Sport Pakistan Test Series

Important wicket towards the end getting Imam out. Pakistan need 157 to win. England need to get Shakeel out, or a flurry of wickets at the other end.

Finally balanced going in to Day 4.

If we win this test match tomorrow we’ve won the 3 match series. Great achievement, but again we need to bowl and field well.

Important wicket towards the end getting Imam out. Pakistan need 157 to win. England need to get Shakeel out, or a flurry of wickets at the other end.

If we win this test match tomorrow we’ve won the 3 match series. Great achievement, but again we need to bowl and field well.
agree 100%

Their long tail might be a help especially if getting an early wicket.

Pakistan need 81 runs to win.
England need 5 wickets.

Shakeel 84
Nawaz 32

291 for 7 and so 64 still required.
England were pretty fortunate with that decision I thought. Game winning decision?

Yep Pakistan still require 64 runs.

England need 3 wickets.

Pakistan need 27. England need 1 wicket. Gotta love Test Cricket.

England get the wicket, Pakistan review...

Well well well. I suspect I am going to have to re-evaluate what I thought I knew about test cricket.

Well well well. I suspect I am going to have to re-evaluate what I thought I knew about test cricket.
I think we will need to be prepared to take a deep breath when there are poor sessions, bad days and let's be frank, the odd thrashing as well. At that stage there will inevitably be a multitude of 'told you so' type comments and the harbingers of doom will be telling us that Australia are on the horizon and won't be beaten by this style of cricket. In the meantime we have improving cricketers (Brook, Pope, Crawley and Duckett in this series) and rising confidence.

My main worries would be how long can Jimmy carry on and where are we going to find a top-class, consistent spinner?

Brilliant result in the sub continent, and another thrilling game.

Hopefully the 3rd test in Karachi, will be just as entertaining.

I think we will need to be prepared to take a deep breath when there are poor sessions, bad days and let's be frank, the odd thrashing as well. At that stage there will inevitably be a multitude of 'told you so' type comments and the harbingers of doom will be telling us that Australia are on the horizon and won't be beaten by this style of cricket. In the meantime we have improving cricketers (Brook, Pope, Crawley and Duckett in this series) and rising confidence.

My main worries would be how long can Jimmy carry on and where are we going to find a top-class, consistent spinner?

Agree with the worries in the bowling department.

We’ve not had a consistent spinner since Graeme Swann.

well bowled Wood .... and a Test series win, with one to spare

At least England is delivering in cricket ( its a shame about England footballers)

I think we will need to be prepared to take a deep breath when there are poor sessions, bad days and let's be frank, the odd thrashing as well. At that stage there will inevitably be a multitude of 'told you so' type comments and the harbingers of doom will be telling us that Australia are on the horizon and won't be beaten by this style of cricket.
We’re getting that now while getting record breaking wins (first time ever getting two wins away at Pakistan), so imagine what it will be like if we were losing!

Great victory - maybe we could have applied a bit more of the game situation in our 2nd innings given the time left in the game - but hopefully doing wonders for the level of interest in Test cricket worldwide.

Was funny to hear Aggers and Vic Marks have a little childish row at the end of TMS this morning! A silly little argument about whether Leach should play the final Test but weird to hear at the end of a series winning Test. Think they both needed to sit in the corner and calm down a little!

Back
Top Bottom