Oxford Ultras - Over & Out

I am delighted its all out in the open at long last. Its like lancing a festering sore. Similar to the Oyston/Blackpool scenario. Their fans have stuck to the cause......we need to do the same. If we have to watch the team on the Horspath Road...…...then so be it.

I am delighted its all out in the open at long last. Its like lancing a festering sore. Similar to the Oyston/Blackpool scenario. Their fans have stuck to the cause......we need to do the same. If we have to watch the team on the Horspath Road...…...then so be it.

AFC Oxford anyone?

Not late Sarge... perfectly timed with the winding up order from Firoka. Released at the exact minute Oxford Mail released their winding up story.

A while before the next home game, luckily for OUFC we're on the road tomorrow and the weekend. But depending on the outcome of this latest shitstorm I don't suppose you'd be up for a wee protest?

A while before the next home game, luckily for OUFC we're on the road tomorrow and the weekend. But depending on the outcome of this latest shitstorm I don't suppose you'd be up for a wee protest?
The group is no more, that doesn't mean fans, myself included, could whip up another message banner ;)

Club statement:-

Following Saturday’s game against Peterborough United the club have reluctantly accepted the resignation of Ian Mixter, Head of Crowd Safety.
Ian has been a friend and colleague to all of us at the club and has worked tremendously hard to ensure the safety of supporters. His innovative ‘Ox Rails’ initiative is typical of Ian’s forward thinking and there are countless systems and changes that he has helped to implement around the ground - many of which will go unnoticed by fans but have certainly been appreciated by the safety authorities who continue to hold Ian in very high regard.
Ian told us
blah blah blah

Shocking statement this. Defensive, disingenuous and, when it comes to the ultras, just bloody insulting. Direct from the pen of our inglorious Caledonian PE teacher I'd guess; there's no way Chris Williams would have let this out surely? I'm not one of the loudest critics of Tigger et al on here, mainly because my expectations were so low from the start. Seething about this though. Hopefully, somehow we can come together on here and find a way to affect some change or at least get our message heard collectively.

Shocking statement this. Defensive, disingenuous and, when it comes to the ultras, just bloody insulting. Direct from the pen of our inglorious Caledonian PE teacher I'd guess; there's no way Chris Williams would have let this out surely? I'm not one of the loudest critics of Tigger et al on here, mainly because my expectations were so low from the start. Seething about this though. Hopefully, somehow we can come together on here and find a way to affect some change or at least get our message heard collectively.

So what can we do guys

Mixter could have written that press release. Definitely not a Chris Williams piece.

And interestingly Chris has never had to resign or have a statement released as he’s a good guy who does his job competently

Flying pigs are scarce today

Oxford is mainly in the countryside. If we started up a new team (like that United Manchester team did) we could call ourselves:

Everything Is Excellent In Oxford........United.

Trouble is, our initials would be E-I-E-I-O .......................... F*ck it.

@Junior_1 suggesting Mixter is getting police involved.

As he should, if there are threats being made.
But as said above, if you employ the person being threatened, you don't accept their resignation, you fight in their corner.

I would now like to see the Ultra’s lead formal protests towards the ownership and running of the club.

I truly hope, in private, they are considering leading this, because I’m certain the majority of OUFC fans will be right behind this.

I would now like to see the Ultra’s lead formal protests towards the ownership and running of the club.

I truly hope, in private, they are considering leading this, because I’m certain the majority of OUFC fans will be right behind this.

* Sharpens pitchfork *

Willing to contribute £ to any display protest. I'm sure others will join in financially, emotionally and vocally. UTM!

On a personal note I had a disappointing example of no response from the club, this time from the Fans Liaison Officer. Broke my leg badly and it’s now full of metal rods. Missed the Barnsley & Sunderland games but wanted to go to Peterborough.
I emailed the FLO on Wednesday outlining my issues as to going to a game. I did say that I was going to go anyway come hell or high water, I asked if there was any help they could offer. I do know they sometimes open a box for players relatives so asked if they had any spaces spare (I offered to pay extra by the way).
Nil response, no out of office just nothing heard. I wasn’t expecting the club to be able to do anything but as a 25 year plus season ticket holder I thought I’d ask anyway to make my visit a little easier. Nil response seems to be the current theme.

Agree whole heartedly stand outside protest refuse to go in and support the club away instead.Perhaps ULtra's banners outside than in?.

Difficult to see that happening. There is now zero relationship between the club (i.e. in this case the board, not the poor club workers) and the (ex-) Ultras, so the club is unlikely to engage, and meaningful engagement between the club and fans will be essential if the growing rift is to be repaired.

Besides, the Ultras themselves must feel totally disengaged. Who could blame them for being disinterested in leading anything?

Difficult to know how we, the fans, can proceed from here. Not attending matches (Blackpool style) would simply make things more difficult for the club, and I'm sure we all still love the club, just not the current custodians. No doubt OxVox will reflect the feelings of fans at every opportunity, but I'm not sure the club will listen.

We are in the hands of a proven Walter Mitty-like liar and various people he's chosen to involve with the club but without any obvious plan. When/if any hope of the property deal these people are clearly seeking finally disappears, wouldn't surprise me if Tiger cut his losses and sold us to someone for £1.00. I just pray it's not Kassam.

Sorry Pete, I should’ve made myself clearer. I don’t mean I want Ultras to lead conversations. I want them to lead fan demonstrations. There is no greater passion than that of a volunteer, of which they have had plenty over the last 10 decades.

Their creativity, their noise. I think they would do a good job of leading protests of any kind, as they are clearly an organised and thoughtful group with lots of good ideas and plenty of passion.

I’d be behind anyone right now who was willing to start protests; I’d be willing to get involved. Literally anything to take this up a notch from the terraces, as clearly the current regime must think that how the last year has gone at OUFC is acceptable.

It’s not. I, for one, have had enough.

Any chance the 10.30am access was denied by FK/Stadco in the knowledge that the winding-up order was being issued today so it was "letter of the lease" time again? I've not put that very well but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Agree whole heartedly stand outside protest refuse to go in and support the club away instead.Perhaps ULtra's banners outside than in?.

Tend to agree with this, if we are permitted to put flags outside. Or black flags inside?

Back
Top Bottom