Ex Player Ryan Ledson

I believe this deal was done in January but delayed to the summer.
I love his hard work but not sure about the quality of his passing or shooting at championship level. Also it is a yard faster there - he will get a lot of yellow cards!

Lunny has coped with the step up. I’m sure lego will be fine, I’d love it if kr could talk him into giving us 1 year see where we are, either he will be playing championship football with us, or will have earned an even better deal at a bigger club than pne, after a good season

Last edited by a moderator:
In the time Preston last bid Ledson has upped performances and won 3 awards...can quite easily add a hefty amount
Final year of contract though. It'll be same situation as Lundstram we'll try to make something.

Although i do think we let him leave at end of contract if he don't want to be hear and take it to tribunal and get a decent amount.

I assumed the Lego transfer was merely delayed, so not surprised to see the rumours. Bit naive to think he'd stay, esp when signing Brannagan

I would imagine there might be a bit of a bidding war... Pretty sure another club would offer more than PNE seem willing to pay.

As for Ledson himself, a great attitude, energy and commitment, and puts himself wholeheartedly into a tackle. But, absolutely atrocious shooting, and I always feel doesn't close down opposition very well, or quickly enough, when opponents have the ball just outside of our box.

As the money will go to DE not Oxford then i would prefer we let his contract run down and he went on a tribunal next year.

Brannigan is his replacement.

As the money will go to DE not Oxford then i would prefer we let his contract run down and he went on a tribunal next year.

Brannigan is his replacement.

Don’t think it does- but for arguments sake it does, u would still want to get as much for lego as possible to write off that debt. Then the club would receive future payments from the roofe, COD and Johnson transfers instead of Darryl.

We could have done the same with lunny last year, had him for this season then lost him now for nothing. Doesn’t make financial sense, and also when we’re trying to sell our selves to future players that we will let them use us as a stepping stone and not stand in our way if they come and join us

Just praying that Preston fan doesn't come back on the forum again...
He will and he'll educate us all over again about how good Preston are and that Alex Neil is there GOD and can develop young players (As can KR judging by his record of development)

As for Ledson saga if he is going don't drag it out and f**k ourselves over with no time to get a replacement in like we did with Johnson. The sooner it's done the better if it's going to happen. I just think its fundamental that the staff drill into him that it isn't always better to be in the championship.

Lundstram-rarely starts and gets 10-15 minute camios
Johnson-Hasn't played since Tony Pulis arrived at Middlesbrough
Roofe-Gets a game most weeks but rarely makes it through past 60 minutes if he starts
O'dowda- same situation as Roofe.

The money doesn't go to DE.
Myles has spelt this out before. Balances of transfer fees on O'Dowda, Roofe, Lundstram and Johson, and any further fees (eg sell-ons or appearances) get paid into the segrated bank account, which is to be used to repay Ensco (ie Eales) who was due £995,817 yesterday, £995,817 on 30 September, and £1,284,074 sometime later, presumably in 2019. Totals £3,275,708.

Also any sales of other players gets paid into that account.

Now if the remainder of the fees on the first four doesn't add up to that £3,275,208, then it is in the best interests of the club to sell Ledson for as much as possible, because otherwise the club still owes Eales money - unless the club think keeping Ledson would generate more cash than selling him. I would guess that Eales valued Ledson at for instance £1million when selling the club, and therefore included that in the asking price. Otherwise he is just giving away £1million to Tiger who is free to sell Ledson.

Cue at touch of the COD-itis for Saturday then - although that would be most unlike Lego. Strikes me as the type of player who would throw himself into a 50/50 in the 96th minute of his last game for us.

The money doesn't go to DE.
Myles has spelt this out before. Balances of transfer fees on O'Dowda, Roofe, Lundstram and Johson, and any further fees (eg sell-ons or appearances) get paid into the segrated bank account, which is to be used to repay Ensco (ie Eales) who was due £995,817 yesterday, £995,817 on 30 September, and £1,284,074 sometime later, presumably in 2019. Totals £3,275,708.

Now if the remainder of the fees on the first four doesn't add up to that £3,275,208, then it is in the best interests of the club to sell Ledson for as much as possible, because otherwise the club still owes Eales money - unless the club think keeping Ledson would generate more cash than selling him. I would guess that Eales valued Ledson at for instance £1million when selling the club, and therefore included that in the asking price. Otherwise he is just giving away £1million to Tiger who is free to sell Ledson.

It’s also in the clubs interests to sell rather than let a contract run down, because u get to add a sell on clause. 20% of future sale could be worth a lot more than what we actually get for him now

He will and he'll educate us all over again about how good Preston are and that Alex Neil is there GOD and can develop young players (As can KR judging by his record of development)

As for Ledson saga if he is going don't drag it out and f**k ourselves over with no time to get a replacement in like we did with Johnson. The sooner it's done the better if it's going to happen. I just think its fundamental that the staff drill into him that it isn't always better to be in the championship.

Lundstram-rarely starts and gets 10-15 minute camios
Johnson-Hasn't played since Tony Pulis arrived at Middlesbrough
Roofe-Gets a game most weeks but rarely makes it through past 60 minutes if he starts
O'dowda- same situation as Roofe.

Lunny has made 21 league starts starts this season, playing 1924 mins.

IF we want to encourage talented young players to come to use then we have to also recognise that is in the clubs best interest to facilitate them moving on if someone in a higher division comes in with a good offer. If we don't then players like Ledson will not see the benefit in dropping to league 1 to kick-start their careers. Its sad but this is where this management strategy leaves a bitter taste for your average fan.

He has given us good service and never rocked the boat unlike some we could mention. He deserves his chance to progress and I don't think we should try and stand in his way. A good career in football is a decade in most cases so another year at league 1 standard is possibly not a good move.

Would Preston sneaking into the play-offs and getting promoted mean it was more or less likely for them to sign him? Yes more money and attraction of PL football but would they look for a better player instead (no offence to Lego)?

I wonder if we will get anything from Middlesbrough if they go up, despite our erstwhile winger not featuring for them since Pulis took over?That would chip away at the £3mil a bit. They will undoubtedly offload him in the offseason and so we might get a bit more? I can't see the add-ons from COD, Lundstram or Roofe kicking in any time soon.

Best of luck to him if he goes.

He's given it his all every game he has played for us which as fans is all we want. He celebrates goals like he has scored the winner in a FA cup final and it has been great to watch him play for us.

The days of players staying for 5-6 years are dwindling and for every player that drops down to us who then seals a move higher up it encourages the next one to join.

I would like over 1 million for him but even if we get that it's a fair trade off for what we paid and what he gave us.

There was lots of speculation about him leaving in January but he never threw his toys out of the pram and just got on with his job.

He has had two years in league one with us which have aided the development of his career but if he is to improve he needs to step up a level and take a risk.

He deserves a massive send off at the Blackburn game in what will most be likely his last game for us.

Back
Top Bottom