Manager/Coach Robbo on the way ?

In a way it would be better than somewhere with a long commute, he'd spend half the week up there in a nice flat provided by the club. Anyway probably won't happen.

That’s still a trek up and down every week. Plus when does he come back down? He has a young family doesn’t he? Games are played on the weekends and his kids are at school during the week, he would hardly see them. Hell of a sacrifice.

That’s still a trek up and down every week. Plus when does he come back down? He has a young family doesn’t he? Games are played on the weekends and his kids are at school during the week, he would hardly see them. Hell of a sacrifice.
Yes true, though I think his kids are teenagers. I’m sure a lot of football people do live that two centre life but he seems keen on being settled at home.

Hibs have sacked 3 managers during KR's time at Oxford, it would be madness to consider them, especially considering family upheaval. Remember KR does not like flying and a train from Edinburgh is 5-6 hours to MK. Whilst interest from bigger clubs must be a feather in KR's cap, somehow I really can't see him travelling far. Judging by how hands-on and involved he is in every aspect of the club, I get the feeling he likes being a big fish in a little pond.
Football = madness. Clough went to Leeds United.

Can’t believe for a second that he’ll end up at Hibs - he’ll be living in constant fear of European qualification and all the flying that entails for a start! But either way this, and the QPR rumours need to be put to bed asap so that squad building isn’t affected. It’ll be hard enough attracting quality players as it is without them wondering about the manager situation.

I suspect this is an agent at work and a new contract will be signed shortly..
Let's hope not. It would show a huge lack of ambition by the club to offer KR a new contract right now. Let's see this one at least into November, then re-assess. If he wants security of a longer contract, I get that, and then it's taxi for KR, all being well.

Appleton or [Lee] Johnson could be that man, but Kilmarnock boss Derek McInnes, Malky Mackay of Ross County, and Oxford United's Karl Robinson are not currently under consideration for the Hibs vacancy.

That puts an end to that.

He would cost too much in compo for Hibs. And they play in a worse area than BB Leys

Back
Top Bottom