Matches Playoff Travel

The lack of organisation in this country beggars belief.
Theyve just spent the best part of 6 months of Sundays fannying about with Headley Way. Now just as they've got the mud off the shovel, they dig it up again
yep

I doubt she does. All it means traffic taking longer journeys to get places and be stuck idle in increased traffic, means more emissions. There are more sensible ways to encourage greener transport use.

The idea is LTNs effectively make car use untenable and that encourages other forms of transport.
However, they often stop car use before implementing the alternatives.
Joined up thinking it is not.....

The idea is LTNs effectively make car use untenable and that encourages other forms of transport.
However, they often stop car use before implementing the alternatives.
Joined up thinking it is not.....
I work with a Dutch company, the guys there just laugh at the way we do transport. It can only work with a comprehensive plan, and that can't be knocked up by a council that doesn't control everything in 8 weeks.

I work with a Dutch company, the guys there just laugh at the way we do transport. It can only work with a comprehensive plan, and that can't be knocked up by a council that doesn't control everything in 8 weeks.
Yes in Dutchland they probably have lovely trams, or at least control the buses rather than let dodgy Stagecoach run only the services that will make a profit.

Yes in Dutchland they probably have lovely trams, or at least control the buses rather than let dodgy Stagecoach run only the services that will make a profit.
They also have a proper cycling infrastructure, actually built for purpose and not just randomly painted on busy roads. More bikes than people there.

Isn’t the appearance of lots of roadworks usually linked to council elections? Start works a couple of months before Election Day so it looks obvious that you’re doing something, get re-elected, then sllloooowwwww dooownwwn because the urgency has passed.

Back
Top Bottom