OUSP News

I've had a response to this and can now clarify that the new system doesn't allow the club to offer the discount online. It's not a commercial choice by the current team but a knock on from previous decisions.
Hopefully something can be put in place for future seasons, the club will keep us updated.

I haven't seen a reason. I know that there are problems with some of the computer systems that were put in place by a previous member of staff and are now barely fit for purpose. So I don't know if that affects their ability to include discount codes on the system or not.

I'm just a simple screw that locks people up for a living. But I would have thought that there would be a fairly simple solution, even if this had to be manually done via telephone sales rather than online. Demand for online discount would have been greatest during the closed season when no one is going to games. But from tomorrow onwards I would except 90% of season ticket holders to be able to attend in person to get their discount. So we're not talking about huge numbers to process individually.

The reality is that you could probably wait until January and get 10/20% discounts anyway, but this dilutes the value of having a season ticket whilst also reducing revenue on shirt sales.
If a ST holder purchases on line, they will pay by card.
They will give there address details etc.
So, allow them to also enter there fan number .
The 10% discount could then be returned to there payment card.
Easy - just like when you return goods online

I've had a response to this and can now clarify that the new system doesn't allow the club to offer the discount online. It's not a commercial choice by the current team but a knock on from previous decisions.
Hopefully something can be put in place for future seasons, the club will keep us updated.
Somebody at the club telling porkies? They must think we are really naive. They actually installed a retail software system that doesn't allow on-line discounting? Seriously? Which complete and utter muppet fell for that one?
Have they also got a bag of magic beans by any chance?

Somebody at the club telling porkies? They must think we are really naive. They actually installed a retail software system that doesn't allow on-line discounting? Seriously? Which complete and utter muppet fell for that one?
Have they also got a bag of magic beans by any chance?
I’d also add that I’m sure that the software hasn’t changed from the one that was able to add discount codes last season…

I’d also add that I’m sure that the software hasn’t changed from the one that was able to add discount codes last season…
Yes it has, and the switch has caused all sorts of issues. There is no benefit to the club of not offering the discount online.If they could, they would.

Yes it has, and the switch has caused all sorts of issues. There is no benefit to the club of not offering the discount online.If they could, they would.
In that case then I’m shocked that they have managed to find a software that doesn’t allow the ability to offer an online discount code facility.
I’d also question that when it came apparent that the software was not up to standard was this not changed straight away?

I set up an e-commerce platform from scratch and then ran it day to day for several years, including both product development and remarketing. Built it all on a Shopify system and then used plugins like Klaviyo for targeted marketing, including customer specific discounts and offers.

I genuinely don’t know how the club managed to do anything related to their e-comm in this day and age that means they can’t issue any form of discount to anybody. You would have to actively go out of your way to lock yourself out of such basic abilities. It’s genuinely on a par with buying a house that doesn’t have running water.

I set up an e-commerce platform from scratch and then ran it day to day for several years, including both product development and remarketing. Built it all on a Shopify system and then used plugins like Klaviyo for targeted marketing, including customer specific discounts and offers.

I genuinely don’t know how the club managed to do anything related to their e-comm in this day and age that means they can’t issue any form of discount to anybody. You would have to actively go out of your way to lock yourself out of such basic abilities. It’s genuinely on a par with buying a house that doesn’t have running water.
I can only think of two scenarios whereby such an eventuality could arise.
First: Abject incompetence on the part of whoever sourced the software.
Second: Fraud. (a nice back hander from the supplier of said software) *

Both would lead to the person involved leaving the employment of the club.

The software's licensed from a company in Marbella, I discovered. Not saying how, tho.
* Some very interesting characters reside in Marbella.

I'm sure it's all above board.

I suspect that it is the former with the result being as you described!

In that case then I’m shocked that they have managed to find a software that doesn’t allow the ability to offer an online discount code facility.
I’d also question that when it came apparent that the software was not up to standard was this not changed straight away?

I'm calling b*llsh*t on this one, I know they changed their CRM, but I also know firsthand (I work on the software for a day job) that something like this would be a piece of P**s to put in place, and if it's the retail software, I really cannot imagine software that does not allow discounting.

I'm calling b*llsh*t on this one, I know they changed their CRM, but I also know firsthand (I work on the software for a day job) that something like this would be a piece of P**s to put in place, and if it's the retail software, I really cannot imagine software that does not allow discounting.

Can I just point out that OUSP is only communicating what we have been told by the club.

I'm no expert in these matters, and like others, have questioned what appears to be a lazy response to something that should be a fairly easy fix (I assume).

If you or others have specific information then please share through ouspinfo@gmail.com and we can continue to take this forward.

Back
Top Bottom