Oxford Ultras - Over & Out

It's a real shame but no surprise and I don't blame them. Im an older person but I really appreciated what the Ultras did for the atmosphere around the breeze block. Despite being a ST holder I almost turned and went home yesterday when I saw the blank wall. It's going to be interesting to hear the club's reaction to what has happened.

Said it a million times but I'll say it again, ultra movements are doomed to fail in Britain. There isn't the will or understanding here among clubs, "normal" fans, police etc.

Not to denigrate the great work of our boys, of course! Keep those yellow flags flying!

In all my experience at senior level including MD of 7 companies world wide I have learnt that the most successful companies have, as one of the key foundation principles, treated their employees with respect and have regular communications (monthly) to all employees. Why on earth has OUFC treated the Ultras in such a bad way. They enhance the the match atmosphere and are solid supporters of the club.
The club senior management should be thoroughly ashamed of how the ultras and overall fans are being treated. For goodness sake communicate what is going on. It doesn’t have to be business sensitive info, just info of general interest to the fans. Chris Williams is doing an excellent job in difficult circumstances but the senior management MUST sort the problem with the ultras out and improve communications!!

In all my experience at senior level including MD of 7 companies world wide I have learnt that the most successful companies have, as one of the key foundation principles, treated their employees with respect and have regular communications (monthly) to all employees. Why on earth has OUFC treated the Ultras in such a bad way. They enhance the the match atmosphere and are solid supporters of the club.
The club senior management should be thoroughly ashamed of how the ultras and overall fans are being treated. For goodness sake communicate what is going on. It doesn’t have to be business sensitive info, just info of general interest to the fans. Chris Williams is doing an excellent job in difficult circumstances but the senior management MUST sort the problem with the ultras out and improve communications!!

The ultras are not employees though are they.

No, but to me the principle still applies. I personally don’t regard supporters as customers, even tho in the true sense of the word they are.

I don’t know the ‘political’ ins and outs of Stadco, Club, safety officer, etc, but it seems to me this has been simmering away for many months, and now a straw has broke the camels back.

Situation should’ve been sorted out way before it got to the current situation.

Lesson; Don’t take support or supporters for granted.

If Chris is responsible for communication then he should be communicating to the NM of the need to keep fans in the loop more, maybe he has, but if someone has the title "communication," in their job title working for OUFC at the moment, with the way things are then something isn't right.

It's a real shame but no surprise and I don't blame them. Im an older person but I really appreciated what the Ultras did for the atmosphere around the breeze block. Despite being a ST holder I almost turned and went home yesterday when I saw the blank wall. It's going to be interesting to hear the club's reaction to what has happened.

Fully agree, but we support the team/players remember, that's why we go, not because of a fantasist manager or owner.

Well there’s a lack of a denial statement. So I’m guessing nothing?

Oh okay, thought they may have commented but I’d missed it.

I did ask Niall McWiiliams why the Ultras weren’t allowed in at their normal time (10.30am), and he said he didn’t know, but was down to Stadco! Also went on to say that the club and Posh weren’t allowed in until 12pm, and that the Ultras could have come back then to put flags etc.

How the hell our MD doesn’t know why this changed is beyond me or just more bullshit.

What have the club said?

I think that is the disappointment. Absolutely nothing because

1. They don't know what to say...................and they damn well should so
  2. They don't care......................and they damn well should

Its a real shame that one hand really does not know what the other are doing but while we can all get excited about whether or not a group of fans are allowed in the stadium, more worrying is that opposition clubs are not allowed access. This is just getting stupid and needs sorting.

We get Tiger and the MD telling us that the relationship with the stadium company is improving and sadly as seems to be the case these days its complete tosh and only a few days later we see that very overtly

Really is time for a bit of honesty and care for the supporters I think

Keep putting up the one upside down banner for the rest of the season. It makes a statement in my mind. Please also keep all the others safe as they are as much a part of the fabric of OUFC history as the players, managers and memorable matches. And .... you never know - we might just need them again one day ?.

The Ultras have done a fantastic job over the years and you should stand immensely proud of what you have achieved. The displays have far exceeded expectations for a lower league team.

One any last point. Any MD worth his salt would have been all over the situation that arose at 10.30am on Saturday. If only to make sure that responsibility for the decision and the reason behind it were 100% clear and recorded. I sincerely hope our our MD was. Perhaps he'll get back to me on that one.

As I understand it, the club personnel have been denied entry till 12 noon for ages and after arbitration was stopped it was hoped that would change but it seems not. The Ultras ( and opposition kit man and physio) were previously allowed in earlier but for some reason Mr Doyle ( presumably on Firoka/FK authority) denied both Ultras and Posh staff access on Saturday. Not sure if MM or Chris W were given advance notice. Having said that the Ultras could surely have returned at noon. It surely does not take 3 hours to put up the banners. As an old git in SSU i must say the banners do make a difference and hope the situation can be resolved very soon.

As I understand it, the club personnel have been denied entry till 12 noon for ages and after arbitration was stopped it was hoped that would change but it seems not. The Ultras ( and opposition kit man and physio) were previously allowed in earlier but for some reason Mr Doyle ( presumably on Firoka/FK authority) denied both Ultras and Posh staff access on Saturday. Not sure if MM or Chris W were given advance notice. Having said that the Ultras could surely have returned at noon. It surely does not take 3 hours to put up the banners. As an old git in SSU i must say the banners do make a difference and hope the situation can be resolved very soon.

I'm absolutely positive they could. But it's the way it was done, I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom