League One Sunderland manager sacked!

Roy Keane talking to ITV about the speculation linking him to the vacant Sunderland managerial job:

"I have no control over that. I made it clear I would like to go back in football as manager one day but the club has to want you and you have to want the club and the contract has be right. Let's see what takes shape over the next few days.

Roy Keane talking to ITV about the speculation linking him to the vacant Sunderland managerial job:

"I have no control over that. I made it clear I would like to go back in football as manager one day but the club has to want you and you have to want the club and the contract has be right. Let's see what takes shape over the next few days.
He's been out of management for over 11 years!

How can they expect him to start back and get them promoted!?

Deluded!

He's been out of management for over 11 years!

How can they expect him to start back and get them promoted!?

Deluded!

In fairness he was assistant manager of the Ireland team up until 2018, with a couple of spells at clubs who escape me afterwards as assistant again, but absolutely if you're Sunderland at this point you go for a solid L1 manager, surely?

Whether he has managed them before or not, the fickleness of their fan base and the undoubted upset his personality will cause amongst that dressing room is surely going to cause some aggro. That's putting aside the fact he's never managed at this level before.

Crazy appointment.

Anyone who employs Keane in a leadership position in football needs to strongly question their values.
His tackle on Haaland, his response at the time and over years and years later show that he has no place in training younger footballers.

Sunderland 1 - Doncaster (!) 2

I imagined the total meltdown tonight, happening right now, in front rooms, kitchens and pubs all around Sunderland ....and smiled .... before transforming my emotions and feelings into the happiness of words.

Id rather be a flasher than a Mackem..

Replica shirts on their back
They're a mob - red and black
Cheering clowns who don't care
From their "Entitlement" lair at :
The Bears, Cubs and Masters
(formerly the Sunderland Arms, alongside the ground and now renamed and under new management with a strict U21 policy)

Their forums a joke they're always having a poke
and theyre woke!
Wake up and get real
cos the feelings not real
Mackems signings are s**t
within days they dont fit
Its a mirage
Reflecting the hope of all those at their "Entitlement" lair at :
The Bears, Cubs and Masters
(formerly the Sunderland Arms, alongside the ground and now renamed and under new management with a strict U21 policy)

Id rather be a rapist than a Mackem
Case in point
#1-2 Donny really?
#noteveneverfuckingnearly
#howfuckingbadareyoumackem?
#whenbottomteamdonnycansmackem!

A shout out to Donny manager as possible manager of the month?. Not all about 5/5 but beat Mackems and Dons away. Our choice surely!

Anyone who employs Keane in a leadership position in football needs to strongly question their values.
His tackle on Haaland, his response at the time and over years and years later show that he has no place in training younger footballers.
Yes, ‘take that you c—‘. He’s a dinosaur

According to Soccer Saturday this afternoon, their fans were chanting for Keane. So we likely get to see.

In fairness he was assistant manager of the Ireland team up until 2018, with a couple of spells at clubs who escape me afterwards as assistant again, but absolutely if you're Sunderland at this point you go for a solid L1 manager, surely?

Whether he has managed them before or not, the fickleness of their fan base and the undoubted upset his personality will cause amongst that dressing room is surely going to cause some aggro. That's putting aside the fact he's never managed at this level before.

Crazy appointment.

To be fair a 40k crowd for this league is amazing - don’t get the demonising of them. Yes I can’t deny I enjoy big clubs being humbled but All clubs including ourselves have fickle and idiotic fans. Whenever I’ve been to Sunderland games and spoken to their fans they’ve really been pretty much like any other fan group except a lot more of them than other fans at our level. Yes their forum can have some extreme opinions but can’t ours and there are loads more of them. I can’t imagine there are many other clubs in the country who would have average over 30k and sometimes over 40k at this level.

It's getting funnier and funnier - Keane has now declined to take the job. It's going to be the likes of McCann or Neil - god help them!

It's getting funnier and funnier - Keane has now declined to take the job. It's going to be the likes of McCann or Neil - god help them!
They should leave it to the caretaker team till the end of the season, they're doing a good job so far!

Love it when a club that’s rivalling us for a play of place hits the self district button time after time… don’t worry lads I’m sure Steve Evans / Phil brown etc. will do a great job for you!

That's brilliant - they've been clamouring for him for the last fortnight, now what?

As i've mentioned before, they'll never be a problem attracting a new manager it's whether they get it right with the appointment and give them time

McCann would be an excellent choice but i suspect they ( The Club ) have their eye on Scotland again

Back
Top Bottom