Matches Relegation Run ins

It's worth an extra point if teams are tied on points as the only way the other team can overtake is a massive goal swing or gain an extra point more than us. Cambridge are 1 point behind us but if they better our results in the final 4 games by 1 point they would remain behind us still. Obviously it's not worth a physical point but it acts as one when teams are chasing you.
It doesn’t act as one when teams are chasing you, because if they finish one point ahead of you then they finish ahead of you, so your extra point of goal difference means nothing.

It doesn’t act as one when teams are chasing you, because if they finish one point ahead of you then they finish ahead of you, so your extra point of goal difference means nothing.

But already explained if a team finishes on the same amount of points we stay above so while it doesn't act as a physical point it shouldn't be under estimated in an relegation scrap.

Cambridge need to gain 2 more points than us, Accrington 4 more points than us, Morecambe 4 more points than us from the remaining 4 games (Morecambe only have 3 games left) to overtake us due our superior goal difference.

But already explained if a team finishes on the same amount of points we stay above so while it doesn't act as a physical point it shouldn't be under estimated in an relegation scrap.

Cambridge need to gain 2 more points than us, Accrington 4 more points than us, Morecambe 4 more points than us from the remaining 4 games (Morecambe only have 3 games left) to overtake us due our superior goal difference.
Oh yeah, I totally agree it shouldn’t be underestimated and is a good thing. It’s just not worth an extra point, or as good as an extra point.

Oh yeah, I totally agree it shouldn’t be underestimated and is a good thing. It’s just not worth an extra point, or as good as an extra point.

If we had an extra point with a worse goal difference than all the teams around us it would be the same, a team could finish on the same points as us but go above us on GD.

God it must be squeaky bum if goal difference is being heightened up to be as good as a point! I do get it though and thank god for the positivity - I’m a right grump for all this… But I do think it’s going to be absolutely crucial this year and could save more than one side.

I think 46 (plus GD) will do it. Cambridge will do well to get 6 points from their games and if they do, that’ll likely mean they take points from Accrington who will not get 6 or 7 from those 3 away games. I think MK will get a few more points and therefore may still be in trouble on GD themselves. Morecambe might get 4 pts but not enough.

I’m making my prediction - 3 sides to finish on 46 points, 1 of those relegated on goal difference.

Last edited:
If we had an extra point with a worse goal difference than all the teams around us it would be the same, a team could finish on the same points as us but go above us on GD.
Yeah you’re right, I shouldn’t have used such an exaggerated example, I got carried away. It’s been a long day. I apologise.

I’d still argue it’s not ‘worth’ an extra point though. To put it another way, as long as all the teams in the relegation places have at least one point less than us, they can have a better goal difference than us of + one million for all I care.

Who's on the FMFF this week? We need word from inside the club on whether they treat our goal difference as being worth an extra point or not.

I think we will get relegated, for all of this looking whos playing who we cant win a game of football.
If we dont win in the next 4 games it would mean that we will have gone almost half a season without winning!
Weve scored 1 goal from open play in the last 6 games.

Accrington will go down if they lose both their next 2 games, cant see them winning those.
Morecambe will go if they lose away at Charlton next.
Cambridge i can now see winning against Accrington and FGR, if it wasnt for their recent out of nowhere form theyd already be relegated.
MK i think will just do more than we will with the extra 2 points theyve got critical.
Port vale lucky enough to have that extra 5 points that only a few wins from us would trouble them.

Who's on the FMFF this week? We need word from inside the club on whether they treat our goal difference as being worth an extra point or not.
NMCW so it will be stadium focused which I fully understand but it is important to raise some questions about the clubs marketing and connection with fans.

I think we will get relegated, for all of this looking whos playing who we cant win a game of football.
If we dont win in the next 4 games it would mean that we will have gone almost half a season without winning!
Weve scored 1 goal from open play in the last 6 games.

Accrington will go down if they lose both their next 2 games, cant see them winning those.
Morecambe will go if they lose away at Charlton next.
Cambridge i can now see winning against Accrington and FGR, if it wasnt for their recent out of nowhere form theyd already be relegated.
MK i think will just do more than we will with the extra 2 points theyve got critical.
Port vale lucky enough to have that extra 5 points that only a few wins from us would trouble them.

While we may have not won a game of football for a while, performances have improved considerably since Manning took over and it's only a matter of time before we win a game.

We've had some tough fixtures under him and have only lost one game.

Who would of thought only 1 loss would of come from these fixtures.

Morecambe Away
Peterborough Away
Sheffield Wednesday Home
Port Vale Away
Bolton Home
Portsmouth Home

Barnsley away will be tough but after that if we can't get the results we need with two home games against Cheltenham and Accrington and an away game against already relegated FGR then we deserve to be in league 2 next season.

I find this discussion pointless.

I think we will get relegated Cambridge are scoring and winning games .We can't win a game of football so sadly iam fearing the worst. Next Tuesday game at home to Cheltenham is the one if we can't win that I think Cambridge will have the edge.

What nobody has pointed out that teams will be playing for survival and pride that are in or around the relegation zone ! To suggest at this stage of the season who will probably win or loose upcoming games is ludicrous! Unfortunately I think Cambridge will survive the drop but who will take there place ?

What nobody has pointed out that teams will be playing for survival and pride that are in or around the relegation zone ! To suggest at this stage of the season who will probably win or loose upcoming games is ludicrous! Unfortunately I think Cambridge will survive the drop but who will take there place ?
If it's ludicrous to try and predict the games how can you think Cambridge will survive?

Back
Top Bottom