games Rothwell was pivotal to us playing well and we collapsed whenever he got subbed off losing late on each time. You give him the ball and he'll run straight down the middle of the pitch and create chances, he is the best finisher at Oxford puts it in the corner every time. He can also play anywhere from CM,AM or on the wing

As said above Rothwell missed around 20-25 games this season because of his hamstrings.

I'll be honest i cannot see him joining Preston if not guarenteed starter when fit. He wants to play I'd say Blackburn would be his likely destination and they were chasing him in January.

Ledson and Rothwell both quality players and Ledson especially will be missed by the fans but when you sign young 18-23 year olds from up North when your so far down south a move nearer to home will always be appealing.
I do agree with this. I'm not sure if rothwell is better than Harrop, Browne or Gallagher which is i could see him going to a newly promoted or struggling championship side for regular football. I do believe that Ledson would play tho. Maybe not straight away but he would certainly be a great replacement for Pearson when he is suspended and he would probably play alongside him if AN rates him over Harrop. I can also see us signing Wes Hoolahan from Norwich as he is leaving them.(That's more gut feeling but AN's links to norwich and our league position may persuade him). Ive a feeling that there will be some free signings in which you may want to look at.

Have I missed an agreement being made and announced?
Nothing has been made official and nothing has been announced but the way in which Karl Robinson has spoken about Ledson suggests that something is in place.

Nothing has been made official and nothing has been announced but the way in which Karl Robinson has spoken about Ledson suggests that something is in place.
wondered if youd resurface @PNE ? ....looks like Lego will be going to the North East (to bench warm)... good luck tomorrow(even though Ive not forgotten or forgiven those 2 offside goals in 6th round of the facup 1964!)

wondered if youd resurface @PNE ? ....looks like Lego will be going to the North East (to bench warm)... good luck tomorrow(even though Ive not forgotten or forgiven those 2 offside goals in 6th round of the facup 1964!)
I do believe you mean North West but still cheers. A win tomorrow and a Barnsley win puts us into the playoffs. Also, do us a favour and beat Blackburn ??

Indeed ...I meant the North West.... though it all seems grim 'oop' there, North East and North West, especially to this South Midlander :cool:

Heres hoping we get a result at Blackburn later this afternoon :sneaky:

• React
Reactions: PNE
Indeed ...I meant the North West.... though it all seems grim 'oop' there, North East and North West, especially to this South Midlander :cool:

Heres hoping we get a result at Blackburn later this afternoon :sneaky:
Aye it is cha, especially with places like Blackpool and Burnley. I’m just so lucky I’m from such a great place in Preston?

Back
Top Bottom