Manager/Coach Robinsons future - Change of view?

Robins future - change of opinion?

• Robinson should have until the end of the season to get players back.

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Robinson has until Christmas to turn things around.

Votes: 43 23.1%
  • He has until the end of October turn things around, with players back.

Votes: 38 20.4%
  • Enough, Robinson should go now to give the new manager time to assess the squad before the window.

Votes: 87 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellowyellow

With a lot of water having passed under the bridge in the last couple of months, it would be interesting to see how peoples opinions have changed perspective.

Meh. :)

Neither here nor there. He does the community/club stuff well.
Screws up almost every transfer window and dashes our dreams every season either with a crap start, a dull mid-season, or a weak ending.
Then factor in the Big Fish in the league and he is neither over achieving or under achieving.
And his view of games is often far different to the reality.

Really hard to say, I want us to do well and hope it’s with him as I’ve enjoyed his team’s style until this season. But we are dreadful now after a perplexing window- mainly I’d like to know what he thinks he’s playing at.

No point in waiting until the end of October, for players to return, because we will have fresh injuries at that point.

I wouldn’t give him the season, even if we are in danger of relegation….

Doncaster Rovers we’re a play off team not long ago, and look where they are now. You can easily sleepwalk into the trapdoor.

The change has to come now. We need someone in with fresh ideas, and someone that will work under a DOF, and bring some experienced new coaches in. No disrespect to Short and Brown. It needs a fresh start, and get this club moving in the right direction.

Have never thought he was good enough to take us to the next level.
And lately doing his best to prove me right.
Tactically and result wise outthought by top 6 managers, when having a more than capable sqaud over the last couple of seasons.
With his own mismanagement this summer, will have to prove he’s better than the bottom 6 this season.

I think the majority would agree he shouldn’t be here next season unless he pulls off a miraculous turnaround. It’s been done before but I’ve never felt like we’ve been at this low of a point. The football this season is the worst I’ve seen it for years. Even Clotet’s was better!

I’d be amazed if he got us top half based on the last 6 months. It’s all been down hill since that McNally equaliser v Ipswich. Something has changed massively.

I think the majority would agree he shouldn’t be here next season unless he pulls off a miraculous turnaround. It’s been done before but I’ve never felt like we’ve been at this low of a point. The football this season is the worst I’ve seen it for years. Even Clotet’s was better!

I’d be amazed if he got us top half based on the last 6 months. It’s all been down hill since that McNally equaliser v Ipswich. Something has changed massively.
Can’t disagree with you there. We went suddenly from flowing and brilliant to hoofing and terrible. Just really puzzling, apart from the transfer shenanigans

Robinson doesn’t have the ability to take us up. By that logic, what’s the point in prolonging the agony?

Time for a change. The new person should be brought in via a proper recruitment process. The conditions that they’ll work under will be commitment to develop youth/‘model’ prospects, have a defined plan to get us promoted automatically and - in the short term - retain our status in League 1 for this season. Targeted signings should be specific, realistic and achievable. Previous management experience is desirable but not essential. We want someone with a vision and with a the skill set to achieve it.

We should be an exciting prospect for a lot of lower league managers . For all the criticism aimed at KR over the last few weeks, he remains to me to be a committed and competent manager who has implemented a lot of positive aspects to the club. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. Use what’s here to improve things further.

I originally said give him to Xmas, and then reasess. Now he has to go. Gutted to have to say that but enough is enough.

Back
Top Bottom