Manager/Coach Robinsons future - Change of view?

Robins future - change of opinion?

• Robinson should have until the end of the season to get players back.

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Robinson has until Christmas to turn things around.

Votes: 43 23.1%
  • He has until the end of October turn things around, with players back.

Votes: 38 20.4%
  • Enough, Robinson should go now to give the new manager time to assess the squad before the window.

Votes: 87 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There was no "tightening of purse strings" There was no shortage of funds. There were more funds made available than ever before. What was missing was the willingness of players to join OUFC.

Then I stand corrected on that front. I was under the impression the board closed the purse strings.

So if players don’t want to come and play for OUFC, surely that should signal alarm bells for the owners.

The football family is quite small. and many players interact on social media, so if players don’t want to come then the question has to be why…. I know the answer KR! So surely it’s time to get out there and bring in someone that can attract players back to this great club.

The transfer window wasn't good enough and we're seeing the consequences of that. They are the facts alone, without the need to make things up.

The owners did not pull any deals or prevent money from being available.

As for the "not wanting to play for Robinson" that is all conjecture. In fact the only player we were looking at that could arguable have come to that conclusion would have been Nicky Cadden, but that wouldn't explain why there was genuine interest from all parties last summer.

Along with the stuff about having favourite agents, the Robbie Fowler stuff, and the distasteful shite shared tonight, this is all getting a bit tabloid!!

Any decision on Robinson's future should be made entirely on footballing matters and whether he can quickly turn around performances and results. And there is enough to mean that he's on very thin ice as it is without the need to churn up all sorts of other speculation and rubbish.

The transfer window wasn't good enough and we're seeing the consequences of that. They are the facts alone, without the need to make things up.

As for the "not wanting to play for Robinson" that is all conjecture. In fact the only player we were looking at that could arguable have come to that conclusion would have been Nicky Cadden, but that wouldn't explain why there was genuine interest from all parties last summer.

Along with the stuff about having favourite agents, the Robbie Fowler stuff, and the distasteful shite shared tonight, this is all getting a bit tabloid!!

Any decision on Robinson's future should be made entirely on footballing matters and whether he can quickly turn around performances and results. And there is enough to mean that he's on very thin ice as it is without the need to churn up all sorts of other speculation and rubbish.

That’s wrong there. As you can add 2 from last season to Nicky Cadden.

Both Nathan Holland & Gavin Whyte both turned down returns here this summer.

That’s the truth, if you want to believe it or not is up to you.

(I didn’t really want either back to be honest as thought we’d sign improvements on them) Unfortunately we didn’t.. 😞

It isn’t “getting a bit tabloid” to suggest that a number of potential moves fell through because Robinson isn’t the draw he likes to think he is. And it’s certainly a “football matter”.

(I didn’t really want either back to be honest as thought we’d sign improvements on them) Unfortunately we didn’t.. 😞
Nathan Holland turned us down because he couldn't be assured of first team football, which ironically he would have been more likely to get without greater irony in getting injured for MK Dons.

Gavin Whyte would have needed to take a significant drop in pay to sign a permanent deal with us, and Cardiff were reluctant to let him leave on another loan.

Neither were relevant to their relationships with Robinson.

Nathan Holland turned us down because he couldn't be assured of first team football, which ironically he would have been more likely to get without greater irony in getting injured for MK Dons.

Gavin Whyte would have needed to take a significant drop in pay to sign a permanent deal with us, and Cardiff were reluctant to let him leave on another loan.

Like I said. You can believe what I said or not ✌🏼

Neither were relevant to their relationships with Robinson
Although your other points are certainly true, your last sentence is not the case, unfortunately.

It was absolute shite on Saturday, but I'm not conviced at this stage we should force a change in manager (hard hat on!) at the end of the day we are only in September?

I struggle to understand the Gavin Whyte situation. Given the fees (where appropriate), wages and overall packages we have apparently given to Browne, Murphy, Wildschut, Findlay, Anderson, and new contracts to CB, JH etc… i can’t see that Gavin Whyte would have wanted or cost us significantly more than some of those? And surely he couldn’t have been on significantly more at Cardiff, if the packages/wages we are paying the above named, are anywhere near the figures suggested in recent weeks on this forum?

Personally I wish we’d landed him, I know some agree and some disagree with that, but I’d have thought at the very least money alone wasn’t the reason we didn’t?

Well if that’s the case, why wasn’t the money spent where it needed to be ie Left back, holding midfielder, and striker.

A left back signed on DD but was then recalled before he could be announced, as a player at his parent club got injured during training that afternoon, but given we had needed another left back all year long going back to last season, it should never have got to that point. Bad luck at the end, but terrible planning allowed such a scenario to even be possible, however unlikely it might have seemed. We shouldn’t have been in a position for that to occur.

We were also in for a couple of others including a striker, but he chose to go elsewhere. Again, it shouldn’t have been left so late and it seems that there was no time to switch targets in the event that he rejected us, but offers were made for several players and we did try right into the evening to add to the squad. That much I know.

The board definitely didn’t pull the plug on spending. The amount of money and needless hassle that went into getting Anderson his work permit in time for the deadline was proof of that. If they weren’t interested in spending a single penny then they wouldn’t have facilitated that complete shambles, and if they wanted to cheap out then they could have spent less money than Anderson is costing on loaning any old Championship reserve or untested PL2 teenager.

I struggle to understand the Gavin Whyte situation. Given the fees (where appropriate), wages and overall packages we have apparently given to Browne, Murphy, Wildschut, Findlay, Anderson, and new contracts to CB, JH etc… i can’t see that Gavin Whyte would have wanted or cost us significantly more than some of those? And surely he couldn’t have been on significantly more at Cardiff, if the packages/wages we are paying the above named, are anywhere near the figures suggested in recent weeks on this forum?

Personally I wish we’d landed him, I know some agree and some disagree with that, but I’d have thought at the very least money alone wasn’t the reason we didn’t?

Whyte would have needed to take a 50% drop in wages to sign for us, or he sees out his contract and gets the chance to move on a free next summer. To keep him on his existing wages would have made him the highest paid player at the club.

It was absolute shite on Saturday, but I'm not conviced at this stage we should force a change in manager (hard hat on!) at the end of the day we are only in September?
We may be only in September but I'm sure you appreciate that the playing malaise - not to mention abysmal recruitment - started way before the beginning of this season.

It’s obvious to anyone with half a brain that significant money was not spent in that transfer window, neither on transfers, nor wages.
It’s also obvious that we will need to spend further significant monies (£millions) if we want to finish top two in this league, and also common knowledge that our new owners have enough money to make that happen.

Based on all evidence and known facts, it’s highly likely that we are currently “treading water“ while waiting for planning permission to be granted for the new stadium. So KR will be kept during this “holding” period, and given a bit more money in January if we really look in danger of relegation (which we currently do).

We can expect a new manager to be put in place next summer (or following the stadium plans being rubber stamped by the council, whichever is sooner), with the promise of £x amount to spend. Until then, I guess we need to get behind the team and encourage them. Get to the magical 50 points, then plan for next season. Whether he goes now, goes Xmas, or goes in the Summer, KR is a ”dead man walking”. He must realise this by now, and tbh I feel sorry for him. The players will also realise this, and this explains why most of them are looking so uninterested: they realise that their long term future isn’t at the football club. There are exceptions, and we can only surmise that a handful have been reassured that their long term futures are here (e.g. Brannagan and McGuane). KR hasn’t lost the changing room, the owners have…….. which is fine, just so long as the Council pull their finger out and get the planning permission granted asap.

Why wait to the last day anyway where's the planning.I live in the potteries Port Vale have assembled a nice squad with iam sure a much smaller budget .Karl is the boss he's got us in this position
He gambled, he failed.

We may be only in September but I'm sure you appreciate that the playing malaise - not to mention abysmal recruitment - started way before the beginning of this season.
I agree Tim, but we have been in worse positions later in the season under Robbo and come good, just saying. As regards the poor recruitment, I do do believe Robbo is at fault here. Some people are blaming the recuitment team, but actually there job is to look for the type players requested by the manager/coach once presented to them it's their choice, this is where a DOF is needed.

There was no "tightening of purse strings" There was no shortage of funds. There were more funds made available than ever before. What was missing was the willingness of players to join OUFC.
Why is it the club or Robinson.

Back
Top Bottom