Oxford Ultras - Over & Out

Having just read the latest bit about Jim Goddard who is coming in to look after crowd safety on a match day, he says he worked at the club in a safety officer role in the 18/19 season, the same season the ultras felt like it was becoming harder and harder to carry on doing what they were doing.

Be interested to know if @WuTang had any dealings with him when he was here before?

Having just read the latest bit about Jim Goddard who is coming in to look after crowd safety on a match day, he says he worked at the club in a safety officer role in the 18/19 season, the same season the ultras felt like it was becoming harder and harder to carry on doing what they were doing.

Be interested to know if @WuTang had any dealings with him when he was here before?
I don't remember Jim if I'm honest. Here's hoping he's happy to work with anyone creating displays and colour in the future though and doesn't put up too much red tape.

I don't remember Jim if I'm honest. Here's hoping he's happy to work with anyone creating displays and colour in the future though and doesn't put up too much red tape.

Cynical old me says that is exactly what he will do.

Its all about the "customer experience" these days, and mostly young folk being loud and colourful aren`t the right demographic.

They might offend someone. :ROFLMAO:

Can this Jim chap do anything about the lack of lighting in the overflow carpark? If there is any safety issue that needs to be addressed, it is this one!

Football authorities on the whole were running scared of the emergence of the ultra scene so in my view made things as hard as possible for them to be a success and ultimately became quite powerful. With a few exceptions like Union bears , Green brigade in Glasgow and the mob at Crystal Palace, they’ve seem to have died a death in this country
Wish they would return

Football authorities on the whole were running scared of the emergence of the ultra scene so in my view made things as hard as possible for them to be a success and ultimately became quite powerful. With a few exceptions like Union bears , Green brigade in Glasgow and the mob at Crystal Palace, they’ve seem to have died a death in this country
Wish they would return
Even the Green Brigade have been having issues with Celtic recently and have only just started to go back to games now.

We don't want any red tape put up. That's the last colour we want anywhere near our ground. Make it all yellow and some blue.

Not surprisingly is it .
Pro Palestine banners to blame .
Stick to supporting your club
That was the last of a long litany of things they’ve caused issues with, some examples over last year or so
Booing queens minutes silence
Every year poppy issues
Flares
Pyros
Political signs at champions league matches
Celtic have incurred literally £0000s of fines

Green brigade do some things brilliantly but have become way to political and controversial

Not surprisingly is it .
Pro Palestine banners to blame .
Stick to supporting your club

Pro-Palestine =/= Pro-Hamas.

That was the last of a long litany of things they’ve caused issues with, some examples over last year or so
Booing queens minutes silence
Every year poppy issues
Flares
Pyros
Political signs at champions league matches
Celtic have incurred literally £0000s of fines

Green brigade do some things brilliantly but have become way to political and controversial

Nail on head. The Green Brigade create (probably) the best atmosphere I've ever seen live in Europe but were founded to be more than just a group of fans. They started from a place of disillusionment and dissatisfaction with Celtic and with that, have become a larger mouthpiece as they've grown in stature and given the numerous issues sectarianism and prejudice has created in Scottish football, they have a clear political identity that they will not stray from.

Part of the difficulty is that Celtic need them as the atmosphere is dross otherwise and partly because they're so staunch in their views, whether you agree with them or not. It's a unique situation in the UK but there are similar teams in other countries (St Pauli, anyone?). The issues will keep repeating and the Green Brigade and Celtic as a club will continue to be sanctioned internally and externally, whether you agree with their politics or not.

Back
Top Bottom