Manager/Coach Robinson. Stay or go?

Should Robinson stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if Robinson knows how much he is despised by large numbers of fans?
I really welcomed his appointment. God, I was wrong.

I'd get rid of the lot of em, personally. KR, Derry and Faz as well. Allen is in charge of the U23s and doing his job there, so I'd leave him. Complete rethink on the management side for me.
It won't happen though...

It won't happen until the situation with Thohir is concluded.

If he comes onboard, the club can save face by replacing all and sundry with a new team that was "part of the deal" and although they were "fully supportive of KR and his team", the change would be in the "best interests long term blah blah blah". No admissions of guilt, no blame being apportioned, no honour lost.

As an aside, KR came to a club last year and turned an underperforming, uncommitted bunch of no-hopers into a semblance of a team and saved us from the drop. In the summer, he appointed Shaun Derry. Draw your own conclusions.........

Woke up sure that for such an ambitious club with grand plans and "wow" factor there would be something.

Maybe not a sacking but a statement, anything.

There isnt. Nobody really cares. Rudderless. And up s**t creek.
Well It looks like the thing I feared most has indeed happened. Absolutely nothing..

Hang on to your hats folks, we’ve all bought tickets for the ‘Toothless’ and ‘Gobbo’ show! This brummie guy called Darryl reckons it’s the best show in town. Plenty of laughs apparently..

It will be even more frustrating when Sale puts a positive spin on things on Saturday. Why does he not lose his temper for a change. Just show the same anger as us, the fans. So, so infuriating. If only we could have a fans buy out. Masters of our own destiny. Pie in the sky, I know.

MAPP started poorly on and off the pitch, but there were people in place to talk to him and put some of the PR gaffs to bed and obviously Faz was brought in on the footballing side. From that shaky start everyone brought into what the club and MAPP were trying to achieve and the support on and off the pitch was first class.
Now we seem like a rudderless ship, PR gaffs galore not being questioned by anyone around the club, that is letting KR think he’s untouchable and not answerable to anyone, the fans are all over him for what he’s saying as much as the rubbish being turned out on the pitch, the club are disjointed with no PR or any leadership from within, this is just building up to a more toxic atmosphere weekly, the enthusiasm from the fans is evaporating by the week.
Someone needs to grab this club by the scruff of its neck and start the process of sorting the managers ego out, start getting the fans back on board and try and get people believing we can stay in this league this season with or without this manager.

I'd be surprised if anyone could be convinced we can stay in this league with him here.

There’s be a
It will be even more frustrating when Sale puts a positive spin on things on Saturday. Why does he not lose his temper for a change. Just show the same anger as us, the fans. So, so infuriating. If only we could have a fans buy out. Masters of our own destiny. Pie in the sky, I know.
There would be a huge queue about 7000 people long lining up to have the pleasure of sacking Robinson

Fortunately they are away this week and the following 2 weeks I have plans away from football so I may not have to miss anything voluntarily but the Shrewsbury game is on my birthday and I’m not sure I want to ruin what should be a good day by watching and listening to that

Mine too and I've already booked tickets for the lounge... luckily there are a good group of us going for the 125 year game and out in town after... I'd say we could just stay in the bar drinking... it's a toss up between giving Kassam the money for over priced beer and watching that rubbish to be fair!!

was filmed in Hemel Hempstead btw

Attachments

• article-2300978-18FD5F12000005DC-651_634x736.jpg
    article-2300978-18FD5F12000005DC-651_634x736.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 10
Tiger: Herro Karrl, we need to discuss team performance...
Gobbo: Do one yous scally, before ay graft yous a noogie!Large (1).jpg

It won't happen until the situation with Thohir is concluded.

If he comes onboard, the club can save face by replacing all and sundry with a new team that was "part of the deal" and although they were "fully supportive of KR and his team", the change would be in the "best interests long term blah blah blah". No admissions of guilt, no blame being apportioned, no honour lost.

As an aside, KR came to a club last year and turned an underperforming, uncommitted bunch of no-hopers into a semblance of a team and saved us from the drop. In the summer, he appointed Shaun Derry. Draw your own conclusions.........

Yep , agree 100% with that @Oxymoron

This has been one of the worst appointments ever. Like many I was enthusiastic and quite liked his open communicating style. Now, I regard him as a mouthy, no substance car salesman (as someone else has mentioned).
I started this thread 10 days ago expecting that we would see at least one win, just to prove me wrong. Instead I see more of the same in terms of results and I don't intend to commit time and money to witnessing more of the same. While Robinson is here we are relegation fodder and an utter embarrassment. I usually try and give the benefit of the doubt with managers but not with this one, Robinson please go.

I’m afraid he has to go.
He’s a strange character, so enthusiastic and joking. But I’m beginning to think it’s all a bit car salesman.

Right from the start of the season with the friendly at City. Sitting there with his feet up lounging about like he was on the beach! So disrespectful to City and unprofessional.

Even before that the beasting in Ireland trying to defy the biological function of stress, nutrition and recovery of the human body sent alarm bells ringing.

His conduct on the touch line also leaves a lot to be desired. He has more cards than some of the players!

In the end you could tolerate the negative if he’d put together a decent side.

By his own admission he was happy with the budget he had. So why were we unable to sign the players we so desperately needed? Well I think it’s him.

He doesn’t come across as a nice manager to work for. Publicly slating players is a massive red flag. Blaming everyone else but him. Word gets around in football. Why didn’t he raid Charlton? Because none of them would play for him again.

After the Coventry game in the cup. Where Whyte and Shandon played so well. When asked if they had made him think about the team for the weekend? His response of I already know my team for the weekend! Must have filled them with confidence.

He chased and chased smith when there were better more proven players available. That’s his mistake.

The final nail in the coffin for me was last night when he next to denied Hanson was his signing. The manager has final say in who comes in were words from KR mouth only a few months ago.

Robinson’s favourite quote “I know where the problems lie” yes so do we. Bye bye!

Did he not say that’s he’s never spent so much on a player? Or was he talking about some other player?

Got bored, So how does Robinsons record this season stack up points per game % wise against some other terrible managers. Wilder and Mapp only included as examples.

Mapp - Won 67 - Drawn 38 - Lost 35 - Total Games 140 - Points 239 - Points Per Game 57%
Wilder - Won 121 - Drawn 70 - Lost 78 - Total Games 269 - Points 433 - Points Per Game 54%

Terrible managers:
Ramon Diaz - Won 10 - Drawn 7- Lost 8 - Total Games 25 - Points 37 - Points Per Game 49%
Pep Clotet - Won 12- Drawn 10 - Lost 14 - Total Games 36 - Points 46 - Points Per Game 43%
Brian Tolbot - Won 10 - Drawn 16 - Lost 18 - Total Games 44 - Points 46 - Points Per Game 35%
Mark Wight - Won 4 - Drawn 7 - Lost 11 - Total Games 22 - Points 19 - Points Per Game 29%
David Kemp - Won 7 - Drawn 3 - Lost 21 - Total Games 31 - Points 24 - Points Per Game 26%
Robinson - Won 1 - Drawn 2 - Lost 8 - Total Games 11 - Points 5 - Points Per Game 15%

What makes this so bad is that I think most would agree Robinson actually has far better players!

Got bored, So how does Robinsons record this season stack up points per game % wise against some other terrible managers. Wilder and Mapp only included as examples.

Mapp - Won 67 - Drawn 38 - Lost 35 - Total Games 140 - Points 239 - Points Per Game 57%
Wilder - Won 121 - Drawn 70 - Lost 78 - Total Games 269 - Points 433 - Points Per Game 54%

Terrible managers:
Ramon Diaz - Won 10 - Drawn 7- Lost 8 - Total Games 25 - Points 37 - Points Per Game 49%
Pep Clotet - Won 12- Drawn 10 - Lost 14 - Total Games 36 - Points 46 - Points Per Game 43%
Brian Tolbot - Won 10 - Drawn 16 - Lost 18 - Total Games 44 - Points 46 - Points Per Game 35%
Mark Wight - Won 4 - Drawn 7 - Lost 11 - Total Games 22 - Points 19 - Points Per Game 29%
David Kemp - Won 7 - Drawn 3 - Lost 21 - Total Games 31 - Points 24 - Points Per Game 26%
Robinson - Won 1 - Drawn 2 - Lost 8 - Total Games 11 - Points 5 - Points Per Game 15%

What makes this so bad is that I think most would agree Robinson actually has far better players!
To be fair you would have to include KR'S 10 games last season which was.
Won 3
Drawn 2.
Lost 5.
Still a poor record and I still want him out.

Got so angry at the game last night that I lost my cool and shouted in the direction of where the directors ought to have been. Shocked and scared Mrs Lounger and left her upset. Unforgivable behaviour but the whole shambles left me utterly seething.

To be fair you would have to include KR'S 10 games last season which was.
Won 3
Drawn 2.
Lost 5.
Still a poor record and I still want him out.

That equates to 25% still by far the lowest return. 21 games 63 available points only 16 achieved. Tiger must give a statement

Whenever I hear Robinson talk about football, including post match, he sounds like some bloke down the local boozer who's had a few too many. No matter how hard I try, I just cannot take him seriously

Got so angry at the game last night that I lost my cool and shouted in the direction of where the directors ought to have been. Shocked and scared Mrs Lounger and left her upset. Unforgivable behaviour but the whole shambles left me utterly seething.
Snap on that @Manorlounger ...in so much as I was so angry a selection of Anglo-saxon origin words came out (in what was, a few seasons ago,the family stand), VERY loudly .... my younger sister admonshed my choice of 'english' , quite rightly too
Sheer frustration at the way my team has been allowed to turn into a bunch of incapables overseen by Gobbo n the Disrupter... while the owner does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to adress the situation

Back
Top Bottom