Manager/Coach Robinson. Stay or go?

Should Robinson stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having thought more about it, he needs to go.

However, a caveat. He has been utter rubbish here but im not sure hes a rubbish manager. Hes average. He put together a competent team at MK and Charlton, and could spot a player. I do think he was sold a pup with talk of star names that never materialised and has cobbled together an utterly appalling team with his 4th/5th choices.

5 points from a quarter of a season. 5 points.
Chances of Carruthers, Holmes fancying the 2nd half of the season here, none.

Chances of "Tiger" shelling out in January. None. Hes potless.

We are down. No doubt at all.

We need to start thinking about getting a solid team and manager to get back up.

Who would that be?

Gary Bowyer for me.

Tonight was game over. All confidence disappeared from the team after 20mins. The worry is players like Brannagan (storming straight off) jumping ship. Action now needs to be taken.

Shelf the long term plan, this is now about survival
Yes there's only one long term sense and that is how bloody long this season feels already!!!

Robinson under contract to 2020 so big payout if he goes
Every contract at every level has a clause with a maximum of 12 month’s payoff in the event of a sacking, and those payoffs often only occur in full in the event that said manager remains unemployed for the duration of the agreed term. Whether you have one year or five is irrelevant, so don’t let the contract length fool you there.

He should be gone by the end of tomorrow, it’s all gone badly wrong, we look the sort of team who will struggle to get 30 points.

Have a feeling Tiger will let it limp on for a couple more games, reckon our 2-1 home loss to Plymouth will get him sacked.

Very hard job for a new manager, even if he settles that porous defence down a bit we won’t score enough to stay up, why would a good forward join us in January?

Gary Bowyer or Ian Holloway would do me. Can’t be any worse than what we have right now.

Gobbo Robbo is a waste of oxygen!
Tiger needs to sack him tomorrow morning, otherwise fans will start to seriously question his ambitions/aspirations. If he wants to take this club forwards, he has to back that up by firing KR and SD. There’s no alternative!

Is this the worst start we’ve ever had, at any level from any year? Surely it must be. And we still have a bigger budget than what Mapp had two years ago in our first season back.

Having thought more about it, he needs to go.

However, a caveat. He has been utter rubbish here but im not sure hes a rubbish manager. Hes average. He put together a competent team at MK and Charlton, and could spot a player. I do think he was sold a pup with talk of star names that never materialised and has cobbled together an utterly appalling team with his 4th/5th choices.

5 points from a quarter of a season. 5 points.
Chances of Carruthers, Holmes fancying the 2nd half of the season here, none.

Chances of "Tiger" shelling out in January. None. Hes potless.

We are down. No doubt at all.

We need to start thinking about getting a solid team and manager to get back up.

Sad to say I agree with every point you make here, apart from being down. KR would need to go sharpish.

A new manager could do something and keep us up. My money (assuming we get some additional investment soon) is on Jaap Stam coming in, although he would probably want £250,000 to keep us up.
Under Tiger’s guidance, he did take Reading to a play off final. His failure season was under Chinese owners, and Reading haven’t done much better this season.

Right now what's needed is someone that can a) organise the defence so that we stop conceding so many terrible goals, b) install some sort of belief and a winning mentality, and finally c) suss out the the holes in the squad and identify suitable, realistic targets to bring in during the January window.

Can anyone honestly say that Robinson is the man to deliver any of these?

Good point raised about our loan players not wanting to stay after January, who would want to join us if we remain where we are, come to think of it will our out of contract at the end of the season players want an early move?

Can’t say I am to worried about players jumping ship, most of them are not much good. With l2 football likely next season it needs fresh players in anyway, thankfully most will be gone.

Get a new manager in and let him plan for next season now.

I’ve taken a deep breath and calmed down a bit now.. The frustrating thing is despite all the anger on here we all deep down know that Robinson isn’t going anywhere. We want things to change tomorrow but it’s not going to happen. Does Tiger, or any of the other incoming investors know enough about lower league English football to go about appointing a new manager? We just have to hope that Robinson, Derry and the group of players can find a way to grind some points out fast and build some confidence. Night all.

Right now what's needed is someone that can a) organise the defence so that we stop conceding so many terrible goals, b) install some sort of belief and a winning mentality, and finally c) suss out the the holes in the squad and identify suitable, realistic targets to bring in during the January window.

Can anyone honestly say that Robinson is the man to deliver any of these?
NO

Anyone who thinks he’s going clearly didn’t see the fans forum less than two weeks ago, when both our owner and our MD gushed about the coaching staff to such an extent that I feared they would disappear up Robinson’s bum hole.

Deluded, the lot of them. I’m not even angry, I’m utterly dismayed and beyond being able to comprehend what’s going on here, and why it’s being allowed to get worse, and worse, and worse with NO sign of anything getting better.

Derry getting Mackie to go down with a fake cramp finally made up my mind, I'd rather be too honest than see that. Faz's time is just about up too if the noises about his bias against the younger players are true. Get Allen in charge and start enquiries, Warburton or Holloway would be a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom