League One Sunderland manager sacked!

And now they're looking for a new manager again, as Alex Neil is set to depart for Stoke after just 6 months (and a promotion). Seems a slightly strange move to me? I bet their forum is good value though.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/inside-alex-neils-sunderland-departure-as-cats-boss-leaves-for-stoke-city
I just saw that they had left him on a 1 year rolling contract rather than placing him on a firmer deal and had supposedly bought a player that he knew little about. It does seem odd, although seemingly understandable.

I just saw that they had left him on a 1 year rolling contract rather than placing him on a firmer deal and had supposedly bought a player that he knew little about. It does seem odd, although seemingly understandable.
For all that we laugh at Sunderland, I’d say it was a better job than Stoke with more potential. But no idea what’s been going on

Very odd.
Sunderland are suddenly on a roll after years of failure. Losing their manager now seems a little negligent. Maybe they think that they cam get better?

Crazy for him to go to Stoke City. Sunderland looked to be on a roll that might have been ending in the premier league.
Hopefully Sunderland will go the way of L1 next season

Crazy for him to go to Stoke City. Sunderland looked to be on a roll that might have been ending in the premier league.
Hopefully Sunderland will go the way of L1 next season
If Stoke offer him a long, large contract and money to spen, then they might ret to the Prem.

Speaking to a mate who lives a stone’s throw from the SoL and knows a lot of their fans, they think the decision has been largely driven by Alex Neil’s family all still living in the Preston area and this brings him a couple of hours closer to them. Understandable in every respect if true. Doesn’t sound like he’s had much time to decide either and very unexpected.

Reports of a squad backlash at the training ground today as Stewart had just committed to a new contract on the back of a conversation with Alex Neil to stop him going to Rangers. Sounds an ugly situation. Let the Merry-go-round begin.

He was seen at the Stoke game while Sunderland (to whom he is still contracted) were also playing.
The fans on their forum are...not happy it's fair to say.

He has been announced as the Stoke manager.
Mowbray is one of the favourites for the Sunderland job.
All pretty strange

He was seen at the Stoke game while Sunderland (to whom he is still contracted) were also playing.
The fans on their forum are...not happy it's fair to say.
Ha ha, all Karl has done is sign too many wingers and annoy someone’s mum!

Back
Top Bottom