League One Paul Cook sacked at Ipswich

In all fairness I hope whoever they choose as there new manager I personally hope fails for a couple more seasons just like Sunderland the fans of both teams have this mentality that they are to good to big to be in league one but at the end of the day there is a reason they are still in league one

In all fairness I hope whoever they choose as there new manager I personally hope fails for a couple more seasons just like Sunderland the fans of both teams have this mentality that they are to good to big to be in league one but at the end of the day there is a reason they are still in league one

The trouble is you get a view of a fan base from a few gobshites on social media, the vast majority are probably not as bad. Most football fans are well aware that they deserve to be in the league they are in (I certainly didn’t watch us in the conference thinking we should be higher up, probably wondered how some of our players back then we’re playing above Sunday league), they just get drowned out by the idiots.

The trouble is you get a view of a fan base from a few gobshites on social media, the vast majority are probably not as bad. Most football fans are well aware that they deserve to be in the league they are in (I certainly didn’t watch us in the conference thinking we should be higher up, probably wondered how some of our players back then we’re playing above Sunday league), they just get drowned out by the idiots.
Fair response I actually quite enjoyed it when we was in the conference obviously prefer being in league one but the conference was fun and I guess some of our fans were just like Ipswich/Sunderland

Fair response I actually quite enjoyed it when we was in the conference obviously prefer being in league one but the conference was fun and I guess some of our fans were just like Ipswich/Sunderland

I moved back to Oxfordshire for 2009/10 after a decade away and renewed my season for the start of the season. I therefore had the enjoyment of just seeing the one season in the Conference.

A shame that it took for me to start attending again for the club to finally get back into the football league.

You’re all very welcome of course.

What I'm wondering is why Ipswich would think it's a good choice for them.
If I had to guess:

- Big name manager likely to increase media attention and therefore sponsorship opportunities = £££

- Likelihood of higher crowds, which means more money and better atmosphere, perhaps leading to better results

- They’ve tried an experienced older manager, he failed (in their eyes) therefore people often like to try something different, eg a young inexperienced manager

- League One level players are likely to look up to and respect a player of Lampard’s status, more likely to buy into his ideas/work hard

- He should still have a wealth of contacts at Chelsea, and is well regarded there, so will be able to loan in young players from one of the world’s best academies who are likely to be a level above League One (plus he’ll know who is actually good there and who is a dud)

If they want a big name manager then why is Marc Bircham favourite for the job? Couldn't be much more unknown than that.

Last edited:

Tbf, the "Boring, boring Oxford" chant doesn't do the overall fanbase much favours considering how many goals we've scored and using game management for the final 10 minutes of a game to get a point.

His eyeballs in fake tan?
52d020cd6da811ec690b6449

That would be horrible to experience that.
(Been there done that). Did we get any results away in our conference years ?

Deserved win for Barrow. Barrow absolutely hammered Ipswich in that 1st half.

"Boring, boring Barrow".....

Back
Top Bottom