EPL Nuno sacked! - Too soon?

Should Nuno have been given more time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Spurs have sacked Nuno after just 4 months!

They are 8th, 4 points off the CL spots! with only 10/38 games played! In the EFL Cup quarter finals!

The world is going mad!

Should he be given more time?

It was never going to be a long stay for Nuno. He was 4th choice I think?
Spurs as a club look to be in a bit of a mess. Struggled to get the manager they really wanted, and upset their captain and leading striker in the summer.
They seriously need to look at their recruitment policy and Levy might need to accept that he should make take a step back a little bit from trying to control everything.

Diabolical decision.
He inherited a poor team. Lane gone off boil too.
Tottenham got rid of Mourinho too. Must be costing them lots of money
As for a successor, talk is of Graham Potter. I hope he stays put and does well for Brighton.
I wonder if they’ll go for Thomas Frank from Brentford. Might do very well there

I see Barnsley have sacked their manager too
no surprise there…he’s on a three year contract
Sack race seem to think Wilder and Appleton might be the new manager of Stockport who are on tier six

Nuno was given an impossible remit with the basket case that is Spurs.
Levy is not the best when it comes to patience, especially when the baying masses were calling for the managers head.
Truth be told, the knives were being sharpened long before he had even sat down.

I see Barnsley have sacked their manager too
no surprise there…he’s on a three year contract
Sack race seem to think Wilder and Appleton might be the new manager of Stockport who are on tier six
I thought Barnsley were doing well, just seen the table!

Should’ve sold Kane. Nuno had them playing fast paced football all pre-season with Son up top offering dynamism and a high press as well as a more effective counter. Since the third or fourth game of the season he’s had Kane sulking about the place and wandering around the midfield, doing whatever he likes.

Levy is more of a problem at Spurs than any manager could or will be.

Apparently conte is on his way to Spurs will he be any better who knows will he see out the season who knows will Kane be sold in January 🤔

Nice pay day for Nuno.

Shows what a joke it all is up that end of the trough.

Obviously driven by the U21 defeat the other week. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Apparently conte is on his way to Spurs will he be any better who knows will he see out the season who knows will Kane be sold in January 🤔
Surprised Conte would go there. He tends to want a lot of backing financially and will help get it at Spurs?

He is an unfortunate (though well paid off) casualty of the club's incompetent strategy over the past couple of years. Starting right back when they got to the CL final but didn't back Pochettino fully that summer, they have been going backwards since. The process from sacking Mourinho in April to appointing Nuno on 30/6 was shambolic and was only ever going to undermine him. The mess of the Kane situation torpedoed his start. All of that is Levy's fault. Kane/Son pretty much dual-handedly dragged Spurs up from mediocrity last year, but you can't rely on that every year.

Nuno was too defensive/cautious type of manager for Spurs imo. They need one who will look to get on the front foot rather than be a counter attacking team.

The mistake Spurs made this season was not selling Kane. He clearly isn't happy and doesn't want to be there so they should have taken Man City's £100m offer or whatever number was close to that. He is meant to be a dressing room leader so if he is in a strop then it won't be doing any good in the dressing room/on the training ground.

Should have been given much more time, they were heading in the right direction
DOWNWARDS

The problem with the premiership they’re greedy and want more success so a few hiccups and they get rid of the manager. Mind you though Pep ( Fokus ) didn’t last much longer not Gary Waddock so I suppose we’re no different

At least he didn't work in Argentina...

Well spuds Lost to us and Man Utd in one week, I mean losing to Man Utd, who would have thunk it,

Back
Top Bottom