League One Paul Cook sacked at Ipswich

unification

Move over Sunderland. There’s a new trigger happy big club in town.

Ludicrous decision. Turning these fallen giants around can be like turning an oil tanker. They take time, effort and patience. Paul Cook is a proven manager at this level and, if given the resources and time, could do a great job.

Mad.

Last edited:

Ludicrous decision. Turning these fallen giants around can be like turning an oil tanker. They take time, effort and patience. Paul Cook is a proven manager at this level and, if given the resources and them, could do a great job.

Mad.

I've seen some comments that they failed to beat a non-league team. :rolleyes:

Ludicrous decision. Turning these fallen giants around can be like turning an oil tanker. They take time, effort and patience. Paul Cook is a proven manager at this level and, if given the resources and them, could do a great job.

Mad.
Robbo to Ipswich. You heard it here first (because I just made it up).

This is a bonkers sacking, absolutely ridiculous. Cook is one of the very best out there at this level and, although there’s no guarantees in football, he would have got Ipswich up next season in my opinion. It was a massive overhaul in the summer, somethIng like 20 new players, and how those running the club can expect that to gel in to a proper force within 4 months beggars belief.

Pantomime season well under way in the Ipswich boardroom it seems.

On a serious note do you think KR would be interested and if he was would we be interested in cook

Ipswich are unquestionably bigger than us although my guess is any potential manager might be wary of going there given how they’ve dealt with Cook. Robinson likes security and a project and I’m not sure that’s the right place for how he likes to operate.

If we lost Robbo any time soon then there wouldn’t be many names above Cook’s who we’d want here.

And of course the CEO if Ipswich is none other than Mark Ashton

My guess is that the Board realised that yesterday's draw meant that they would have to spend a Tuesday night in Barrow - and decided that this was a sackable offense.

It's the only thing that makes sense, because sacking a manager with one of the best track records in the division after only 20 league games certainly doesn't! Who the hell do they think they're going to get that's better??

And the CEO of Ipswich is none other than Mark Ashton. I had a long conversation at a pre season friendly when Oxford played at my local team Farnborough Town and he laid out a vision of his long term aim at Oxford. Since then he has certainly moved around a bit.
I have heard that Ipswich fans seem happy that an experienced manager in the shape of Neil Warnock might be heading there.
Personally I think it was a very harsh sacking and if KR did go there…don’t think he would….Paul Cook could do a good job here with his experience in the lower leagues

My guess is that the Board realised that yesterday's draw meant that they would have to spend a Tuesday night in Barrow - and decided that this was a sackable offense.

It's the only thing that makes sense, because sacking a manager with one of the best track records in the division after only 20 league games certainly doesn't! Who the hell do they think they're going to get that's better??
Madness unless they’ve already got someone amazing lined up.

He's been at the club 9 months so obviously a BIG CLUB like Ipswich should be a 100 points clear of everybody else because they spent some money.... Certainly plenty of their fans on their forums think something like this hence saying Cook should have gone before this, because obviously a long time failing club can be turned around instantly. It is the Sunderland syndrome and at least a new manager every season just means problems generally get compounded.

Back
Top Bottom