Away Match Build Up Oxford city Friendly July 2nd

But this will apply to all away games this season, no doubt the London road coach prices will go up. No one is saying fans should attend and I understand why people can't but let's be realistic dropping the price to £10 an adult wouldn't encourage anymore through the door. While the game isn't a great spectacle it's a good atmosphere and the first chance most of us will get to see some new players, add in that you can drink beer while watching the game its a no brainer for us local fans.
... new players? There will be new players?

I went last year and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere's a bit like a summer fete!

But this will apply to all away games this season, no doubt the London road coach prices will go up. No one is saying fans should attend and I understand why people can't but let's be realistic dropping the price to £10 an adult wouldn't encourage anymore through the door. While the game isn't a great spectacle it's a good atmosphere and the first chance most of us will get to see some new players, add in that you can drink beer while watching the game its a no brainer for us local fans.
Yep that's what I am saying. As an exile, petrol prices and travel costs are a more important factor in whether I go to some PSFs this season than the ticket prices. Mind you, I will probably cave in and end up going to some anyway!

Yep that's what I am saying. As an exile, petrol prices and travel costs are a more important factor in whether I go to some PSFs this season than the ticket prices. Mind you, I will probably cave in and end up going to some anyway!
literally a ten min walk to CPF for me....got my 'ticket' / print off (with QR scan code) from Velocity Stadium/ OCFC offices this morning

though (so far) no new signings , nor no new kit (so far) to look forward to seeing, its shaping up to be a lo key pre season runout for some of the squad , with the option of a few beers while watching on an early Saturday evening

literally a ten min walk to CPF for me....got my 'ticket' / print off (with QR scan code) from Velocity Stadium/ OCFC offices this morning

though (so far) no new signings , nor no new kit (so far) to look forward to seeing, its shaping up to be a lo key pre season runout for some of the squad , with the option of a few beers on an early Saturday evening
I'm going, still looking forward to it. Will see all the other 'true fans' down there.

though (so far) no new signings , nor no new kit (so far) to look forward to seeing, its shaping up to be a lo key pre season runout for some of the squad , with the option of a few beers while watching on an early Saturday evening

You may get to watch Jodi Jones and play spot the trialists. Also you may get to see the lesser spotted Ben Davis and Yoav Sade.

Hope you enjoy it Sarge (and everyone else who goes of course). I am out playing music tomorrow so won't be there - but as you say, with so few changes to last season's squad and not even any new kit, it's going to be pretty low key.

Having said that, is there coverage on RadOx or iFollow tomorrow (just in case I can get a sneaky listen somehow!)?

Hope you enjoy it Sarge (and everyone else who goes of course). I am out playing music tomorrow so won't be there - but as you say, with so few changes to last season's squad and not even any new kit, it's going to be pretty low key.

Having said that, is there coverage on RadOx or iFollow tomorrow (just in case I can get a sneaky listen somehow!)?
doesnt appear to be rad ox coverage tomorrow eve on their schedule .... guessing that both OWS and Ox Mail will have live twitter updates?

It's more about being there than the score .. it's fun to see the players close up

You may get to watch Jodi Jones and play spot the trialists. Also you may get to see the lesser spotted Ben Davis and Yoav Sade.

I’d be stunned if Jones, Baldock & Browne play considering they’ve had recent knee injuries and the fact Oxford City’s pitch is a fake one.

Quite annoying we always play City first when you know that’ll be the case.

Tickets purchased. I've seen a few comments on twitter and Facebook from fans about the cost putting them off and one fan even saying its both clubs being greedy. Now from memory the city Friendly has always been a similar cost so I'm unsure why these fans are commenting on it this season when all around us ( food shop, petrol, sky etc) prices have gone up by atleast a third. Where else can you spend £12 and get 2 hours of entertainment? Even cheaper for u18's/students/concessions and u12's respectively.
I think it comes from everyone counting every penny at the moment, and even though the pricing may be the same or similar to previous seasons, the cost of everything else but wages going up has led everyone to reassess their finances and scrutinise the cost of everything and where they put their money. Events like football matches might be a necessity for die-hard fans, but for the more casual fan, tickets like these are the things that are cut back on first. Not saying that the clubs are being greedy, but it's something that they need to be aware of going forward when trying to attract punters this season.

Apologies if this has been posted previously - I've no idea what of sort of physical condition Jones is in but it's a lovely, fond article:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/n...jones-farewell-footballer-fundraiser-24006106

Thanks for that, a good read.

His character (on top of his footballing qualities - and yes - injury record) do sound very much up KR's street.
Not dissimilar to our relationship with Rob Hall in many ways (though that in itself may raise a few alarm in terms of what he can or can't offer on the pitch).

Oh, and I was today years old when I learnt that someone from Coventry is called a 'Coventrian'!

Apologies if this has been posted previously - I've no idea what of sort of physical condition Jones is in but it's a lovely, fond article:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/n...jones-farewell-footballer-fundraiser-24006106
Jones is fully fit and has been since the start of last season
His problem last year was the form of Calum O'Hare who was Coventry's other main creative attacker
O'Hare managed to avoid injury or illness throughout the campaign so Jones chances were few and far between
Jones won't play today but will hopefully feature in other pre-season games that aren't on artificial surfaces

I know it is a zero percent chance but it's also a dead cert chance the majority of the crowd tonight at CPF will be U's fans. So, with this dead cert chance and even without our new kit being present wouldn't you think that our club shop management would've maybe enquired/asked the City hierarchy if the club (OUFC) seeing as the U's fans with probably outnumber the home fans very comfortably to have a small club shop table at the ground tonight selling the new macron training gear etc?

Probably the zero chance of this happening and probably the zero chance of our club even thinking about it and chancing their arm.

However, if you are reading this there is still time to ramp a few things together and dust down the sum up reader.

Opportunity knocks...now where have I heard this before?

COYY'S

I wonder if that goal machine will score today “A. Trialist”

Back
Top Bottom