Manager/Coach Robinsons future - Change of view?

Robins future - change of opinion?

• Robinson should have until the end of the season to get players back.

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Robinson has until Christmas to turn things around.

Votes: 43 23.1%
  • He has until the end of October turn things around, with players back.

Votes: 38 20.4%
  • Enough, Robinson should go now to give the new manager time to assess the squad before the window.

Votes: 87 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t understand the wait until Christmas brigade. Waiting won’t rebalance the squad and find us a ball playing centre back, two full/wing backs and a dominant defensive midfielder. Oh, and a goalkeeper that exudes confidence and ability.

I don’t understand the wait until Christmas brigade. Waiting won’t rebalance the squad and find us a ball playing centre back, two full/wing backs and a dominant defensive midfielder. Oh, and a goalkeeper that exudes confidence and ability.
Sacking Robinson now won't bring any of that either.

It does also hopefully put someone in charge who will at least consider using all of the scant assets we have (inc. Smyth and Jones), putting players in their proper positions, being honest about the fitness of some players (Gorrin? Browne?) and who can take a clear eyed view of what is required; immediately, in January and over the summer. The thought of giving KR another transfer window to mess about in fills me with existential angst.

But it does allow a new manager to assess the squad before the window opening, to allow him to decide what he needs (although I'm sure we could all them him the moment he arrives!).
Yeah it would allow that, but none of that was stated in the post.

It does also hopefully put someone in charge who will at least consider using all of the scant assets we have (inc. Smyth and Jones), putting players in their proper positions, being honest about the fitness of some players (Gorrin? Browne?) and who can take a clear eyed view of what is required; immediately, in January and over the summer. The thought of giving KR another transfer window to mess about in fills me with existential angst.
This is why near the start of Oct would be my preferred breakpoint if results & performances don't miraculously pick up (not sure they will given the better opposition we have coming up).

This gives three - four weeks to go through the interviewing process in Oct, the new manager would then get the best part of two months to assess the squad for Jan, where the owners are going to have to spend to keep us up, 4-6 players needed imo (GK?, LB, RB, CDM, Striker, LW/RW?).

In the back ground now, secretly someone within the club someone should be drawing up a short list of managers that can play a similar style to KR, and be talking to their agents about how they would feel if the Oxford 1st team coach position became available.

This would also be the perfect time to install a DoF / DoS or whatever the title.

Do I think this will happen ?, No.

That’s wrong there. As you can add 2 from last season to Nicky Cadden.

Both Nathan Holland & Gavin Whyte both turned down returns here this summer.

That’s the truth, if you want to believe it or not is up to you.

(I didn’t really want either back to be honest as thought we’d sign improvements on them) Unfortunately we didn’t.. 😞
You know for a fact that they turned us down due to KR ?

Your opposite stance is also conjecture, of them wanting to play for robinson.
Again, you talk as if you are in on goings on in the club, when there have been so many occasions you have been wrong.

I have never said I am in the now at all, but I can tell you 100% that there were players who said no thank you. There may have been others. As you say to others believe what you want to, but maybe ask the person who feeds you your information to be honest to you.

This business about funds being withdrawn being shot down by you is interesting, especially after your first sentence, "The transfer window wasn't good enough and we're seeing the consequences of that."
Why wasn't it good enough, and ask yourself why truthfully if as you say the money was there, why wasn't it spent during the last week?
If you are not in the now then you must be the Norwegian Blue 😀

This is why near the start of Oct would be my preferred breakpoint if results & performances don't miraculously pick up (not sure they will given the better opposition we have coming up).

This gives three - four weeks to go through the interviewing process in Oct, the new manager would then get the best part of two months to assess the squad for Jan, where the owners are going to have to spend to keep us up, 4-6 players needed imo (GK?, LB, RB, CDM, Striker, LW/RW?).

In the back ground now, secretly someone within the club someone should be drawing up a short list of managers that can play a similar style to KR, and be talking to their agents about how they would feel if the Oxford 1st team coach position became available.

This would also be the perfect time to install a DoF / DoS or whatever the title.

Do I think this will happen ?, No.
The start of October is less than 2 weeks away and our next game is then 🤔

Unbelievable.

So everything you posted so vociferously this Summer can be consigned to the bin?

You spent weeks pushing back on any and every legitimate concern.

When did you come to this realisation? You were still pushing the positive narrative even on deadline day.

I'm afraid you don't get to hide in New Stadium threads until it's blown over and then emerge as though none of this happened.

I know some will think it's unfair to pull posters up like this, but when you put so much time and energy into gaslighting those with legitimate concerns - concerns that have been proven correct - you shouldn't be able to pretend none of it happened.
Its very unfair - he admitted there was a problem and rightly so - you may disagree with him and indeed most of us do at some point but was there any need for this

Would like to know how many L1 clubs have a DoF...can imagine that the same angst would be about spending money on this salary..not saying it's not a good idea esp. since the transfer dealing market has got a lot more intense.

Yet you still will not respond regarding where your information comes from, or whether it is simply blind faith supporting an entity that has single handidly messed up this clubs best chance of promotion in 10 years.
Well he did say on the transfer thread that he doesn’t know and gets his info on here and just jazzes it up as if he is genuinely non in the know 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Good at Developing young Players

Excellent contacts in the game

Knows all about moving to a new stadium

Would ensure we played the Modern Oxford way (before this season)

Step Foward your new Dof Arsene Wenger

Its very unfair - he admitted there was a problem and rightly so - you may disagree with him and indeed most of us do at some point but was there any need for this

Is it? Have you not read his belligerent posts to those when they don’t agree with or who choose to call him out. He is probably the top poster for doing this on here, dam he even posted on here for everyone to read saying he was putting me on the naughty step by publicly announcing he was hitting the ignore button on me. I mom bit afraid d if saying this because he is ignoring me…….as If he won’t have a peek.

Last edited:
Was it not reported by one of our resident ITK posters that Gavin Whyte would have to take a 40% pay cut to return.

Can somebody ITK confirm for confirmation that despite the above that an offer for Whyte was on the table?

Back
Top Bottom