I don't like doing this but..........time for change (Appy come home)

That article on KR Shaun really says it all doesn't it!

Our Chairman (Sumrich Thaithatsnevathere) will not be at the Scunthorpe game (apparently) & he just does not have the cojones to sack Karl - Thai people are very trusting & it will take something massive (unfortunately like relegation) for him to admit he made a mistake.

It is our club not Tigers, he might have paid for it but he didn’t buy the heart of the club because that’s us.
I think our voices will be heard all the way over in Thailand if the “Robinson out” chants are loud and long enough. Tiger won’t sack him because he ain’t got the balls. Or he doesn’t really care about OUFC one or the other.
But we can force his hand and KR’s if the voices are loud enough.
I don’t see anyone backing KR on this forum now so if we are actually ‘united’ then our voices will be heard.

It is our club not Tigers, he might have paid for it but he didn’t buy the heart of the club because that’s us.
I think our voices will be heard all the way over in Thailand if the “Robinson out” chants are loud and long enough. Tiger won’t sack him because he ain’t got the balls. Or he doesn’t really care about OUFC one or the other.
But we can force his hand and KR’s if the voices are loud enough.
I don’t see anyone backing KR on this forum now so if we are actually ‘united’ then our voices will be heard.
Time for another poll maybe to see if that is indeed the case? If Tiger is getting sensitive to what the fans are saying, it indicates that he probably knows what happens on this forum and is affected by it.

Regardless of what happens with Robinson (and I can't see him leaving before the end of the season), what remains of our season can't rest on one man alone.

The coaching set up has Robinson, Derry, Faz and Chrissy Allen, and everyone of them needs to give a damn sight more. This isn't a situation where we had Mickey Lewis trying to stop the rot, but 2 experienced managers, a coach who has worked at the highest level, and a young and highly regarded coach who's blood runs yellow and blue. Between them they did to start taking ownership of this situation and, at the very least, make us hard to beat.

We've also got players like Mackie, Mous, Eastwood, Nelson and Kashi who are all leaders in their own right. They need to start leading in the dressing room and on the pitch to get everyone fighting for the cause. It has to be bodies on the line for every game that remains. We're too bloody nice and need to get tougher and rougher. If we start taking the fight to the opposition then it will create the gaps and chances for Whyte, Sinclair, Browne and Graham to get in and cause damage. No one should need to rely on the manager to get them up for the battle, that has to come from within.

Tiger needs to get a grip and take control of what is going on. He needs to come out and say what the hell is going on. Kassam needs to be paid and all rumours of non payments to lawnmower man and others needs to be put to bed once and for all. This will only happen with honesty and that might mean breaking a few confidentialities in order to give assurances to everyone involved with the club. I don't mind if he says he's skint and hoping to get through to April for St. Erick to come in. It almost doesn't matter, but if we're deep in the s**t then the earlier we know that the earlier we can start to look at ways to get out of it. He needs to be at every game that remains (or every home game as a minimum). He need to make it clear that this season has been a failure in every sense and that even if Robinson is staying for now, that this will be reviewed in the summer.

And yes, of course, Robinson needs to take responsibility for what is going on, get his head out of his a**e and start leading the team. He might have had to do all the scouting and contract dealings. He might attend the youth games, the womens games and travel throughout Europe for our greater good, he might be overseeing the training ground issues or putting an arm around the staff in the offices, but the one job he will be judged on is the results on the first team. Nothing else. He needs to palm everything else off and give 100% focus to Blackpool and each game until we are mathematically safe. He is a good enough manager to keep us up. The players are good enough to stay up. But none of that matters if the performances from top to bottom are massively below what all would expect.

As fans, it is frustrating and I understand why people want to storm the boardroom, or shout abuse at anyone that they see as responsible for this mess. But the only thing we can do to influence this for the better is to turn up in numbers and support the team for 90 minutes for every game that remains. Vent as much as you like on here, turn flags upside down or inside out. But once that whistle blows at 3pm on Saturday give everything you have until the final whistle at Luton in May. That might sound like selling out and letting everyone off the hook, but it is all we have right now.
Great post, and correct in every way, except Robinson is good enough to keep us up. He isn’t.

Time for another poll maybe to see if that is indeed the case? If Tiger is getting sensitive to what the fans are saying, it indicates that he probably knows what happens on this forum and is affected by it.
Well I was told in a DM by a moderator to watch what I post on the protest thread because the club follow the forum. So yes a poll would be a good idea.

I know that the club are watching and also, that comments are being seen as hurtful and harsh - sadly, the people behind the web and social accounts are fans and not Tiger et al so its hitting them hard.

Make sure no personal abuse is levelled at staff, always picture the OUFC Official social networks as another fan, not as Tiger or Karl.

But, the club should be able to take criticism and negative comments, it needs to be brave enough to sit up and acknowledge the current state of play is not on.

Finally, I also found Nathan's comments super weird. Was he saying Kassam was a threat, or Tiger? I messaged BBC for a response and that got ignored where other's tweets about the game were being answered. Felt like a really strange thing to say.

At the time, I thought it was related to Tiger, especially with the Ultras flag stuff that has gone on. I can only imagine that Tiger is still a little, let me call it naive, at how OUFC works.

I know that the club are watching and also, that comments are being seen as hurtful and harsh - sadly, the people behind the web and social accounts are fans and not Tiger et al so its hitting them hard.

Make sure no personal abuse is levelled at staff, always picture the OUFC Official social networks as another fan, not as Tiger or Karl.

But, the club should be able to take criticism and negative comments, it needs to be brave enough to sit up and acknowledge the current state of play is not on.

Finally, I also found Nathan's comments super weird. Was he saying Kassam was a threat, or Tiger? I messaged BBC for a response and that got ignored where other's tweets about the game were being answered. Felt like a really strange thing to say.

The loyal long serving club staff, that I think fans go out of their way to always acknowledge, know that any criticism or negativity would never be deliberately directed at them. I don't see people, on any platform, abusing personal members of staff - the people we as fans, recognise as our fellow supporters. I think our fans are hugely appreciative of them. That's the Ticket Office, Mick Brown, the SLO, Williams/Brodetsky, Harris, Rosie/Harris/Everrett, Community staff.

However, the football club have in my opinion, been disingenuous with information, disrespectful to the fan-base and supporters trust and verging on misleading supporters with information - yes, the £1m rent charge a forum was told we pay. That is how I see it and I'm angry about it.

I might add, when I post, I post under my name and from someone who represented the Supporters Trust for over ten years - so I am not one of these trolls who use this forum to post half-truths and inuendo under a hidden guise.

Tell the truth and you might get some much needed support and respect. Deal with the things you can deal with and fans will appreciate it. Sit there and ignore it, ignore your fans, - not those who feel that they're getting the brunt behind a social media account - and you'll no doubt continue to see anger directed at you.

One other point - I have not seen many games this season where the FANS, us, have turned on our players. They look to have our full support. So any suggestion that our fans, from anyone, that we're not behind the PLAYERS, is not true IMO.

Off tangent, are the players/squad back locally or did they stay up in Northern England for a few days? They stayed in Lancashire after the game on Tuesday.

The loyal long serving club staff, that I think fans go out of their way to always acknowledge, know that any criticism or negativity would never be deliberately directed at them. I don't see people, on any platform, abusing personal members of staff - the people we as fans, recognise as our fellow supporters. I think our fans are hugely appreciative of them. That's the Ticket Office, Mick Brown, the SLO, Williams/Brodetsky, Harris, Rosie/Harris/Everrett, Community staff.

However, the football club have been disingenuous with information, disrespectful to the fan-base and supporters trust and verging on misleading supporters with information - yes, the £1m rent charge a forum was told we pay. That is how I see it and I'm angry about it.

I might add, when I post, I post under my name and from someone who represented the Supporters Trust for over ten years - so I am not one of these trolls who use this forum to post half-truths and inuendo under a hidden guise.

Tell the truth and you might get some much needed support and respect. Deal with the things you can deal with and fans will appreciate it. Sit there and ignore it, ignore your fans, - not those who feel that they're getting the brunt behind a social media account - and you'll no doubt continue to see anger directed at you.

One other point - I have not seen many games this season where the FANS, us, have turned on our players. They look to have our full support. So any suggestion that our fans, from anyone, that we're not behind the PLAYERS, is not true IMO.

Off tangent, are the players/squad back locally or did they stay up in Northern England for a few days? They stayed in Lancashire after the game on Tuesday.
Well put @Simon Bradders :)

You can deal with criticism 3 ways.
  • Ignore it - Which leads to customer dissatisfaction (which seems that has already been tried)
  • Hide or Censor it - Even worse in terms of customer satisfaction, usually leads to conflict (worrying signs of this now)
  • Fix it - Take a look at whats causing the situation and try to fix it

If the club reads this forum then they will know how toxic things are turning. I don't think many, if any, fans now support the manager and I doubt if there is anything that could be done to repair this (even league survival wouldn't fix this).

As for Tiger and the other board members a massive effort is going to be needed to rescue things. It should start with a great deal more openness (no not the pitiful highly curated 5 minute sound bites). Plans need to be unveiled (or even the lack of them owned up to). A admittance of all of the past mistakes with full explanations of what has been done to stop them reoccurring is needed. From now a clear plan is need to be shared to show how the club is going to be put on an even keel and made sustainable in the short to medium term. But most importantly they need to earn our trust back. This means if you say no more missed tax bills darn well ensure that this is a fact.

Demonstrate that the club is being actively managed and top priorities sort out the money and the first team.

You can deal with criticism 3 ways.
  • Ignore it - Which leads to customer dissatisfaction (which seems that has already been tried)
  • Hide or Censor it - Even worse in terms of customer satisfaction, usually leads to conflict (worrying signs of this now)
  • Fix it - Take a look at whats causing the situation and try to fix it
If the club reads this forum then they will know how toxic things are turning. I don't think many, if any, fans now support the manager and I doubt if there is anything that could be done to repair this (even league survival wouldn't fix this).

As for Tiger and the other board members a massive effort is going to be needed to rescue things. It should start with a great deal more openness (no not the pitiful highly curated 5 minute sound bites). Plans need to be unveiled (or even the lack of them owned up to). A admittance of all of the past mistakes with full explanations of what has been done to stop them reoccurring is needed. From now a clear plan is need to be shared to show how the club is going to be put on an even keel and made sustainable in the short to medium term. But most importantly they need to earn our trust back. This means if you say no more missed tax bills darn well ensure that this is a fact.

Demonstrate that the club is being actively managed and top priorities sort out the money and the first team.
Im looking forward to the report back from last nights OxVox committee meeting , which may bring a bit of clarity on some of the above well made points from @Millman

Exactly, and should accept any message someone choses to put on a flag or banner, without resorting to censorship.

Does anyone know (roughly) what time Nathan Coopers schpiel was? Didn’t hear it as I was at the game but would like to listen back.

I can understand the forum owner being concerned about possible litigation, but I would have though your comments constitute 'reasonable concern' that should be shared with fellow supporters, rather than anything legally contentious.
We have not been contacted by the club. @Malc was just advising @Shaun Rice to think about any protest posts.

KR twists and turns his comments based on anything he can latch on to, anything to deflect away from himself, his tactics, his management and his personality.
Sure the players might like him. I’ve worked for bosses who who do anything for you, back you to the hilt and are really nice people but they just weren’t very good at their job. They realise that in the end and move on to roles more suited.

What is it this time KR. The lack of players, the injuries, the ref, bad luck, lack of a striker, the opposition nasty tackling.
Oooh Karl I wonder why we're conceding goals? Could it be that you (yes you!) signed a terrible left back and had no proper cover? Or that you signed 2 right backs, who are already no longer at the club for crying out loud! Both or them awful. Or that you left us with just two proper centre half's? The team needed rebuilding in the summer and you decimated it.

Read this sound familiar

He needs to go. Next home game we need to make our feelings known. ROBINSON out!
You are KR, I claim my £5.

KR sacked = big pay day for him.

Are there any other clubs in the country where fans with banners stating their opinions get threatened or intimidated? Apart from illegal ones, of course.

Back
Top Bottom