Oxford Ultras - Over & Out

If there is a protest it has to be in the game it will make headlines. Some sort of walk out with a banner to shown discontent . Tiger threw his toys out the pram about one banner, wonder how he'd react a larger scale protest.

I agree that any protest will need to be seen or reported beyond the stadium for it to be worthwhile. During play would most likely guarantee wider reporting, but I have to say I feel a bit uneasy about disrupting the game. What about some sort of peaceful and respectful protest outside the ground pre-match? Spread the message to punters at the o-zone and way fans too.

Singing under the stand ten minutes before kick off wouldn’t even register as a protest. It would be like a tree falling in the woods with nobody there to witness it.

But less impactful

I'm reminded of Mike Ashley at Newcastle. Almost universally hated by Geordie fans, subjected to constant abuse at every home game, yet still he turns up and appears not to be affected by it. Don't know if Tiger has a similar rhino skin. If he does, fan protests will achieve nothing.
We can only try.

I believe throwing something on to the pitch at a certain point in the game would be the way forward. Perhaps the 4th minute to register how many winding up orders.

As for what, I’m not sure.

I'm reminded of Mike Ashley at Newcastle. Almost universally hated by Geordie fans, subjected to constant abuse at every home game, yet still he turns up and appears not to be affected by it. Don't know if Tiger has a similar rhino skin. If he does, fan protests will achieve nothing, apart from giving fans the opportunity to vent their spleens.

The responses to banners on show a few games ago would indicate he has skin as thick as toilet paper.

I'm reminded of Mike Ashley at Newcastle. Almost universally hated by Geordie fans, subjected to constant abuse at every home game, yet still he turns up and appears not to be affected by it. Don't know if Tiger has a similar rhino skin. If he does, fan protests will achieve nothing, apart from giving fans the opportunity to vent their spleens.
I feel the need to vent

The fence end is such a weak spot for the poor stadium search teams, imagine if a load of tennis balls, cheap footballs all came over that fence in the first minutes of a game. How could they stop those involved. Pretty tough ask for them. Would hate for that to happen.

FOUL back in the day, had an idea to distrupt the PPV game vs Sunderland by kicking balls into the Manor from the bowls club

All turn up in bow ties with a nice group shot for the OxMail before the game starts, and then with some blu Tac on the flagless space on the east stand make the words Tiger Out! in them ;)

A nice bow tie before and after hot!

How easy is it to throw bow ties? Buy them cheap and smuggle them in easy, just not sure how easy to throw they are.

How many of you are old enough to remember that American series 'Dallas'? You know, when Bobby Ewing walked out of the shower in front of his missus, Pam? It was like the last couple of years just didn't happen. Remember? Well, I had a dream last night....................I was in the shower and......................f*cking Ka-ka-ka curse-him came out with a big cheesy smile on his face! I'm just off to the local 'bin'.

We need to agree on something people, or it isn’t going to have the effect that is required.
I feel it is time that we do something and I will support whatever is decided.
Enough is enough.

I can imagine the CCTV picking up those throwing balls and life bans following, oh I forgot - Mixter's gone :)

I believe throwing something on to the pitch at a certain point in the game would be the way forward. Perhaps the 4th minute to register how many winding up orders.

As for what, I’m not sure.

Hot dogs?

Lads, if you want to organise this kind of thing, you might want to convene a private WhatsApp group or similar. Discussing your plans on an open forum - particularly anything involving objects which might get confiscated at the turnstile if expected - isn’t likely to end in success.

Just had an epiphany. I'm sure it's been mentioned here and I missed it, or it's so obvious that it didn't bear mentioning and I've had a blonde moment...

Club statement: "At around 10.00 am the Ultras arrived to put up their flags and banners at the back of the East Stand. The Ultras were then asked by Ian and Michael Doyle the Stadium Manager to return at noon to erect the flags and speak to Niall McWilliams who would explain the situation”.

This wasn't to explain to the Ultras about problems with the stadium company, it was to tell them that any protest banners or hanging stuff upside down would be met with sanctions or not being allowed in anymore!

After all that's happened since it's so obvious, isn't it?

That is disgusting, make me far angrier than anything happening on the pitch - whatever happened to freedom of speech and the right to protest? Anyone who cares in the slightest about our club, or football in general, should make their views unmistakably clear at the next home game. My suggestion (to the tune of "Sweet Dreams are Made of This") :

Bow ties, and P**s-poor beer,
Your lies are all we hear

I'll add some more lines if I think of some and no-one gets there sooner.

Back
Top Bottom