Non-League Oxford City

Atleast one Oxford side aren't botlers. City have guaranteed themselves in the National league south play offs today. We'll done.

We didn’t bottle it did we? Just weren’t good enough. Think we would of been for the national league south play offs though.

Was being sarcastic mate.

Team weren't good enough and 7 other teams have been better over 45 games than us.

Just thought I would post Ox city have made the play offs so if fans are bored with the extended pre season they could watch this. Play offs start around the 11th May.

Side note, North Leigh got promoted today too. With Banbury's promotion and Oxford City making the play offs, it's been a very good season for Oxfordshire clubs
Was following the game on Radio Oxford , great end to the game and glad North Leigh got the win.

Oxford city had a crowd of over 1000 for todays game against St Albans too, their 3rd biggest this season. Interestingly their average attendance this season have nearly doubled from the 18/19 season where they averaged 356. This season 622 is the average but that doesn't include today's game.

I will be cheering them on in the play offs, not fussed about Brackley but radio oxford love them even though they aren't in Oxfordshire.

Last edited:
I went along today, very enjoyable win against a useful St Albans side. Remember when we used to play them? The big crowd made a lot of difference to the atmosphere and the playoffs should be exciting.

I’ve never been to Oxford City and have zero interest in doing so, but it seems that quite a few our our fans do so. My question is:

If they made it to the Football League, would OUFC fans still go?

I’ve never been to Oxford City and have zero interest in doing so, but it seems that quite a few our our fans do so. My question is:

I would go if United.

: Weren't playing the same day
: Were playing away and too far to travel
: Our game wasn't available on ifollow

Would be more as a neutral though, I just like watching live football so maybe I'm a minority.

and would it develop into a heated rivalry, like the Bristol derby? I’d like it to

Hopefully Oxford City could get to the conference ( while we establish ourselves in the Championship ) so be a great level for our young prospects to get game time and even a last port of call for some of our older players .

Can’t see them ever making it into the football league now, the top of the national league is full of clubs with a budget that would bankrupt City in a month. It will be tough for them to even stay up (if they go up) on what they can pay players.

and would it develop into a heated rivalry, like the Bristol derby? I’d like it to

Well if we move to Stratfield Brake technically they will be the only club within Oxford's boundary. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they ever done a Sutton United and got into league 2. They could steal the younger generation of fans coming through, especially if they keep u18's as free.👀

Can’t see them ever making it into the football league now, the top of the national league is full of clubs with a budget that would bankrupt City in a month. It will be tough for them to even stay up (if they go up) on what they can pay players.

Disagree with that completely. Look at FGR, Fleetwood, Sutton, Harrogate, Salford and Stevenage. You could even add Wycombe and Cheltenham to that list of clubs that have established themselves in the football league and overtook them big teams at the top of the national league. Oxford city have decent owners who's ambition is to reach the football league.

Each to their own, but I have always (and continue to) focus my energy on the one professional football club in the County.
I have nothing against them at all, but also have next to no interest either (i.e. no different to Abingdon or Thame etc).

Oxford is a (relatively) small city, certainly unable to support two successful Football League clubs (not that i think the prospect is imminent). I want to build our club first and foremost and we have massive potential.

Good luck to them, until such point as there interests could conflict with ours.

Disagree with that completely. Look at FGR, Fleetwood, Sutton, Harrogate, Salford and Stevenage. You could even add Wycombe and Cheltenham to that list of clubs that have established themselves in the football league and overtook them big teams at the top of the national league. Oxford city have decent owners who's ambition is to reach the football league.

They average 5/600 fans, don’t have a rich owner and share a city with an established league side. Other than getting a rich owner to bankroll them it’s not happening.

Back
Top Bottom